Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 10:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
To me Liberals have no direction or purpose but to rile those who know what is just, fair, and moral.
Statements like this are part of the problem, not part of the solution. To imply that an entire group of people that you (plural here, not addressed individually to you mary54mi) have selected out have no direction, purpose, sense of justice fairness or morality is just plain wrong.

It seems like some posters come on here to "lecture" the other side. Some of the assumptions they make about who is "iberal" are actually hilarious to those of us so labeled.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:21 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,082,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Why do so called "tolerant" liberals hate so many different people?

They hate people who work
They hate people who are religious
They hate minorites (except criminal minorities)
They hate people from the South and Midwest
They hate traditional families
They hate white people
They hate everyone with an inkling of a differing opinion on any issue
They hate babies (pro abortion)

So what are the reasons for such hatred by this group that identifies itself as caring about others and love and peace?
Okay Troll, this sounds fun.

1: We don't hate people who work, just people who make more than us.
2: We only hate those who are religious and feel the need to force feed their religion. Like a smoker who quits then goes on preaching how everyone should quit smoking - they're the ones who end up falling off the wagon. So we figure, why listen to them?
3: Most minorities tend to be liberal...
4: We don't hate everyone from the South and Midwest, just those who can't talk about anything other than football.
5: We don't hate traditional families, we just don't think 'traditional family' should have a legal definition.
6: See #1
7: We don't hate differing opinions, we hate buzz-words and slogans that are lifted from obnoxious pundits and ignorant politicians.
8: We don't hate all babies, just yours.

Caring for others? Love and peace? That was the 60's. We'd be happy with keeping our society out of the dark ages.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:44 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
So you agree with the other 99% of what I said?
Absolutely, positively 1000% NO. I laughed soooooo hard, I spat my java all over my keyboard/expensive monitor on my pc, and it's taken hours (literally) to dry it out.
Thanks for the good laugh, I owe you one.
Happy holidays to you and family (if any).
PEACE brother/sister
Attached Thumbnails
Why do Liberals hate so many people?-peace.gif  

Old 11-27-2009, 03:50 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Here's a post that exemplifies depravity.
So I guess this means you do not agree with a snip their little liberal weenies campaign? Then how about a tax and spend snip their litttle liberal weenies campaign? My theme song would be a variation on John Lennons Imagine. Imagine theres no liberals.....it isn't hard to do..no tax and spenders... no freakazoid zoo...
Feel free to add a verse Lady C.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,015,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
So I guess this means you do not agree with a snip their little liberal weenies campaign? Then how about a tax and spend snip their litttle liberal weenies campaign? My theme song would be a variation on John Lennons Imagine. Imagine theres no liberals.....it isn't hard to do..no tax and spenders... no freakazoid zoo...
Feel free to add a verse Lady C.
Have a weinerscnitzel

Old 11-27-2009, 04:47 PM

27 posts, read 48,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
So do you also hate Muslim extremists who want to exterminate all non-Muslims? They are racist in a way right? They are targetting almost the whole world.

It's not helpful to hate anyone. You can disapprove of their actions and attitudes. But hating them is the same as them hating you. How are you different from them then?

What are you talking about?

Old 11-27-2009, 07:23 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,931 times
Quote:
You did not debunk anything. You didn't prove anything to the contrary. Epic fail by you. This thread made me smile as I proved that Liberals are indeed hateful and angry
Excuse me? LOL

You "proved" nothing.

Except, perhaps, that you are not terribly intelligent and that you like to troll

Old 11-27-2009, 07:36 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
1: We don't hate people who work, just people who make more than us.
Were you being serious here ? Why would anyone hate someone who works hard, gets an education and earns a decent income that might be more than you ?

Please help me understand so I don't say something stupid like all liberals hate people who have a good income.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:21 PM

839 posts, read 982,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Were you being serious here ? Why would anyone hate someone who works hard, gets an education and earns a decent income that might be more than you ?

Please help me understand so I don't say something stupid like all liberals hate people who have a good income.
I haven't read much of this thread so if some of what I'm about to say has been said, I apologize. However, as a liberal I do what to clarify a bit in regards to this statement. Of course, in the spirit of emphasizing the fact that generalizing about liberals (or conservatives) is overly reductionist and simplistic, I want to stress that these are my own views and other liberals may, and most certainly do, feel quite differently.

I have no problem with people who have worked hard and gotten an education making a good income. I myself hope that the considerable amount of time I've spent getting an education allows me to earn a good wage one day (though my enormous debt resulting from student loans won't help...).

What I do have a problem with is a system in which some people who work just as hard as anyone else get paid considerably less than others. I have moral issues with a system in which people who are doing things that cause a net harm to society may be getting paid 6-figure incomes while someone who works long-hours as a teacher in an impoverished school district or who works 60 hour weeks at a diner to take care of their kids barely make enough to make ends meet.

It bothers me that someone can become filthy rich from, for example, making advertisements for ethically-challenged corporations while people are homeless and starving. It bothers me that CEOs of major corporations that have helped bring down our economy are literally making tens of millions of dollars. Those CEOs aren't working hard enough in relation to the single mother of three at the local diner to justify their over-inflated salaries. Paris Hilton certainly hasn't worked hard enough to earn the life of luxury she has, your local homeless Vietnam vet certainly hasn't done anything to justify his poverty.

The problem is that wages are not accorded to people based on how hard they work, wages are not allocated according to how much someone benefits society. There are people who work incredibly hard every day without ever managing to 'catch up.' Unfortunately, one's life opportunities, one's 'starting circumstances' can heavily stack the deck in or against their favor. Despite the rhetoric, ours is not a strictly-merit based society. A person who grows up in dire poverty, with a single parent, living in the projects surrounded by crime is going to have a LOT harder time doing something good with their life than is a person who grows up to a nice two-parent middle class family in the suburbs. It's not fair and I think it's morally problematic at best.

If we lived in a society where everyone actually did have equal opportunities I'd be more comfortable with the state of things. If we lived in a society where people were paid strictly according to how beneficial their work was to society and how hard they worked I'd be more comfortable. Unfortunately we don't.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:31 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,942 times
Quote:
Why do so called "tolerant" liberals hate so many different people?

They hate people who work (most self identified liberals make more than the average American)
They hate people who are religious (the majority of liberals are religious)
They hate minorites (except criminal minorities) (liberals pushed for affirmative action and headed the civil rights movement)
They hate people from the South and Midwest (Austin, Athens, Ashville not only start with "A" but also all southern liberal cities)
They hate traditional families (most have families)
They hate white people (most are white)
They hate everyone with an inkling of a differing opinion on any issue (some do, some don't...just like all humans)
They hate babies (pro abortion) (pro-abortion doesn't equate to "hating babies")

So what are the reasons for such hatred by this group that identifies itself as caring about others and love and peace?
There are good things about liberalism as there are good things about conservatism. I like capitalism and small business (conservative traits), but feel the need for social equality (liberal trait). It should not be about bashing liberals or conservatives, but rather finding the best ideas and sticking with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies