Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No kidding. His constant begging to have us watch Beck is kinda....weird....

You made my night :-D Funny post

This is a post so close to perfection. I salute you brave hero!
You are quite easily pleased, lib.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I nominate THIS, as post of the day. Just reading this whole thread has still proven my point that Glenn Beck and his followers resemble nothing short of a hateful, fearful cult, where all other info is mistrusted. "Tune in to Beck!" "What he says is so important!" "He alone has the truth!" "Everyone else lies!" "The president is evil!" It's very disconcerting. Does anyone else notice this?

I'll think for myself thank you.
When do you propose to start that thinking?

Is there a chance that you will try to find the answer to my question about Woodrow Wilson? I didn't think so.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I agree. Roy is besotted with Beck.

Truer words were never spoken. I also believe the Beck's hatred is so divisive that he's become a terrible influence and bad roll model for people how like to be told what to think.

You may have studied a lot of history but you should have also taken some logic and ethics courses as well. Beck's version of 'history' is severely edited and misrepresented to suit his partisan agenda. Beck, by the way, doesn't have an ethical bone in his whole body.
You have no idea what Beck has talked about this week so it would seem to me that with all that logic you loaded up on you missed how hard it is to take somebody down when you have no idea what he has been talking about. You merely did the same old same old that the rest did here and like them you know nothing of what he said. I love it when lefties do this because it always takes away the opportunity to discuss but they will eventually get around to saying something about discussion.

Beck has spoken nothing but historical truth this week and all you logical thinkers could believe him if you had heard him. You can still see him but won't because you are afraid that you might learn something you don't want to know.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
you may really love that kool-aid but NO ONE ELSE DOES.
How do you know what the man has said this week. He has been too close to complete truth and today Obama had to offer the idea to his followers that they may be learning bad things from those news men and others on the unnamed, but intended, Fox News. He is almost reduced to begging as I am accused of doing here and soon will be there.

I think we can expect the long awaited attempt to shut up all those who don't make him out to be what I say he surely is not. It should be interesting to see how far they will go to silence Beck because he is becoming too much of a threat to THEM.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Hey roy boy, the trillion dollar question for [b]YOU [/B ]is,....................................,

Who do YOU love more Fox News or Glennie Boy?

Inquiring minds want to know?
When you find one of those inquiring minds have it communicate with me.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Roy,

I was a history major in college. I know the silly history courses that education majors took in college - bare bones necessities, U.S. History to 1877, and 1877 to Present, and similar for Western Europe. This doesn't make you a scholar on history. In fact, we all made fun of the education majors who took history classes because they usually had little idea what they were doing and couldn't put together a strong, historically-accurate thesis if their life depended on it.

Having said that, I just want to say that you've lived through nearly a half-century's more history than I have, and I do think that's worth something. I want to give you all the respect that I can because I know you have important ideas and I know you care.

BUT, Glenn Beck is NOT a historian, he's a sensationalist. Roy, you have a higher level of education than he does, and he didn't study any history. It's called cherry picking. When a person wants to win an argument (easy against most Americans, wouldn't you agree?), they simply take the historical facts that is important to their thesis and nothing else, and most people don't challenge them. You're too smart, been on this planet for too long not to see this. Beck's not all bad, and he's not even all wrong, but he's a sensationalist, not a historian. There is VERY LITTLE analytical thought going on. Do you know how I know that? Because this world (and history) isn't black and white. It's a whole lotta gray. But black and white sells, my friend.

Just keep that in mind.
Hey, I only minored in history on my bachelor's degree but took many hours during the period when I had to keep renewing my certificate all those years. I always took only those courses that would do me some good in my teaching.

I can't let out the answer to the question that I asked a while ago but I will repeat it as I am past bed time. How long had Woodrow wilson been sworn in for his second term before he violated his promise to get us into WW I?

I think that may well be a very relevant question since it was one of the real tidbits that Beck threw out today. Maybe you know that without having to look it up. I know because of the dates and Beck was very right. Yes, he didn't know that two or three weeks ago but he put out truth that he had recently learned.

I took lots of history classes where I was the only high school teacher in the class and those history majors you talk about usually felt very bad about me having to help them often. I never found one professor who thought I hadn't much of a background but many of them were surprised that a high school teacher could have the amount of knowledge that I had acquired. Nice try but I have, seriously, laughed at majors who knew so much less than they thought they knew.

My favorite laugh came at the hands of senior majors who couldn't understand how I knew so much more about the Constitutional period, the topic of the class, than they did. Of course, I had read things like Madison's notes about the Convention more than once along with other things like that and I was 50 years old while they were 21 or 22. I had to get with them the day before tests so I could get them up to speed about the subject. That professor was embarrassed at the performance of his majors.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you love your COUNTRY or your President more?

mmm, mmm, mmm, United States of America.
Great play on the words of one of the more recent indoctrination chants for children. I wanted to rep you but couldn't.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:21 AM

Well I didn't change one lefty mind today, I guess. I will keep trying until one gets mad enough to take me up on my challenges. Someone please tell the rest the answer to my question that one who watched Beck today would have known and wouldn't have to go to a search engine to find out.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:24 AM

132 posts, read 225,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I managed to kick you out of hiding, anyway. Do you not understand that reading history out of books and knowing what happened at a time in our history so that I know that the history lessons Beck has been handing out this week were 100% right makes them any less true? As long as you refuse to see what he is saying about where we have been and where it appears we are going I think you are safe. Continue to argue your left leaning arguments and lets hope that you never have to admit that I was right and you were wrong.

Beck is no longer trying to entertain. He will have to be shut up because his audience is growing and I can assure you that this week he has told people things that they didn't know but could verify if they wanted to do so.

Now some of the books you want me to read would be a waste of time for me. I am 77 and that makes my life too near the end to take up with frivolous reading of quantum physics or like that. I will just stay with what I know about history to see the US making the very mistake that Wilson forced on Great Britain during his first term in office. i know what happened and you could have but you are too good to listen to a clown who isn't being a clown now. Keep up the whine and maybe you will sway someone to thinking like a left leaning loon but it won't be me.
Kicked me out of hiding? I'm not really sure what they even means.

I don't particularly care how old you are. There is no age at which it is excusable to say, "I am too old to continue learning, but not yet old enough to refrain from teaching."

And so, because of that, I really have nothing to gain from you while you give yourself that exception.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:40 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well I didn't change one lefty mind today, I guess. I will keep trying until one gets mad enough to take me up on my challenges. Someone please tell the rest the answer to my question that one who watched Beck today would have known and wouldn't have to go to a search engine to find out.
You aren't going to change any lefties mind.

What don't you understand?I guess I am mad since I took you up on watching the Sarah Palin and Glenn thing. I told you that it is VERY VERY VERY hard to watch "news" or whatever from someone you KNOW hates your beliefs. You said you are strong in your faith? Well....would you watch Osama Bin Laden (hater of Christianity and America like Beck hates Liberals) talking about Christianity even though he has "historical facts"? Honestly. You know it is partisan. Would you watch Keith Olberman or Mike Moore on a daily basis when you know they will be biased? Seriously. I doubt it. Maybe one or two and then you will decide it is a waste of time. That is how I feel about Beck.

I took your challenge once and I dislike Beck even more. That is all your challenge did for me. It opened my eyes to how partisan and liberal hating he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies