Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:01 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you Barack Obama? I heard him say the very words you include in the first two paragraphs of your post today. I guess he is sure that since the news sources don't report what he is doing if he can keep people from seeing what he is doing he is relatively safe.

I also like to think that people will attempt to learn some history for themselves. I am afraid that too many won't, though.
roysoldboy ! ... Points well made ....

roy ... it's a damn good bet that so many of todays folks have yet to consider learning any actual history period ... That is unless it's the pseudo PC idiotic version of history ! It could even be considered a sure bet ! Thanks / Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 05:02 PM

871 posts, read 3,019,421 times
Glen Beck is excrement and I seriously can't withstand 2 minutes of his pap, so won't do it for you.

Who died and made Glen Beck relevent?

Old 02-03-2010, 05:04 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
I know that almost everybody here loves his country. However, I think that some here love their President more than they do their country. Those who feel that way will completely avoid what I now say as will many of those who really do love our country as much as I do.

Today you must watch at least the first half hour of Glenn Beck. Yes, if you love your leader more than your country you won't allow yourself to do such a horrible thing. However, if you really do love this nation, as I do, you will bring yourself to watch the first two segments of the show on Glenn Beck Clips 02-02-10 The first 20 minutes of the show he plays excerpts from Obama's campaign speeches, the SOTU and some other speeches and then asks you to decide whether he is even trying to carry out those promises to us. Really I hope that some of you Beck haters can watch enough of the show to find out if he told any lies. Surely you can point them out to me.

Anybody who truly loves his country may be disappointed by the fact that just like all his shows since the middle of January, Beck didn't shed one tear or even screw up like he might. He talks seriously and will not stop trying to expose what is being done to us until THEY shut him down, and that will have to happen soon or he will be shutting them down.

Hey, PATRIOTS, if you really love your country you will lower yourselves to the point that you can see what is happening to all of us.
Nice try,....I love my children more, then my country..Never loved ANY President.

I'll be waiting in anticipation for your next silly thread.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:05 PM

132 posts, read 225,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
roysoldboy ! ... Points well made ....

roy ... it's a damn good bet that so many of todays folks have yet to consider learning any actual history period ... That is unless it's the pseudo PC idiotic version of history ! It could even be considered a sure bet ! Thanks / Lamar
Is "actual" history the history you agree with personally? The history you've subjected yourself too? Who is this fanciful arbiter of "actual" history?

Did you weep for Howard Zinn? Do you agree with John Keegan's interpretation of the American Civil War? James McPherson's? Have you read Longstreets memoirs? Do you agree with his view on Gettysburg? Lee? What about the same questions in terms of other historical events? What about World War II? What about the Civil Rights movement? What history is "actual" history on Iran-Contra?

The problem with running around saying, "Well, if you read *actual* history*, is that it creates this implication where you're just going to assume anyone who doesn't agree with your worldview is stupid. And then you run into someone who is not.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:07 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,588 times
Greetings,

Some of the outstanding senior citizens way up here on the East Coast have been saying for many years that they absolutely love their country ... but simply do not trust their government period.

"Methinks there be great wisdom in those words" !!! Thanks / Lamar

Old 02-03-2010, 05:13 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
I know that almost everybody here loves his country. However, I think that some here love their President more than they do their country. Those who feel that way will completely avoid what I now say as will many of those who really do love our country as much as I do.

Today you must watch at least the first half hour of Glenn Beck. Yes, if you love your leader more than your country you won't allow yourself to do such a horrible thing. However, if you really do love this nation, as I do, you will bring yourself to watch the first two segments of the show on Glenn Beck Clips 02-02-10 The first 20 minutes of the show he plays excerpts from Obama's campaign speeches, the SOTU and some other speeches and then asks you to decide whether he is even trying to carry out those promises to us. Really I hope that some of you Beck haters can watch enough of the show to find out if he told any lies. Surely you can point them out to me.

Anybody who truly loves his country may be disappointed by the fact that just like all his shows since the middle of January, Beck didn't shed one tear or even screw up like he might. He talks seriously and will not stop trying to expose what is being done to us until THEY shut him down, and that will have to happen soon or he will be shutting them down.

Hey, PATRIOTS, if you really love your country you will lower yourselves to the point that you can see what is happening to all of us.
I will say plainly that I hate this so-called "president". He is no friend of America. In fact, Barrack H. Obama hates America. That is why he is trying to destroy it.

There is nothing this "president" is doing that is good for America.

Barrack H. Obama is an enemy of freedom, and an enemy of the Unitied States.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I love my country but I believe that Glenn Beck's hatred toward the president is much stonger than his love for the country.
I believe that Glenn Beck is a patriot, and that he knows Barrack H. Obama is not.

Can you prove Beck wrong? Doubtful. Obama is a liar. He hates Ameirca, and he hates capitalism and the free market system.

Obama wants to rob entrepreneurs of their rightfully gained wealth, and give it to those who didn't earn it.

This man is dangerous to the ideas of liberty and freedom.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Same here. I can't believe people take the words of an ENTERTAINER (because yes, that's all Beck is) to heart.

You might as well listen to Britney Spears' take on politics.
Wrong. Entirely wrong. Beck is brilliant. He knows what he is talking about, and he has consulted the experts on many topics, who confirm what he says.

He is entertaining, yes. But serious as a heart attack, and he knows what he is talking about.

If you think Glenn Beck is "just an entertainer", you are not listening to him. Therefore, your posts are just so much B.S.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I believe that Glenn Beck is a patriot, and that he knows Barrack H. Obama is not.

Can you prove Beck wrong? Doubtful. Obama is a liar. He hates Ameirca, and he hates capitalism and the free market system.

Obama wants to rob entrepreneurs of their rightfully gained wealth, and give it to those who didn't earn it.

Stormfront offline tonight? Just asking....

Old 02-03-2010, 08:00 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

I can prove that Glenn Beck is a liar and quite frankly, I'm tired of discussing his hateful *****. I have discussed his lies and provided links proving that he lies //www.city-data.com/forum/12724871-post64.html. It really wouldn't matter because to his blind followers, he can do no wrong. Again, I am talking to people who create multiple accounts online just so they can cheat in online polls to make themselves look like they are winnng at something. It is not about love of country for Glenn Beck sheep, it is about seeing Obama fail just to prove that you're right.

Glenn Beck thrives on the ignorance, fear, and hatred of his viewers. There is nothing patriotic about wanting the president to fail just to prove that you're right. Now, what can you prove that Glenn Beck is right about? I suppose he was telling the truth when he said that Obama has a "deep-seated hatred of white people" or when he made up numbers for the Tea Party rally and sited the University that he couldn't remember the name of. I suppose you can also prove that communism is a threat in the United States. I am not doubtful that you can prove it, I am positive that you can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies