Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But in truth, change is slow, but change is happening. I work with a lot of black people--not just five or ten--and they are all educated professionals--mostly engineers, but also accountants and other business types. .
Black people are succeeding as individuals, but they are not currently succeeding as a WHOLE RACE.

For example, for every black person that makes it out of the ghetto and becomes a Michael Jordan/Henry Louis Gates, you have probably 1000 black men who don't. And when I say "don't," I mean, they're doing prison time, they die in the streets or they become unproductive bums with multiple kids they don't support.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Part of the privilege of being White in America is not having negative impressions about you based on how you are dressed.
When I was younger in my mid teens(60s) a cuople of us donned some denim vests and jeans, which was the dress of the time by what was considered troublemakers, and went downtown to a public event. I don't remember what the event was. None of us were troublemakers, but we dressed the part just for the fun of it. Because it was an event there were uniformed police on the sidewalks, I guess just to keep trouble from happening. The police hassled us just because of the way we were dressed. We were all white.

I learned a lesson that day regarding appearances, that has stuck with me for the rest of my life. While you shouldn't judge a person by their appearance you can damn sure bet on someone still doing just that anyway. You should dress for the way you want to be treated. You never get a second first impression.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:56 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I noticed a drastic increase in thug culture during the Bush presidency. He obviously had something to do with it.
That you Barrack?

Old 05-28-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
just was wondering why property damage is so prevelent in poor neighboorhoods? When Chicago got new, heated bus stops, the locals tore them apart, they didn't last two weeks. Why does this kind of thing occur? It makes no sense to me!

This is what happens when young males are growing up without any fathers and without any discipline to help them channel their aggression to more positive things.

Also, black people no longer police their own communities like, for example, Asians do.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:08 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I agree with this post and with the OP. Unfortunately, because race in America is such a polarizing subject, many who bring up these legit. issues will be branded a troll or racist. We do need to come together and quit focusing on the color of the folks trying to remedy these issues, unfortunately it never seems to happen. I just was wondering why property damage is so prevelent in poor neighboorhoods? When Chicago got new, heated bus stops, the locals tore them apart, they didn't last two weeks. Why does this kind of thing occur? It makes no sense to me!
If this happened then what a bunch of low lifes

Old 05-28-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
Not all black predominantly black areas are "war zones" or ghetto. Check out Lithonia/Stone Crest area in DeKalb County near Atlanta sometime. Although suburban in nature, it is predominantly black and actually really nice. Although black areas in general have a higher proportion of poverty, I think we shouldn't lose sight of the real issue, which can affect any community, which is poverty and income levels.

I have been in black neighborhoods from coast to coast and Baldwin Hills, Ca is the only black neighborhood where I would want to live.

The point is, the black areas that are affordable have the most crime, and the most expensive predominantly black areas are out of reach for the average black man.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
I think that black people in the U.S. need to have a safe space to talk about the problems in black communities, but the reason they need to have that safe space is because of white privilege and ignorant white people who forever stick their noses into other people's business, thinking they have some special insight to offer or right to be where they haven't been invited and maybe don't belong.
In case you haven't noticed, you live inside a European civilization so Europeans have every right to stick their noses in whoever is living among them.

If you don't like it, get your own language and live under your own people.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:48 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Black people are succeeding as individuals, but they are not currently succeeding as a WHOLE RACE.

For example, for every black person that makes it out of the ghetto and becomes a Michael Jordan/Henry Louis Gates, you have probably 1000 black men who don't. And when I say "don't," I mean, they're doing prison time, they die in the streets or they become unproductive bums with multiple kids they don't support.
Not true! In the past 50 years the number of Black Americans has more doubled and the number of Black Americans living below the poverty level has only increased by 10%. Also a the same time the number of Black Americans with four year college graduates or graduate degrees has increase by a multiple of six. On a percentage basis there are less low income Black Americans and more middle and upper income Black Americans than years ago.

This does not negate the fact that there are a number of poor Black Americans that are not moving ahead and have poor economic and educational opportunities. But this whole premise that Black Americans are headed for some kind of death knell is more based on media sensationalism and a lack of awareness of the changing demographics among Black Americans than anything else.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Not true! In the past 50 years the number of Black Americans has more doubled and the number of Black Americans living below the poverty level has only increased by 10%. Also a the same time the number of Black Americans with four year college graduates or graduate degrees has increase by a multiple of six.

This does not negate the fact that there are a number of poor Black Americans that are not moving ahead and have poor economic and educational opportunity. But this whole premise that Black Americans are headed for some kind of death knell is more based on media sensationalism and a lack of awareness of the changing demographics among Black Americans than anything else.
So you are saying there isn't a problem with the Black community ?
It's all media hype ?

Sorry, but statistics say otherwise.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Individually I like white people a lot. Some of my most enduring friendships are with white individuals. My fiancee is a white individual. Blacks from the Caribbean and Africa don't move to just any white country they move to the countries where whites established colonies and extended reciprocal immigration agreements post occupation. Since they left such disarray in their wake there usually wasn't much choice for working class people of the Caribbean and parts of Africa but to head to Great Britain, the U.S. or the Netherlands to name a few.

Collectively that branch of caucasians known as the Anglo Saxons just might be the most horrible race of human monsters to walk the earth
. Britain singlehandedly created Pakistan and established that conflict with India. Do I have to mention Israel/Palestine? Once Saxons invented firearms and set off round the world building empires and abandoning them thus destabilizing whole continents the world has never been the same.

Ron continues to diss his brothers in a most disloyal way. I don't know anyone who likes violence, laziness or anti-social behavior. It isn't neccessary to solicit solutions from racists because there are no solutions coming from that quarter. Or any other. There are no 'solutions'. The present sorry situation concerning a subset of black individuals is an unforgiveable, incurable, legacy of American slavery. It isn't often discussed but is true nonetheless that slaveowners sought to breed better slaves on American soil because so many died in transit and many in the raw First Generation state were intractable and unuseable. Using what knowlege of genetic inheritance existed at the time, which wasn't insignificant given that horses and other livestock had been bred to a high degree of perfection already in 1750. Slaveowners commited atrocity after atrocity breeding human beings like cattle to create a super race in physique while breeding out intelligence and will. Maybe you will look at NBA players in a different light after reading this.

You can spend the rest of your life wanting black slackers to pull their pants up and get MBA degrees but it isn't going to happen. Cowpie and other white racists can spend the rest of their lives waiting for a subset of black men to become model fathers and superior breadwinners but it isn't going to happen. Why, I should think if there was a snowballs chance in hell of a turnaround of the way these individuals conduct themselves it would have happened already. We are going to have to live with our dysfunctional black brothers and sisters the very same way high attainment WASP's live with the the reality of rednecks, trailer trash and Goth kids. Three investment firms are going to pay year end bonuses of $30 Billion to a couple dozen top performing Masters of the Universe. With a lot of humility I say to you that if I had been white, with what I have upstairs and on paper I would be earning six figures. Easy. Even Ron would be a lot higher up the food chain than where he is and might be less inclined to grouse about how he is being held back by association with thug culture. That isn't going to change anytime soon either. If 1% of Americans have more wealth than the other 99% combined it is a certainty that going forward there will be less opportunity for blacks in America rather than more.

White Anglo Saxons established this Capitalist system that pits us against one another and has us fighting over scraps while they bask in wealth so outrageous that it simply cannot be utilized.
Stop knocking your brothers, Ron. Knock the system that kept their parents down for so long that they were unable to instill the values neccessary to thrive. Stop feeling so superior, you could be a lot further and higher and would be in a different reality. White America has infused Black America with work ethic and wants to hold Blacks to the same standard but will not pay Blacks on par with White workers and will not hire Black people except under threat of sanctions from EEO bodies. By 2050 there will be 50 million more Americans . Do you think it reasonable to believe that we can grow the economy enough to employ all of them? I think we better spend the next 40 years figuring out how to get the 2 Trillion dollars parked in tax havens outside the jurisdiction of the IRS into the hands of the people of America. We don't have to fight and squabble like this over scraps. We could find much more love for one another if each of us had what we needed for ourselves.

H
Good post and I agree with most of what you said. In regards to Europeans, I have come to the conclusion (through research) that Semites/Jews have been the ones behind all the fighting and misery between nations. Also, I will have you know that whites were enslaved here in America and suffered under sometimes even worse conditions; good read the book called, White Cargo.

Bibliography:

The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews

"This book is a riveting expose of the mythical and misconceived "familial" relationship between blacks and Jews. The Historical Research Department of the Nation of Islam formulates a solid thesis based on authoritative Jewish sources to document the disproportionate involvement of Jews in the African slave trade.
"

"A very emotionless, clear and decisive portrayal of the facts regarding the Jewish role in the African slave trade. I've always believed that it was the arabs and muslims who were largely responsible for the slave trade but this book shows in astonishing and meticulous DETAIL FROM JEWISH SOURCES that the jews had a severely disproportionate role in the African Slave Trade. It certainly makes you wonder about the origin of the NAACP and the jewish role in the civil rights movement. I would recommend this to anyone who can stomach a non-stop barrage of factual references without any "victim" bias."

"The only way you can truly understand this book is by correlating some of the passages with the Talmud especially the passages that deals with slavery. Jews are commended to enslave blacks and cheat them by any means necessary. the Talmud is replete with such commands.

The citations in this book relying primarily and only on jewish sources make this book a real depiction of jews' trans-atlantic slave trade and the monopoly they enjoyed in the americas over this evil trade. This book should be at the basis on how african americans and blacks in general need to go by in demanding reparations from jewish businesses and Israel itself since it was jews who benefited largely from slavery."

Amazon.com: The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews (9780963687708): Historical Research Department of the Nation of Islam: Books

Who Brought the Slaves to America?

Who Brought the Slaves to America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies