Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:12 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,483 times

Advertisements

Why do some posters on City Data call themselves intelligent?????????????

Old 11-11-2009, 05:30 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,476 times
When my Sicilian sister had her twins, a girl and a boy, she asked me to help with the names.
They ended up calling the little girl "Denise" and the little boy "Denephew".

Old 11-11-2009, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Um, nobody has ever claimed that Germans are anything but white.

And since when are any of the people arguing with you "Marxists"?
There is a famous quote (true or not, I don't know) attributed to Benjamin Franklin where he says the German "newcomers" aren't White. There is a book called "How the Irish became White". There are people who dislike Whites that always trot out these examples, yet they are the very same types who try to claim that Arabs are White!!! It's laughable, their hate just shows through and through. They cannot stand Whites on the one hand and try to deny that they exist, then they turn around and claim that half the world is White!!! People who spread lies like this need to be called on it.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:12 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
O.k. Ray you are 'Caucasian,' but why do you consider yourself to be Caucasian? Is Caucasian your identity?
What else would I be? My skin is white, my eyes are blue. Given the above 5 classifications, the only one that fits is Caucasoid.

Caucasian is not my "identity." It is simply my racial classification.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:13 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longevity View Post
There is a famous quote (true or not, I don't know) attributed to Benjamin Franklin where he says the German "newcomers" aren't White. There is a book called "How the Irish became White". There are people who dislike Whites that always trot out these examples, yet they are the very same types who try to claim that Arabs are White!!! It's laughable, their hate just shows through and through. They cannot stand Whites on the one hand and try to deny that they exist, then they turn around and claim that half the world is White!!! People who spread lies like this need to be called on it.
Yeah, you are laughable, just a hoot!

Arabs are of the same race as whites! Is there some literal brick wall in your head or something? lol

Isn't that silly of you to claim greeks are white but many arabs are genetically the same as greeks? that's just a minor example.

The real truth has to do with cultural and especially religious background. This is more serious than the europeans who moved to america to escape religious persecution but it is a christian vs islam vs judaism issue. Again, the difference isn't race as much as culture and religion.

europeans (christian) tend to spurn jews (judaism) and arabs (islam) because of it.

See, if you were honest, you would have been able to let your mind go there to realize it but you have to have the ability to be honest first. lol

Old 11-11-2009, 08:19 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,059 times
Actually Sicily was colonized from the eighth century b.c. by Greeks, who displaced the earlier Phoenician settlers. The next conquerors were Carthaginians, who in turn were conquered by Romans in the third century b.c. After a succession of other rulers the island came under the control of the Normans in the 11th century a.d. and formed the nucleus of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, consisting of Sicily and southern Italy. The island continued to change hands until a later kingdom was conquered by Giuseppe Garibaldi in 1860 and became part of unified Italy.

Basicly Sicily is a mix of many different groups each being conquared by another until the 1800's. As for the race issue being Sicilian is not a race it is an ethnitcy. By defination they are caucasion for race because most consider anyone from European roots to be white. Not sure who made up that rule but that it is.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:49 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,314,645 times
Unless they're black or Asians, Italians are Caucasians. Why do people not understand the difference between race and ethnicity??

Old 11-11-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I think the OP is speaking of skin color/complexion. While most Northern Europeans have light brown or blonde hair, light eyes, and a fair complexion Italians usually have olive skin, dark hair and dark eyes. I know a fella of Italian descent and if he tans a little, he looks Mexican.
Oh, my. Looks 'Mexican'? Like a Mexican of Asian decent? A Mexican of French decent? Of Indian decent? There is no 'MEXICAN'.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
What else would I be? My skin is white, my eyes are blue. Given the above 5 classifications, the only one that fits is Caucasoid.

Caucasian is not my "identity." It is simply my racial classification.
People I know don't say they or others are 'white'. We say European, or African American, or Arabic, etc. Saying someone is 'White' to refer to a European, or 'Mexican' to refer to a Hispanic, or the N word for an African American just makes you sound really uneducated and low class. Sorry.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,192,619 times
Race does not exist biologically; invention of White Supremacy. Judging race by skull(negroid, Caucasoid, and Mongoloid) is about as unreal as Santa Claus. A bunch of outdated 19th century terms. Since we are conditioned to play this game call the "concept of Race", then by the social contruct, Siclians/Italians are considered white/Caucasion. I think the reason why Italians/Siclians and other Latin Europeans and Arabs(caucasion by census) are consider white( or Caucasion) is for political reasons so the "white race" can remain as the majority of the population in America. They weren't always consider white, at first only Anglo Saxons were socially seen as white people in America. Arabs are still socially not viewed as white people, but they are considered Caucasion on the census bureau.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 11-12-2009 at 12:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies