Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 12:25 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
You will grasp at any straw you can to support the killing of an unborn child. Whether that's because you enjoy the idea of abortion, or just like to go against any conservative belief, we'll never know. If a polyp were the natural form of a child when first conceived, then yes, we'd be against removing that polyp.
You are changing the topic. The claim was made that all life was sacred. A polyp is not just unquestionably life, but unquestionably life of human origin. Yet we remove and discard polyps every day without giving the matter a second thought. It must be that "human life" by itself is no standard for special protection.

Quote:
A fetus IS a child.
BABY

NOT A BABY

Quote:
It's a child at its earliest form and will not develop into anything other than a child. This is what human life is at it's earliest form. It's a fetus. That fetus isn't a polyp. It's not a parasite. It's a child. That's basic science and nothing you say will change that.
An acorn is not an oak tree. A pile of lumber sitting in a vacant lot covered by one of those garish blue tarps is not a house. Nearly 50% of pregnancies ends in spontaneous abortion. There is no guaranty of any conceptus ever becoming anything. What you count on here is potential. The same potential that any woman reaching the end of her child-bearing years with but three children will have discarded something like 17 times. Fetuses have no right to expect to be conceived and born. Those decisions are made by women...and each one for herself only.

Quote:
You're welcome to your beliefs, but with every single post, you appear more and more desperate to support abortion based only on the fact that it's something that the conservative Christian movement is against. That's a good reason to support ending a life, I guess.
You don't have any case at all that is not based upon religion, and you may not in this country impose your religious beliefs on others through law. If you can come up with pertinent non-magical, non-mystical, more-than-emotional arguments, those are apt to be listened to. But you cannot...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Keep in mind that MANY woman, who also live in the "real world" strongly oppose abortion.
So?

Maybe SOME do but most anti-woman, anti-choice womEn are NOT aware of what happens in the real world....they don't even have a clue about WHO gets an abortion. Lots of christian women, married women,....

Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So?

Maybe SOME do but most anti-woman, anti-choice womEn are NOT aware of what happens in the real world....they don't even have a clue about WHO gets an abortion. Lots of christian women, married women,....
Jane Roe had a clue and she changed her mind

Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
So?

To the contrary - most woman who oppose abortion are very aware of real world - are very educated - very involved.

Did you know that the founder of the "Right to Life" organization was a woman? A Physican? A VERY smart individual?

Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
To the contrary - most woman who oppose abortion are very aware of real world - are very educated - very involved.

Did you know that the founder of the "Right to Life" organization was a woman? A Physican? A VERY smart individual?
OK, Greatday, here ya go on your usual "Let's meander all over the place because I have no good argument" posts....

I never said , and YOU know I never said, they were stupid...I never said they weren't women...but YOU said I did , I didn't.

So far lie upon lie.

Anti-choice is Anti-women....period. My opinion.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:

Isn't it amazing how even EXTREMELY intelligent people can have differing opinions on things?

It's almost as if we're human...

Old 11-03-2009, 12:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Anti-choice is Anti-women....period. My opinion.
Pro-Life is NOT "Anti-Woman" .... Period. My Opinion.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is far too much logic for the liberal left to comprehend. Notice not a single liberal has provided a rebuttal. Why? Because it makes too much sense, and it shows just how falacious their arguments against pro-lifers' can be. A liberal can't be a liberal if there's not a victim to parade around (ie. those poor unfortunate creatures they call women, who were given the inglorious burden of pro-creation ). Thank you for providing sanity to the pro-life argument.
I am one of those "liberals" by the way...or so some would call me.

I am a pro-life Democrat (a fairly rare creature?)

And I truly wish that more people would fight as hard for those things that would help to prevent the need for abortions (unwanted pregnancies) as they actually fight for the right to abortion.

In many cases, but not all, the need for an abortion is the last link in a sad chain of events in a woman's/girl's life. Why not focus energy and attention on what lead a woman/girl to need an abortion?

How is it Anti-Woman to want to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place? Why is the right to end the life of a child the defining factor of true womanhood?

Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Where have you been for the past 206 years?
The Supreme Court has no constitutional authority to legislate, yet they do (Marbury v. Madison).
Does the judiciary have any role at all? You are aware that very few laws can be written with such specificity as to preclude there arising multiple interpretations of such law or one of its provisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And for the billionth time it can't be her body if it has different DNA, and it definitely cannot be male. It's not her body. It's someone else's body and that someone has the right to live.
Whose body is a transplanted kidney part of? Does it belong still to the donor, or if it should fail in turn, may the recipient of his or her own volition choose to discard it and seek another? You aren't going to get anywhere with DNA arguments. Neither will you by simply claiming that things have a right to life. Something more than your personal say-so would be called for...

Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,713,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
LOL AT THE NOTION OF THERE BEING MORAL TRUTHS!

LOL AT THE NOTION OF A HACK LIKE YOURSELF IMPLYING THAT SOMEONE HAS MORAL AUTHORITY!

LOL AT THE NOTION OF YOU (THROUGH YOUR DOGMATIC POST) CLAIMING THAT charlatans sorry conservatives ARE THE MORAL AUTHORITY IN THE U.S.

LOL AT THE NOTION OF SATAN AND HELL
Pssst....your caps lock is on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies