Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Just what does hard work have to do with obtaining vast wealth? Most of the really rich (top 1/2%) inherited or married into the money. The others won the stock market lottery or committed a huge crime like the Bernie Madoffs that have not been caught.

I would like to see the conservatives on this board apply the same reasoning they use to fight a Unified Health Care system paid for by taxation to the Military complex. I don't think I need an Imperial Army so why do I have to pay for my share? I don't need the oil company's monopoly so why do I have to support the Saudi royals? I don't benefit from the war in Afghanistan so why do I have to pay to kill villagers in a land far away?

I would benefit from a universal health care and I would not mind paying for it.
for many there is a huge relationship between hard work and money.
and that my friend is why poor AA hate korean people who run stores in poor urban areas.
see spike lee, do the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Someone PM'd me a comment that's dead-on to the OP's question:

If there were no doctors, would health care still be a "right"?

if there were no farmers would food be a right?

your question is dead on.....dead on fantasy

and ps western medice is what 130 years old?? so yes it would be.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Really you pay for my health insurance? Why does it come from my husbands check. Why does the co pay come from the money in our bank account that we worked and put there

Heck even when I didnt have surgery and broke my wrist and had surgery you mean it was your money I used to pay for that?

Well heck I thought it came from my paychecks

let me explain this for your simple mind.

if you pay lets just say 1000 a month for insurance and have a 20 responsibility. now you get cancer. well treatment, chemo etc costs you 100,000 you already paid 12000 and owe 20,000 more that leaves 68,000 for the insurance company. but see they make profits still.

point being the 68,000 came from other people who paid into the prgram and did not use it. GET IN NOW?

Old 11-12-2009, 11:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
for many there is a huge relationship between hard work and money.
and that my friend is why poor AA hate korean people who run stores in poor urban areas.
see spike lee, do the right thing.

Yeah, and tell that entire story too, about police abuse, racism against the poor AA, etc..................do the right thing, huck. I know you can.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I agree completely. Lets have a flat tax rate across the board. Someone making $1mil/year pays more in taxes (10% of $1mil is more money than 10% of $50,000).

You are also making every excuse imaginable to give someone a reason NOT to work hard. If you don't like your salary, shut up and work harder. Doctors study 80+ hours/week for years before they earn the right to make $200k per year. No one is stopping people with less money from working harder, going back to school, whatever. Make your own luck. Stop blaming the rich when most people are simply too lazy to work hard enough to become wealthy.

no one i blaming anyone. you should pay a percentage of every dollar you make. Stop putting words in my mouth. My wife is a doctor you ignorant person so i know what it takes.

Again try realizing not everyone has the same opportunities you think they do you are living in dreamland if you think opportunity is the same for all people

Old 11-12-2009, 11:13 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Why is it always the people who want government to run their lives the same ones that don't use punctuation or capitalization? If you learned from a public school system that should be your very first indicator as to how effective the government is going to be at taking care of you.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
My wife is a doctor you ignorant person so i know what it takes.
So now we know who pays the bills in THAT family...

And didn't you just get done telling us that doctors make hundreds of millions of dollars? So you're rich, right?

Last edited by Reziac; 11-12-2009 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: irresistable thoughts

Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
So... let's do away with all the wealthy people.

NOW who pays the poor people's wages??

Businesses don't magically spring from the air. They take a lot of work and investment. If you think wages will magically increase because the wealthy people vanish, you must plan to stea^H^H^H^H share that wealth without building it first.

What???????? point being everyone should pay an equal percentage of their money in taxes. why should rich people get a break?

Old 11-12-2009, 11:16 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzfan View Post
'Rights' in this country are things set forth for you in the US Constitution. You will be hard-pressed to find healthcare as a right mentioned there.
Most who use constitution and bill of rights in their argument, seem to ignore the ninth amendment. There's a reason for its inclusion.

Besides, it health care is just a privilege (like driving is), you can't really complain about it being taken away from you, can you? Then, why do opponents of public option whine and cry about rationing of health care (on false grounds or not)? Remember, it is just a privilege.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
That's what work is for. People do it to provide for the necessities of life.
If you have money to buy a WII, big screen TV, gold grill for your teeth, or a Cadillac then you have money for health care.

That's what's wrong with our society. Too many people like you think that once your born it's societies obligation to take care of you. All you need to do is show up at the party and eat the cake.

Wake up!!! Their ain't no more cake!!!

i figured race would eventually come into but it will be denied now. just wait and see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies