Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:30 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I sleep on 600 count...not available at Wally-World. Between 8-11pm is the best time to pick up easy dates at Wal-Mart.
Too soft and rich for me. Keep in mind I served 8 years in the navy sleeping on sheets so thin you could see through them, a grey blanket made of very rough wool, extremely thin feather pillow, a sponge matress two inches thick, in what looks like a coffin laid on it's side. I had to gradually work my way up to what I'm currently sleeping on. Because I live in South Louisiana, I don't want thick sheets. I sometimes work the 3pm-11pm shift and get some milk and other necessities at walmart after work. If you go after midnight then you can rent a date for 30 minutes to an hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 08:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
If that is hate then I'd like to open a store and be hated has such.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:33 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Amazing how 120 million Americans who, voting with their wallets, decide every week that Walmart wins in the competion of the marketplace--and some posters can write such scathing judgements about those 120 million people.

It is surprising that despite the fact that over one million Americans decide each working day that the highest and best use of their time is to go to work at Walmart--some posters seem to think they know better, what is best for those workers. Face it: Walmart offers the best employment alternative that each of those million people have. Otherwise they'd be working for that mythical better or fairer employer.

Save money. Live better. More than a million American jobs. Thank God for Walmart.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 PM

406 posts, read 495,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I haven't been in a WalMart in years. I will not give them a penny. They're one of the biggest destroyers of all small businesses, pay slave wages and garbages bennies. IMO, they are slave masters. I hate WalMart
Yeah they don't pay sh--. The rural store managers make a base salary of $125000 with a bonus of up to 150% of their salary. That's nothing huh. Assistant managers make $45 to 60 k a year. Please know what you are talking about if you are going to tear apart a company, obviously you don't.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Amazing how 120 million Americans who, voting with their wallets, decide every week that Walmart wins in the competion of the marketplace--and some posters can write such scathing judgements about those 120 million people.

It is surprising that despite the fact that over one million Americans decide each working day that the highest and best use of their time is to go to work at Walmart--some posters seem to think they know better, what is best for those workers. Face it: Walmart offers the best employment alternative that each of those million people have. Otherwise they'd be working for that mythical better or fairer employer.

Save money. Live better. More than a million American jobs. Thank God for Walmart.
Save money. Live better...as you flush your country down the toilet.

Not since the days of the British East India Company as the cornerstone of the British imperial system, has one single corporate entity been responsible for so much misery. At the core of its policy, Wal-Mart demands of its suppliers that they sell goods to Wal-Mart at such a low price, that they can only do so by outsourcing their work to low-wage factories overseas. This causes the exodus of millions of production jobs from the United States and the setting up of slave-labor concentration camps around the globe. Wal-Mart's policy includes crushing living standards in America, forbidding its workers from unionizing, bringing in workers illegally from abroad, and bankrupting tens of thousands of stores and outlets on Main Street, ripping apart communities and their tax bases.

Mass Unemployment
There are hundreds of American manufacturing plants which have shut down, and shipped production overseas, either partially or entirely due to Wal-Mart. In addition, many other retail outlets have been forced to adopt Wal-Mart's methods. We look at a few of the hundreds of cases in which Wal-Mart was directly involved:
Wal-Mart Is Not a Business, It's an Economic Disease

Yes, let's sing the praises of Walmart because you can save a dime on every buck..yippee!

Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post

One of the funniest things about this subject is that I keep seeing the same people working year after year at the Walmart we go to. I hardly ever go to the restroom in two of them that there isn't someone sitting at the computer making an application to work there. I guess all those people are just stupid or not liberal enough to act like those here that don't seem to like Walmart.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:06 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Save money. Live better...as you flush your country down the toilet.

Not since the days of the British East India Company as the cornerstone of the British imperial system, has one single corporate entity been responsible for so much misery. At the core of its policy, Wal-Mart demands of its suppliers that they sell goods to Wal-Mart at such a low price, that they can only do so by outsourcing their work to low-wage factories overseas. This causes the exodus of millions of production jobs from the United States and the setting up of slave-labor concentration camps around the globe. Wal-Mart's policy includes crushing living standards in America, forbidding its workers from unionizing, bringing in workers illegally from abroad, and bankrupting tens of thousands of stores and outlets on Main Street, ripping apart communities and their tax bases.

Mass Unemployment
There are hundreds of American manufacturing plants which have shut down, and shipped production overseas, either partially or entirely due to Wal-Mart. In addition, many other retail outlets have been forced to adopt Wal-Mart's methods. We look at a few of the hundreds of cases in which Wal-Mart was directly involved:
Wal-Mart Is Not a Business, It's an Economic Disease

Yes, let's sing the praises of Walmart because you can save a dime on every buck..yippee!
That would depend on how much PROFIT those greedy suppliers want to make....

of course, all suppliers get goods as cheaply as they possibly can, unless they think the demand warrants a high enough price that their profit won't suffer any.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:10 AM

46 posts, read 178,035 times
Default walmart

i went to walmart 2 times
first to see what is walmart, a mess everywhere packages everywhere
i wonder if i was allowed to be there, there is just black people
so the second times i changed the walmart store, the same thing
just black & latinos. it's for homeless and poor people

Old 09-13-2010, 04:54 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,355,436 times
People blame WalMart for cheap Chinese products . Those SAME products are sold at every other retailer for more money . It's the consumers demanding lower prices that is encouraging the manufacturers to go to China for their products . We are our own worst enemy .

Old 09-13-2010, 05:07 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post

Sorry I couldn't rep you again.

I owe you one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies