Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
LOL AT THE NOTION OF THERE BEING MORAL TRUTHS!

LOL AT THE NOTION OF A HACK LIKE YOURSELF IMPLYING THAT SOMEONE HAS MORAL AUTHORITY!

LOL AT THE NOTION OF YOU (THROUGH YOUR DOGMATIC POST) CLAIMING THAT charlatans sorry conservatives ARE THE MORAL AUTHORITY IN THE U.S.

LOL AT THE NOTION OF SATAN AND HELL
Many Conservatives and Liberals alike believe in God. None of us are perfect. None of us proclaims to be. But this much is true: there is an eternal end game. Laugh and mock all you want. I could care less.

But back to the topic at hand: i'm glad this lady had a moral awakening. I wish there were many more like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
The only truth that we know about the "Eternal End Game" is that you die and rot in the ground.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Abortion is killing; it is not murder. Yes, these are two different things.

I'm pro-choice and I never try to deny that the embryo or fetus is a life. It absolutely is a life. I have to be prepared to stand behind my beliefs that sometimes, the taking of a life is justified or at least understandable. I've have professional experience with abortion and even at very early stages, there are little body parts that have to be laid out on a surgical towel for the doctor to count. No sense pretending otherwise. It is not a blob of blood and mucous.

But as long as it is part of a woman's body, she takes precedence. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Abortion is killing; it is not murder. Yes, these are two different things.

I'm pro-choice and I never try to deny that the embryo or fetus is a life. It absolutely is a life. I have to be prepared to stand behind my beliefs that sometimes, the taking of a life is justified or at least understandable. I've have professional experience with abortion and even at very early stages, there are little body parts that have to be laid out on a surgical towel for the doctor to count. No sense pretending otherwise. It is not a blob of blood and mucous.

But as long as it is part of a woman's body, she takes precedence. Sorry, but that's the way it is.
And the Germans saw killing Jews as legal and should take precedence. We Americans thought slavery was OK for 100 years and it was legal. Does not make any of them right

Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroguydc View Post
many conservatives and liberals alike believe in god. None of us are perfect. None of us proclaims to be. But this much is true: There is an eternal end game. Laugh and mock all you want. I could care less.

But back to the topic at hand: I'm glad this lady had a moral awakening. I wish there were many more like her.
+1

Old 11-03-2009, 08:59 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Whatever the full reason, I'm glad the woman switched her position and left.
What she said about the money aspect reminded of a report the local Dallas channel 4 did about the year we moved to Dallas (1984 or 85) They did an expose on about 5 local abortion type clinics (I don't think any of these clinics were Planned Parenthood clinics.) Anyway, it was pretty shocking. They sent several young women out who they previously tested just to be absolutely certain that they were not pregnant and had them go to a few various in clinics for testing. Several of these clinics told them that they were pregnant and scheduled them for an abortion!

How many women who went to those clinics actually went through some type of procedure which was called an abortion, but actually may not have even been pregnant? I know this is pretty unbelievable, and I know some of you reading this may be skeptical that this is true. (I might even be skeptical myself if I hadn't actually seen the news report and known that this is a reputable station reporting this.) I can assure you, however, that this is what Channel 4 reported to be the results of their investigation. According to them, this happened not once but in several of the local clinics. The implication was that these were not just honest mistakes but simply a way to make money.

Last edited by kaykay; 11-03-2009 at 09:15 AM..

Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
And the Germans saw killing Jews as legal and should take precedence. We Americans thought slavery was OK for 100 years and it was legal. Does not make any of them right
False analogies. Letting a Jew live or letting a black go free is not the same thing as being forced to gestate a human being inside your own body for 9 months and then go through the process of birth. There is no comparison. An embryo/fetus is part of a woman's body. A Jew is not part of a Nazi's body; a black slave is not part of a slaveowner's body. Respecting the rights of these two groups posed NO physical consequences to the perpetrators of injustice. For all kinds of reasons, a woman cannot be forced to endure a pregnancy against her will. Should she be more responsible and avoid pregnancy to begin with? Absolutely. But let's also don't forget rape, incest, congenital anomalies, or conditions that make pregnancy and birth more dangerous than usual (yes, pregnancy and birth are both dangerous to women).

Like it or not, abortion is truly unique. There are no comparable analogies.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:32 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
False analogies. Letting a Jew live or letting a black go free is not the same thing as being forced to gestate a human being inside your own body for 9 months and then go through the process of birth. There is no comparison. An embryo/fetus is part of a woman's body. A Jew is not part of a Nazi's body; a black slave is not part of a slaveowner's body. Respecting the rights of these two groups posed NO physical consequences to the perpetrators of injustice. For all kinds of reasons, a woman cannot be forced to endure a pregnancy against her will. Should she be more responsible and avoid pregnancy to begin with? Absolutely. But let's also don't forget rape, incest, congenital anomalies, or conditions that make pregnancy and birth more dangerous than usual (yes, pregnancy and birth are both dangerous to women).

Like it or not, abortion is truly unique. There are no comparable analogies.
Analogies that pro abortionsist do not like. However i see you did not answer me because they were legal did it make them right?

I beleive in all the education and free birth control as needed. Morning after pill is acceptable. genocide is not.

And abortion is pretty deadly to the fetus

Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Have you ever been to a PP? They got me through some tough times when I was uninsured and needed birth control to regulate my periods.
. . .

I think PP does a great service.
I went there to get my first pap smear and birth control. All I saw was preventative information plastered all over the walls in the waiting room. I was 20 years old and they provided good advice and medical care.

It's not like they kicked me out the door and said - 'come back for an abortion and have a nice day.'

Old 11-03-2009, 10:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Absolutely correct. After wrestling with this issue for many years, I remain pro-choice. Not pro-abortion as many of you will call me, but pro-CHOICE (just like Barbara Bush said she is, AFTER her husband left office of course...and let's not forget Dan Quayle, who said he was pro-life but when asked what he would do if his daughter got pregnant, and he replied, on television, "Uh, well I would support whatever she chose to do" - CHOSE = CHOICE)...
And if any of you who are pro-life have any suggestions for how to deal with "12 year olds pregnant, rape victims pregnant, victims of domestic violence, women too poor to afford cab fare; couples who ...find out their fetus had horrific birth defects" and all the other reasons one might choose abortion, please enlighten us. Unless you agree with Newt Gingrich, who famously said we ought to "put them all in orphanages"...
And as another poster mentioned, many of the pro-life people are SITUATIONALLY pro-life, meaning they will criticize and comdemn the pro-choice position unless they themslves need to make that choice...of course then it's different ...
And one more thing: If we woke up tomorrow to discover that MEN could get pregnant, this issue would quickly and quietly GO AWAY.
Y E S !!!!!!

Well spoke! And true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies