Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 04:42 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a military man does not refuse an order, certainly not on something as stupid as a rumor based on peoples fears of having a black POTUS. I also doubt that there are "millions" of birthers. thousands perhaps, but not millions. I could have more respect for this man had he waited until after his service to join the ranks of the uninformed.
The German military did not refuse orders when they placed Jews in ovens.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:46 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The German military did not refuse orders when they placed Jews in ovens.

please stay on topic. you can't defend the man who refused to do a duty he swore an oath to uphold so you bring in the german army from WW2 you are trying to defend him with a nonsense. besides this soldier was never ordered to exterminate people. get a grip

Old 05-20-2010, 04:47 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
a military man does not refuse an order, certainly not on something as stupid as a rumor based on peoples fears of having a black POTUS. I also doubt that there are "millions" of birthers. thousands perhaps, but not millions. I could have more respect for this man had he waited until after his service to join the ranks of the uninformed.
In your opinion, not mine or the millions of Birthers.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
In your opinion, not mine or the millions of Birthers.

so you think it is ok for a military man to not follow orders?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Let's try a little though rather than these flailing emotional outbursts. He's a flight surgeon. That mean he will often be assigned to helicopter operations. The guys flying the missions are engaged in combat. They fly back to secure bases and he cares for them. He's attached to a combat group. The soldiers are exposed to danger. He's exposed to hangnails.
They thought he was a good guy. They gave him a bronze star. There's no record of actual combat duty.

You've already admitted that you didn't serve and have no idea. Doctors are promoted based upon longevity. If they stay in the service, they get promoted.
He was in the 3/4 Cav. They have tanks, infantry vehicles and helicopters. Ltc Lakin's medical treatment to wounded soldiers would not be limited to the helicopter unit.

The 3/4 Cav would have an A, B, C and D troop, plus the HHT. D troop is the helicopter unit. A B and C troops are the ground combat personnel.

LTC Lakin is responsible for the treatment of all soldiers in the Squadron.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I think that any man can do as he pleases with repercussions. As of right now no one knows exactly what those may be if any until a court martial is held and a verdict is rendered. I still think it does not happen but I have been wrong before.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Officers have a different oath than the enlisted man. Officers defend the Constitution.

Ltc Lakin is defending the Constitution.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I think that any man can do as he pleases with repercussions. As of right now no one knows exactly what those may be if any until a court martial is held and a verdict is rendered. I still think it does not happen but I have been wrong before.
of course any man can do as they want but that does not answer the question. do you think it is ok for a military man to not follow orders?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
We do not know Dude's combat record based on the information provided. He may have been in combat.
No...he said he served his entire career during peacetime implying he never saw combat. Historian Dude, "I left the service as a Captain, and served my entire career in peacetime, and Lakin's Bronze Star is the only decoration he wears that I do not... "

If he has seen action then lets here it and I will apologize.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Ltc Lakin treated wounded soldiers, while the unit was engaged in active ground combat.

It is safe to say..Ltc Lakin treated wounded soldiers while under enemy fire.
No. It is not. That's what they have medics for. Flight surgeons do not forward deploy with combat units.

Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe
Ltc Lakin was assigned to the 3/4 Cav when he received the Combat Medical Badge.
Yes he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe
Ltc Lakin made the promotion list to Colonel....this is not an easy task.
Well... almost.

It's not an easy task for a combat officer. For a military doctor, though, it's almost automatic.

That said, too bad he will never see the actual promotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies