Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: Society would be better off if women stayed out of the workplace
Strongly agree 34 12.93%
Mostly agree 22 8.37%
Neither agree nor disagree 19 7.22%
Mostly disagree 19 7.22%
Strongly disagree 169 64.26%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:41 PM

142 posts, read 205,919 times

Advertisements

I think it's already been proven to many women that lots of men these days either cannot, or are not willing to support them. So what's left for a woman to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 07:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erehs059 View Post
i think it's already been proven to many women that lots of men these days either cannot, or are not willing to support them. So what's left for a woman to do?
whatever she wants.:d

Old 11-07-2009, 07:49 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,495,169 times
I'm a single woman. Of course I have to work!! Who is going to pay my bills?

What a silly thread!!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
What a silly thread!!
You might think it's silly, but about 1/4 of the voters in the poll have said that they either mostly agree or strongly agree that society would be better off if women stayed out of the workplace.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:54 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,370,853 times
Are there enough men in the population to cover all the jobs that would mostly be done by women? If all women stayed out of the workforce and stayed home would this mean that jobs like secretaries,bank tellers,school teachers would all be done by men?

Old 11-07-2009, 08:18 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Check this out....

Women Are Overtaking Men in the U.S. -- Sphere News, Opinion and Analysis

Old 11-07-2009, 08:22 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
AUM, just who do you think kept the country running while our boys were out fighting during WWII???? LOL, just joking, I know where you're at my friend!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:37 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,934 times
I am a woman and I agree. I also run a business and do quite well.

People were happier in older times. Children weren't so crazied like they are now. Of course there are exceptions to everything, but for the most part I believe people were happier.

I am not saying that women should be made to stay at home, or that they aren't just as capable as men, but it creates a healthier family life when you can focus full time on a household.

Having to have both parents run a rat race each day just to provide a home and food, with no one dedicating much time to family life is much of our problems today. When both parents get home, they are exhausted and do what little they have to to make it to the next day.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:17 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,943,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This is where perceptions of equality fall short. My concept of being equal does not mean I aspire to be equivalent to the worst that men represent, that is just silly. People set women to a higher standard as a parent than men, and that is not fair. Men with children who enlist and spend 11 months of the year overseas are heros. Women who do the same thing are criticized "what about their children?". Why is that? The feminist movement has been blamed for every social failure in our society since the 1960's. I consider myself a feminist, and that means I make the best decisions for myself as they impact my family and myself. There is no right or wrong here, and what works for each family differs. There are major pros and major cons for each decision. I have met people I consider fabulous parents who work an 80 hour week, but the interactions they have with their children, and way they plan for and care for their children is exemplary. I have met SAHM who I consider terrible parents. The one major downside to having two working parents that I see is that people are tending to give their children more material things than is needed, instead of spending time with their kids. The only positive of the failing economy is that it is forcing people to step back a bit, and scale back. Smaller birthday parties, one gift at Christmas (gasp), going for a hike instead of going shopping. Being a good parent has nothing to do with whether you work or not, but a lot to do with priorities and common sense.
Babies don't come out of men as you feminists are sure to remind us when it comes to reproductive rights, child custody decisions, decisions rasing kids and divorce courts.

With rights come responsibilities. Don't expect to enjoy all the rights and have men bear the responsibilties for you.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
And just who would do the jobs some men consider 'too unmanly' for them to do?
Like nursing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies