Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 10:59 PM

841 posts, read 2,261,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
George Carlin as an authority on moral issues huh?

I"m sure Satan himself is laughing quite hysterically at Carlin. But I doubt Carlin is doing any laughing at all.
LOL AT THE NOTION OF THERE BEING MORAL TRUTHS!

LOL AT THE NOTION OF A HACK LIKE YOURSELF IMPLYING THAT SOMEONE HAS MORAL AUTHORITY!

LOL AT THE NOTION OF YOU (THROUGH YOUR DOGMATIC POST) CLAIMING THAT charlatans sorry conservatives ARE THE MORAL AUTHORITY IN THE U.S.

LOL AT THE NOTION OF SATAN AND HELL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:55 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Another "So?" OP.

Abortion is legal......still is.

There are no pro-abortion people.....except for the Republicans who approved forced abortions in the sweatshops of the Mariana Islands.

For the billionth time, Abortion is legal because Norma McCovney lied about being raped which caused the SCOTUS to overstep their Constitutionally limited power and declare an entire class of people sub-human again (see Dred Scott). If the Supreme Court is correct now that a fetus in not human, Blacks are also non-human. They're either right or they're wrong.

Since everything the Nazis did was legal, and everything those who tried to stop them did was illegal (see White Rose Society), I wouldn't use abortion's legal standing as justification continuing it.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
For the billionth time, Abortion is legal because Norma McCovney lied about being raped which caused the SCOTUS to overstep their Constitutionally limited power and declare an entire class of people sub-human again (see Dred Scott). If the Supreme Court is correct now that a fetus in not human, Blacks are also non-human. They're either right or they're wrong.

Since everything the Nazis did was legal, and everything those who tried to stop them did was illegal (see White Rose Society), I wouldn't use abortion's legal standing as justification continuing it.
And for the billionth time, no! Abortion is legal because the government has NO RIGHT to get in the way of a woman and her body and her doctor.

Simple as that. It will stay that way.

Ironic how Republicans do not want UHC government health care because they are getting into our lives but have no problem whatsoever getting the government in the way of a woman and her doctor.

Blacks are also non human if the fetus is not? What are you trying to say there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones 1999 View Post
...how dare you speak from personal knowledge! The fact of the matter is that most people on here who are trying to "force" their side on others know NOTHING about this process or procedure...all they think they know are the "emotional" issues. Great post...
I know. How dare you.

Don't ever talk again if it is from personal knowledge, ok? It is invalid.

I only want to hear what you THINK. Not KNOW.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
So let me get this straight.

Because a group of islands in the south pacific has terrible working conditions, some of which require coerced abortion, and because abarmoff represented these people against implementation of US labor laws, and because Delay blocked legislation imposing US labor laws on these people WHO DIDN'T WANT IT way back in 2005, now suddenly...

The entire Republican Party supports forced abortions?

Is this how you use logic? Really?

Secondly... yeah, nice article. Its a transcript of 1 persons personal account, and two or three one-line sound bites. You do realize that Delay and many republicans opposed the move to bring them under the umbrella of US labor laws because of its republican representation and confusion of why Somoa wasn't addressed for labor laws as it is democratic represented.

But never mind that, it just doesn't allow you to label republicans has pro-abortion by force.

Dishonesty and partisan hacking at best.
Google "forced abortions Mariana Island " and you will get MANY MANY articles about the Republican support for forced abortions there....how others tried to stop it and a republican congress stopped reform.

It show the total hypocrisy of the repubs....their belief:

"Abortion is a tool to use to get elected by people TOO STUPID to know we have never done anything about it.....AND we APPPLAUD forced abortions in the name of OUR GOD, PROFIT!"

Remember "PROFIT" to Repugs is more important than anything.....and bigger profits are made through sweatshops using women not only as workers but forcing them into the sex trade and then FORCING them to have abortions.

Another example of repubs soooooo worried about a fetus but not giving a damn about the LIVING .

Old 11-03-2009, 06:49 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Heh you know what I mean. Though the better way of putting it would be she did not prevent herself from getting pregnant, (with the exception of rape of course)
Right, because god knows we shouldn't expect a man to be the responsible party when it comes to birth control.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:06 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Regardless of whether it's illegal or not, it will still go on. Would you rather women die from unsterilized instruments and uncertified 'doctors' doing the procedure in an unsafe environment? I'm sure the women 'get what they deserve', right?

You're not changing my mind. I wish the prolife and prochoice people could get together and agree that there MUST be a way to educate and prevent unwanted pregnancies that will result in abortion..but many don't even want that. How do you feel about birth control? Masturbation? Morning after pill?
it was legal to exterminate Jews in Germany. Slavery was legal in America. Does the fact it is legal make it right?
You also will not change my mind about this genocide.

i think Birth control should be free. Not getting pregant with masturbation. I'm fine with the he morning after pill

Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Every woman has the right not to be pregnant. You may not compel any woman to bear a child against her wishes. Period. It is indeed your programs of compulsory childbirth that fall so far short of any decent sense of morality...
Every woman has the right not to have sex.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Translation: Run away!!!

I believe all life is precious...
-- <sonrise>

Apparently not. By the way, how does some tiny clump of cells qualify as "innocent"? Wouldn't that be some sort of violation of the Doctrine of Original Sin? In more rational terms, innocence is actually at one end of a spectrum, at the other end of which is guilt. Earning either of these ratings requires that one have an ability to discern right from wrong and to consciously direct ones actions toward one or the other. Tiny clumps of cells have no capacities in this area whatsoever. None.

You will grasp at any straw you can to support the killing of an unborn child. Whether that's because you enjoy the idea of abortion, or just like to go against any conservative belief, we'll never know.

If a polyp were the natural form of a child when first conceived, then yes, we'd be against removing that polyp. A fetus IS a child. It's a child at its earliest form and will not develop into anything other than a child. This is what human life is at it's earliest form. It's a fetus. That fetus isn't a polyp. It's not a parasite. It's a child. That's basic science and nothing you say will change that.

You're welcome to your beliefs, but with every single post, you appear more and more desperate to support abortion based only on the fact that it's something that the conservative Christian movement is against.

That's a good reason to support ending a life, I guess.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,363 times
It is awful but they will do anything to protect their sexual revolution, even murder. What a crime it is to provide a euphemism for murder as a choice.

When they say Americans are providing aid to foreign countries this is what the third world countries get, soulless bastards spreading degeneracy among the people and then providing the murder that kills the fruit of degeneracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Something every pro-abortion advocate should be forced to watch.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/11/planned-parenthood-leader-resigns-after-watching-abortion-ultrasound/ - broken link)
Planned Parenthood Director Leaves, Has Change of Heart

Watching something like that must leave a horrific, indelible image in your mind.

I can imagine her change of heart - who could continue to support the practice after watching a living, breathing, human baby torn to shreds?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Right, because god knows we shouldn't expect a man to be the responsible party when it comes to birth control.
Men should indeed be responsible, but at the same time women are the ones who are able to become pregnant and women are the ones who have to deal with it, fair or not. That is why men do not and should not have a say in whether or not a woman can get an abortion. The woman is equally responsible for what happend and bears a disportionate share of the results and as such there is or should be more of a pressure to be responsible on their part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies