Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 01:00 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
someon having an abortion does she prefer death for the unborn or does she prefer life?
Are you speaking of a woman who has an abortion for any reason or those folks who just want abortion kept legal? When you figure that out then you can start asking questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 01:02 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Thank you. I get it but the other things they talk about are not and have not been in danger of being taken away so the primary goal of the Pro-Choice movement is to keep abortion legal. Which is fine with me but if they are going to call the other side names they better be able to handle it back that is really all I was trying to say.

I like to place myself on the other side of issues from time to time just to make sure I am not missing anything and that I am strong in my belief and argument of something.
I get what you are saying, but for me I don't see it in isolation. If Roe v. Wade was in jeopardy then maybe. One of the major reasons the pro-choice movement faces the adversity it does is because so many people do not understand exactly what it is.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Are you speaking of a woman who has an abortion for any reason or those folks who just want abortion kept legal? When you figure that out then you can start asking questions.
There is no difference between the two if you support the use of abortion , you are a pro abortionist.
For woman who actually do have abortions its clear the prefer death for the fetus then life.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:05 PM

18,395 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
No assumptions in my statement

you really think you know what is in the mind of every pro choice person, and what they wish?

Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I get what you are saying, but for me I don't see it in isolation. If Roe v. Wade was in jeopardy then maybe. One of the major reasons the pro-choice movement faces the adversity it does is because so many people do not understand exactly what it is.
if roe versus wade was over turned it would not make abortion illegal.It would make it a states right issue. So rather that debating on one issue there would be 50 debates one for each state. the people of the state then could decide

Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
I agree. And according to at least one poster here what it is means you want death, death and more death. Period.

Ehh, IRL everyone is prochoice (they just make up their own definition). On forums people just take a stand, or use a phrase, and don't budge because they know it will get people posting. You can tell within 2-3 posts who is really thinking and who is just wasting everyones time (or is actually simpleminded)

Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you really think you know what is in the mind of every pro choice person, and what they wish?
No i claim that if you favor abortion you are pro abortion, if you were not pro abortion you would be pro life or anti choice whichever term you desire

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Quote:
woman who have abortions do not look to see the mental and physical damge that can me done to themselves.
Abortion at times can kill the unborn and destroy the mother.

I agree it can be a devastating thing to go through but if you go back and read this thread I posted my story with abortion and why I do support it in the early stages.

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Sorry about the source, but is the most concise definition I could find:

"Pro-choice describes the political and ethical view that a woman should have control over her fertility, and the choice to continue or terminate a pregnancy. This entails the guarantee of reproductive rights, which includes access to sexual education; access to safe and legal abortion, contraception and fertility treatments; and legal protection from forced abortions (should also say forced pregnancy IMO). Individuals and organizations who support these positions make up the pro-choice movement."

Pro-choice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
First line says it all. Pro choice is about the right of a woman to terminate pregnancy.
terminate pregnancy is abortion
if you are pro choice you are for abortion
If you are for abortion you are pro abortion
OK, so humor me here for a second. You have responded to the first sentence, now would you mind responding to the rest, and if possible without using the term pro-abortion.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:08 PM

18,395 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
No i claim that if you favor abortion you are pro abortion, if you were not pro abortion you would be pro life or anti choice whichever term you desire

talk about avoiding the question. nice side step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies