Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 06:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgWqz95JDcU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 06:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-4ZgxosiKY&feature=fvw

Old 12-01-2009, 07:46 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yea, and Obama sat and listened to Rev Wright preach his racist garbage for 20 years.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:23 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,304,370 times
Every interview she gives is like watching a trainwreck unfold.

She played a HUGE role in undermining the Republican's performance in the election - why on earth would anybody think she would be a "better President" than someone who clearly outstrips her in intelligence and credibility to an embarrassing degree?

The voters made their opinions of her clear in November 2008 - I can't see how quitting her job to pimp her book for her personal gain will endear her any further.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Good Evening,

Yet another interesting Post on the seemingly popular yet extremely controversial "Woman Called Palin" !

There is a lot of merit to what ( Wellness ) provides for us in his most enthusiastic post subject matter ..... and yet there appears to be so much more about Palin that deserves our attention.

Perhaps Palin's biggest "Political Blunder" for those of us whom closely follow the American political "Three Ring Circus" ..... would be the fact that this lady resigned from her extremely important office as Govenor of the great state of Alaska for perhaps no understandable reason !

Of course it was her decision and she had the right to do so, no argument there ! But as we further consider this one particular resignation decision made by Palin it does logically cast a slight shadow of doubt in some of our minds about her perhaps... lack of "Dedication, and or "Reliability" in regards to attempting a campaign for any other high profile political office !

May we of a certainty aspire to the "Highest Possible Hope" that located somewhere within this "Great American Nation" .....there is a dynamic, resolute, intelligent and patriotic man or woman with the necessary leadership abilities to run for President of the United States next time around !

There absolutely must be ..... without a shadow of a doubt a better choices than a Palin or an Obama ! Please ! These two folks are simply in no wise the answer to this nations "Presidential Dilema" nor it's "Unprecedented National or Global Problems" !

Palin is very popular and possesses a certain charm ..... not bad to look at either ! But as we are all well aware ... the same may be said for popular movie stars ! Electing the next " President Of The People Of The United States Of America" should be based on "Who's Most Qualified" and not Who's Most Popular" ! Unfortunately the American People have learned the above tragic lesson the "Hard Way" from our most recent Presidential Election of the extremely inexperienced and ineffective current occupant of the White House !

"Palin for President"..... I think not ! "Obama for Another Term" ..... Let's hope not ! Huckabeeeeeeeeeeee for President ! ..... ??????????

{Wellness} ..... I somehow don't believe you were just kidding about "Palin for President !

Thank You / Lamar
Never happen, the reason is because if we find someone that actually fits the bill they will be too smart to want to be President
Casper

Old 12-01-2009, 10:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
C in D - Excellent point. Anyone qualified to do the job is smart enough to not want it. Maybe it should pay more like 50% more then the top paid financial swindler on Wall Street? Or the highest paid defense executive? This would certainly attract people that have the experience to lead the criminally corrupt US economy.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,267,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Seriously? So this is what this country has sunk to according to the right....that being educated is wrong. Especially if you're educated at Harvard. Wow, if that's the byline that they're going to use for their party, more power to ya. LOL, I'm speechless, really. Baffled that it is now considered elitist to have an education, it's considered wrong to go to school. WTF has happened to those people?? This is what you came up with?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:19 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,661 times
Palin is not a stupid woman, just not a very eloquent speaker and is sometimes horrible at interviews.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:34 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
But Palin is getting "inspection" that no Democrats ever get. Can you name any Democrats who have come under such an "inspection"? They even "dumpster dived" to find dirt. They attacked and ridiculed her family. I don't remember any Democrat ever being subjected to anything like Palin has been subjected to.
You have a very selective memory. I can think of many: Gary Hart, John Kerry, The Clintons, The Kennedys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
There you go again! Of course she knew the term of office! But the "oath" contains no such "promise" (as far as I know) to remain for the full term. Circumstances change.

I think, under the circumstances, she did what was fair to Alaska. And that is exactly what she said. Her loyalty was to Alaskans.

Palin is an incredibly smart and savy politician. She knows what drives an economy (unlike Obama), and she understands economics. Obama does not.
Palin does what is good for Palin. I don't believe that even her children really factor into her decision-making process, except as props.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:41 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
The 19th century American writer Henry Adams said the descent of American presidents from George Washington to Ulysses S. Grant was enough to discredit the theory of evolution. The same could be said of the pantheon of conservative political heroes, which in the last half-century has gone from Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan to Sarah Palin. That refutation may be agreeable to Palin, who doesn't put much stock in Darwin anyway.

You can confirm all this by looking at what the three wrote. Goldwater, the 1964 Republican presidential nominee, made his reputation four years earlier with an eloquent and intellectually coherent volume, "The Conscience of a Conservative," which laid out a blueprint for the policies he favored.

Reagan likewise made the thinking person's case for conservatism. Between 1975 and 1979, after he had finished two terms as governor of California, he did some 1,000 radio commentaries, most of which he wrote himself. They were later collected in "Reagan, In His Own Hand," which provides the texts of his handwritten manuscripts and proves that, far from being the "amiable dunce" of liberal mythology, he thought hard and clearly about the issues of his time.

Palin? Her new memoir, "Going Rogue," fills up 413 pages, but it has less policy heft than a student council speech. Where Reagan dived into the murk of arms control and Goldwater fathomed federal farm programs, Palin skims over the surface of a puddle.

Amid all the tales of savoring the aromas at the state fair and having her wardrobe vetted by snotty campaign staffers, she sets aside space to lay out her vision of what it means to be a "Commonsense Conservative." It takes up all of 11 pages and leans heavily on prefabricated lines like "I am a conservative because I deal with the world as it is" and "If you want real job growth, cut capital gains taxes."

But the priorities of "Going Rogue" are striking poses and attitudes, not making actual arguments about the proper role of government. The book is meant to create an image, or maybe a brand -- folksy but shrewd, tough but feminine, noble but beset by weaklings and traitors, ever-smiling unless you awaken her inner "Mama Grizzly Bear" by scrutinizing her loved ones. No one could be more pleased with her than she is with herself. Reading the book is like watching Palin preen in front of a mirror for hours as she tirelessly compliments herself for courage, gumption, devotion to family and maverick independence.

Who needs policy? In her world -- and the world of legions of conservatives who revere her -- the persona is the policy. Palin is beloved because she's (supposedly) just like ordinary people, which (supposedly) gives her a profound understanding of their needs.

Sarah Palin and the conservative descent -- chicagotribune.com
Excellent points. It is astounding to me that we have fallen so far in so short a time. While I may not have agreed with everything Goldwater and Reagan advocated, I did respect the thoughtfulness of their arguments and their curious minds. No such curiousness exists in the mind of Sarah Palin, unless it is curiousness about the quality of Jimmy Choo vs. Via Spiga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies