Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2010, 06:57 PM
 
3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Reputation: 822

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Look at Albert Einstein, if you want to see what high IQ gets you.

The guy was a basket case. Lived like a slob, and was a pack rat, just to name a few, but he was "smart"
Someone just seriously bagged on Albert Einstein because he was a genius. That's awesome, this post is awesome.

 
Old 01-29-2010, 07:11 PM
 
1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Reputation: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Well, this certainly makes sense. A conservative is someone who fears change, who hitches his fortune onto the status quo (whatever that is). That's probably because he doesn't have the intellectual capacity to imagine alternatives and to debate these alternatives and follow these alternatives to their logical conclusions in his mind. That's too much work to do. Hence, the path of least resistance - the default position - for him is to embrace the status quo.
Spoken like a true liberal, "If you don't agree with ME, you must be stupid". No regard or respect for anything other than what THEY want. Pathetic.

The liberal party is the party of "compassion" and "understanding" and "intelligence". When it comes to what? Illegals and the rest of the liberal agenda?

How hard is it to understand, with the high IQ that liberals supposedly have, that bull**** is bull****, and the liberal party is FULL of bull****?

Perhaps the conservatives have life experience and common sense...instead of some huge "imagination" funded by conservative tax payer $$.
 
Old 01-29-2010, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Reputation: 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That sounds more Progressive than anything Conservative.

I think someone has switched labels to make someone else look bad, so the finger won't point back at them.
Thats why I said Christian conservative. Pat Robertson is just one example of this type of person.
 
Old 01-29-2010, 07:26 PM
 
3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Reputation: 1671
Statistics show that people with user names like joejitsu have a sub-70 I.Q.
 
Old 01-29-2010, 07:31 PM
 
4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Spoken like a true liberal, "If you don't agree with ME, you must be stupid". No regard or respect for anything other than what THEY want. Pathetic.

The liberal party is the party of "compassion" and "understanding" and "intelligence". When it comes to what? Illegals and the rest of the liberal agenda?

How hard is it to understand, with the high IQ that liberals supposedly have, that bull**** is bull****, and the liberal party is FULL of bull****?

Perhaps the conservatives have life experience and common sense...instead of some huge "imagination" funded by conservative tax payer $$.
A conservative is someone who puts a high value on tradition, who holds authority in high esteem to the point that he surrenders his own judgment and accepts that diktat of authority to guide his behavior. A person with low to mediocre intellectual abilities will find conservatism to be a soothing ideology because it eliminates the need for him to think for himself.
 
Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 PM
 
Location: OUTTA SIGHT!
3,018 posts, read 3,567,892 times
Reputation: 1899
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? — The American, A Magazine of Ideas

No real surprise here. Remember this study doesn't show that all conservatives on average have a lower IQ than liberals, but conservatives that identify themselves as social conservatives AKA Christian Taliban tend to have a much lower IQ than liberals and conservatives that are socially liberal. Explains a lot about some of the post and posters on this board.
One jaunt through these forums would've told them everything they needed to
know about teh IQ ov Freepers n' such. Yuk Yuk.
 
Old 01-29-2010, 07:36 PM
 
3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Reputation: 1671
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
A conservative is someone who puts a high value on tradition, who holds authority in high esteem to the point that he surrenders his own judgment and accepts that diktat of authority to guide his behavior. A person with low to mediocre intellectual abilities will find conservatism to be a soothing ideology because it eliminates the need for him to think for himself.
You have obviously answered the call of a billion "progressives" who call out: "Come, be unique, like the rest of us!"
 
Old 01-29-2010, 07:43 PM
 
1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Reputation: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
A conservative is someone who puts a high value on tradition, who holds authority in high esteem to the point that he surrenders his own judgment and accepts that diktat of authority to guide his behavior.
Nah, not really.

But this:
Quote:
A person with low to mediocre intellectual abilities will find conservatism to be a soothing ideology because it eliminates the need for him to think for himself.
Substitute "conservatism" for "liberalism" and you've got it coined!

I don't understand why Liberals don't understand that they are just as bad as they think conservatives are.
 
Old 01-29-2010, 10:57 PM
 
1,535 posts, read 1,634,206 times
Reputation: 385
I would rather hang with the low IQ people that can farm, run a trout line, skin a buck and pop the top off a bottle at 100 yards with a rifle, than sit around a bistro and wonder.... I think therefore I am............
 
Old 01-29-2010, 11:24 PM
 
Location: Irvine, CA to Keller, TX
4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? — The American, A Magazine of Ideas

No real surprise here. Remember this study doesn't show that all conservatives on average have a lower IQ than liberals, but conservatives that identify themselves as social conservatives AKA Christian Taliban tend to have a much lower IQ than liberals and conservatives that are socially liberal. Explains a lot about some of the post and posters on this board.
Liberal InterpretationRigging a study to make conservatives look stupid.

Interesting article.

Rigging a study to make conservatives look stupid. - By William Saletan - Slate Magazine (http://www.slate.com/id/2173965/pagenum/all/page_start - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top