Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 10:08 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times

Advertisements

The Republican Tea Party is in full outrage as the Democrats continue to listen to, and do what the people hired them to do. Clear through the veil of outrage are the benefits the outraged will reap in huge measure, and as they often do, will surely turn a blind eye to, in honest debate or when faced with pointed questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 AM

377 posts, read 326,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
HELLO? They arent NOW, HIPPA laws removed the shackle to employer to retain coverage.. PASSED BY REPUBLICANS, and signed by Clinton..
It's HIPAA not HIPPA Brainiac.

And you are still not correct. HIPAA only conditions acceptance on pre-existing conditions if the timing requirement is met.

Can a plan deny benefits for chronic illnesses or injuries, like carpal tunnel syndrome, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer using a preexisting condition exclusion?
It depends on whether you received medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment within the 6 months prior to enrolling in a new employer’s plan. If you did, you can be subject to a preexisting condition exclusion.
Frequently Asked Questions about Portability of Health Coverage and HIPAA (http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_hipaa.html - broken link)
Quote:

Any facts to back this up because numerous regular visits are required to be covered by insurance companies... Considering you didnt have a clue about paragraph 1, I doubt you have a clue here either.
Considering you've made an ass of yourself with your above incorrect comments, I would expect a normal person to go hide in the corner and contemplate his error.

Quote:
Moderate law? You didnt just say that seriously did you?
Compared to the superior single payor system, this law is moderate.

Here, educate yourself before you open your trap next time:

Frequently Asked Questions about Portability of Health Coverage and HIPAA (http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_hipaa.html - broken link)

Old 03-22-2010, 10:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
I'm sorry but the cavalier attitude starts with you and your position re selfish little doctors picking up their ball and going home if they don't get their way. Dream on about your 6 month waiting list for treatment. Ain't gonna happen. $179,000/year is nothing to sneeze at and these docs won't forgo that cash to make a principled point.
You dont get it.. Doctors may not have a choice...

A buddy of mine owns a psychiatry business in Ohio. He has over 100 doctors working in his office and he is struggling to pay the bills because most of the patients are insured medicaid/medicare. Neither of these are paying "their fair share" meaning he can barely pay the bills now. This plan is cutting further spending by 1/2 a TRILLION dollars meaning he will most likely have to close the doors..
Quote:
Another part of the problem of high health care costs is that the uninsured treated in emergency rooms have their costs passed on to the rest of us. .. $10 aspirin happens this way... True universal care would really fix that. Under Obama's plan, the wider insurable pool created by the legislation will likely have a modifiying effect on prices.
Do you have ANY clue how bills are made and created? The ONLY people who have a problem with $10 aspirins are those who pay cash. Everyone else pays UCR/ICD9/ICD10 rates dictated by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. The reason why $10 aspirins exist is because the federal government has an incentive NOW to keep these rates low because they have such huge liabilities to these bills.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:24 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
LOL! I guest the last 12 years with Bush running our country was the right way to do it! Sorry!!!

Conservatives are dead wrong for wanting to shoot that down. (pre-existing conditions) Why would the Repubs want remove it? I have a theory! It's because they want to continue getting kick backs from insurance companies etc...
we spent another trillion dollars. when is enough enough? the liberal spent a trillion dollars on a program that has little support and call it a victory

Old 03-22-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:

And you are still not correct. HIPAA only conditions acceptance on pre-existing conditions if the timing requirement is met.

Can a plan deny benefits for chronic illnesses or injuries, like carpal tunnel syndrome, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer using a preexisting condition exclusion?
If you get all excited over a miskey then you must be going crazy and should seek help.

The statement was that you are limited from leaving a job to find another job because one suffers from pre-existing conditions.

This is FALSE!!.. WRONG.. A LIE!! HIPPA indeed allows you to move from Company A to company B if you have a pre-existing condition..
Pre-existing Condition Laws
This six-month period of time is known as the "look-back" period under pre-existing condition laws. The look-back period may be smaller than six months in insurance policies provided by large companies or with HMOs. Under most pre-existing condition laws, insurance coverage for person with a pre-existing condition can be denied for a maximum period of 12 months (18 for late enrollees).
There are also certain medical conditions that cannot be denied coverage under pre-existing condition laws, including pregnancy and conditions in children under 18 who have been adopted.

If you are moving from company A to company B, you arent taking 6-12 months to do so..
Quote:
Considering you've made an ass of yourself with your above incorrect comments, I would expect a normal person to go hide in the corner and contemplate his error.
Considering you just validated the accuracy of my statement, I'd expect you to not only go sit in the corner, but do it standing on your head and not return until you figure out how to balance the budget...

The statement was MOVING FROM COMPANY A TO COMPANY B.. HIPPA guarantees you coverage at a new company if you are switching companies.
Quote:
Compared to the superior single payor system, this law is moderate.

Here, educate yourself before you open your trap next time:

Frequently Asked Questions about Portability of Health Coverage and HIPAA
re-view the statement I responded to before you open up your trap..
Quote:
This is a great day in history. No longer will people with preexisting conditions be shackled to an Employer to just retain minimum coverage.
You are NOT tied to an employer due to a pre-existing condition NOW.. FAIL in your initial posting, FAIL in your dispute.. Especially considering you validated my post as accurate.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Do we need to make personal attacks like this?

Old 03-22-2010, 10:31 AM

377 posts, read 326,371 times
Quote:
You dont get it.. Doctors may not have a choice...

A buddy of mine owns a psychiatry business in Ohio. He has over 100 doctors working in his office and he is struggling to pay the bills because most of the patients are insured medicaid/medicare. Neither of these are paying "their fair share" meaning he can barely pay the bills now. This plan is cutting further spending by 1/2 a TRILLION dollars meaning he will most likely have to close the doors..

Do you have ANY clue how bills are made and created? The ONLY people who have a problem with $10 aspirins are those who pay cash. Everyone else pays UCR/ICD9/ICD10 rates dictated by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. The reason why $10 aspirins exist is because the federal government has an incentive NOW to keep these rates low because they have such huge liabilities to these bills.
Any time I even casually check into your claims, you come up dreadfully wrong. For instance you don't even know the name of the HIPAA law but above you're commenting on it like your some sort of expert. Except you're wrong with your comments.

But then again, you have buddies who back up your drivel.

With anecdotal evidence like that, how could anyone question you?

To cover the cost of care for the indigent or uninsured, hospitals increase their charges to other patients.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:31 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Question hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Wait until Nov. Then we will see defeat like none other. Dems going down to defeat. But then they won't need to worry since they didn't put themselves on universal health care.
Why has the Republican Tea Party be so inneffective in bringing about change promised?

Old 03-22-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Any time I even casually check into your claims, you come up dreadfully wrong. For instance you don't even know the name of the HIPAA law but above you're commenting on it like your some sort of expert. Except you're wrong with your comments.
It was a mis-key, is that the only error you can find? Man that must suck!! Hows it feel to be wrong so often?
Quote:
To cover the cost of care for the indigent or uninsured, hospitals increase their charges to other patients.
And here you lose the ability to do math..

Neither the government, nor the insurance companies pay the charged rate. (neither do cash paying customers if they just make a phone call)..

They pay percentiles of UCR rates, dictated by the federal government and then adjusted by zip code nationwide.

Billed rates mean NOTHING.. NO ONE PAYS THAT in the medical industry.. But you being some pretend expert in the field knows this already right?

Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 AM

583 posts, read 1,252,751 times
Quote:
The question is unanaswerable because no one knows what illness your family will face. This is why you have INSURANCE.

Thats not even close to what I said.
I pay about $200 a year out of pocket for DOCTOR VISITS. I'm not turning these minimum expenses to the insurance companies to pay because I want my costs to stay down. You are now relating regular doctor visits to medical health insurance costs which are not the same.

Reading comprehension.. Try it, you wont look so ridiculous..
Aren't you defensive.

How do you know for sure you will be covered just because you buy insurance should anything serious happen? If you get covered initially, how do you know how long your insurance would carry you? I've had 3 insurance plans and had always had headaches when it came to them paying my bills (these weren't huge bills mind you), so how do I know they would cover tens of thousands in expenses should these types of bills start piling up when they already nickel and dime you on much much smaller bills?

Insurance is a for-profit business and it has no business in basic healthcare.

Insurance is great for things that are less likely to happen - one thing that is very likely to happen to all of us is getting old (and most likely somewhat not 100% healthy), getting pregnant (high medical bills), having children (high medical bills).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies