Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I guess that you missed my post and link above

Both of our posts were at 3:08; unlike some, I'm not equipped with psychic powers, so didn't see your post while it was being composed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 01:45 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Instead of feeling grateful about surviving the incident in Hawaii, he goes on a mission to talk people out of helping those who are in need in Haiti.
He didn't say that. Haven't you realized that yet?

Old 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Rush is a disgusting, greedy, drug-addicted, fat Pied Piper happily leading his stupid listeners straight into the abyss of hell
Your opinion based on myths and falsehoods.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:01 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Your opinion based on myths and falsehoods.
Your denial is based on what? Where's the "myth"?

Old 01-15-2010, 02:03 PM

743 posts, read 2,068,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
He didn't say that. Haven't you realized that yet?
He said "Don't donate". Donation is a form of help. To others, it is a form of taxation. Regardless of his choice of words, Rush's message is very clear: don't help Haiti victims with your money.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your denial is based on what? Where's the "myth"?
Myths: Fat (He is not fat).
Opinions: "Greedy," "Disgusting," "stupid listeners."
Untruths: drug-addicted.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
He said "Don't donate". Donation is a form of help. To others, it is a form of taxation. Regardless of his choice of words, Rush's message is very clear: don't help Haiti victims with your money.
That is not true. I listened to his actual show when it aired. He said government money should not be sent to Haiti, rather, private donations should be sent because more of that will actually go where it's needed.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:35 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
What did Rush say prior to this that provoked the phone call?
Obama Leaps into Action on Haiti
Quote:
RUSH: Yes, I think in the Haiti earthquake, ladies and gentlemen -- in the words of Rahm Emanuel -- we have another crisis simply too good to waste. This will play right into Obama's hands. He's humanitarian, compassionate. They'll use this to burnish their, shall we say, "credibility" with the black community -- in the both light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country. It's made-to-order for them. That's why he couldn't wait to get out there, could not wait to get out there.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:51 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Below is the exchange in question.

BTW: I would point out the if you actually went to whitehouse.gov, you would find several links to sites external to the White House where you could donate. Therefore the neither the White House or Obama would have any control of your information or the money you donated. One of the links was to the Red Cross. Yes you can go there directly.

Obama Leaps into Action on Haiti

Quote:
RUSH: We're going to start in Raleigh, North Carolina. Justin you're first today. Great to have you with us.

CALLER: Mega Rush Baby dittos. My question is, why did Obama in the sound bite you played earlier, when he's talking about if you wanted to donate some money, you can go to WhiteHouse.gov --

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: -- to direct you how to do so. If I want to donate money to the Red Cross, why do I need to go to the WhiteHouse.gov page and --

RUSH: Exactly. Would you trust that the money is going to go to Haiti?

CALLER: No.

RUSH: Would you trust that your name is going to end up on a mailing list for the Obama people to start asking you for campaign donations for him and other causes.

CALLER: Absolutely.

RUSH: Absolutely right.

CALLER: That's the point.

RUSH: Besides, we've already donated to Haiti. It's called the US income tax.

CALLER: Rush, my mother was going to be on a missionary trip. She was going to leave at 4:30 this morning to go to Haiti with our church.

RUSH: That's another point, too. Churches --

CALLER: No government money, Rush.

RUSH: Exactly right. Look, there are people that do charitable work every day in Haiti. It's not as though -- like Debbie Wasserman Schultz, it's our fault. Reverend Wright, it's our fault, there's no excuse for such poverty when there's a nation as rich as we are so close. There are people that have been trying to save Haiti just as we're trying to save Africa. You just can't keep throwing money at it because the dictatorships there just take it all. They don't spread it around, and even if they did they're not creating a permanent system where people can provide for themselves. It's a simple matter of self-reliance. Nobody takes that approach down there because this has always been a country run by dictators and incompetent ones at that.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:54 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
RUSH: No, I’m not evading it at all. If I said it I meant to say it, and I do believe that everything is political to this president. Everything this president sees is a political opportunity, including Haiti, and he will use it to burnish his credentials with minorities in this country and around the world, and to accuse Republicans of having no compassion.

RUSH: No, no, no, no, no. I’m not implying that. … What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a blockhead. What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a closed-minded bigot who is ill-informed. … And if you had listened to this program for a modicum of time you would know it. But instead you’re a blockhead. You’re mind is totally closed. You have tampons in your ears. Nothing is getting through other than the biased crap that you read.

RUSH: No, it’s not “whether or not.” That matters. I mean you call here and ask, “Where do I get off suggesting that we don’t donate to Haiti because we do in the income tax?” and I tell you I said that, but I also said private donations are going to be much better than a government donation. They’re all going. Go to the Red Cross, do other things. Don’t go through the government. It’s just going to go through hands and bureaucracies and a dollar is going to end up being 30 cents by the time they get through with it. I did not say, “Don’t make donations.” That’s not a “whether or not” thing. That’s why you called.

RUSH: And then I proceeded to suggest that Obama is going to be giving aid to both light-skinned and dark-skinned Negroes in Haiti, just designed to get the reaction I got — and it worked. The people that listen to this program laugh and chuckle every day at this stuff, because we’re just needling the media. They talk about me all the time and I can create it any time I want. It’s made you mad, and you believe things they take out of context that don’t completely say what I fully said, and you get mad.

Anyone that takes anything Limbaugh says seriously is
either part of the game (which I believe All Media Is) or you don't know the game is being played. He's laughing all the way to the bank and he is a PIG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies