Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

You can disagree with what he's doing, but you can't disagree that he has convictions, honor, integrity, courage and intelligence. Certainly more so than 99.99% of those who are making flippant and baseless charges against him. Obama has deep trouble maintaining loyalty in those under him who don't demand privileges, favortism and financial gain.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You can disagree with what he's doing, but you can't disagree that he has convictions, honor, integrity, courage and intelligence.
Actually I would assert this moron "doctor" is usurping hte chain of command in a time of war and is a personal coward.

Line him up with a cigarette and take him behind the barn.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,467,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Actually I spent 7 years, I doubt you have though.

No kidding they are not "dumb automatons", they are trained professionals. In situations under duress there is no time to hash things out with a cup of coffee around a conference table. You need to act and react to orders without question or people die.
3 years. Army artillery officer. Desert Storm Vet.

And since I was legally responsible for the rounds I fired or called for, you can be quite sure I was aware of what the Laws of Land Warfare were. If I was given an order I felt may violate those laws, particularly one that would result in mass civilian casualties, I probably would question it before following through.

As a vet, I'm surprised you would see it so different. What was your Branch and MOS??

Old 04-15-2010, 11:23 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
You can disagree with what he's doing, but you can't disagree that he has convictions, honor, integrity, courage and intelligence. Certainly more so than 99.99% of those who are making flippant and baseless charges against him. Obama has deep trouble maintaining loyalty in those under him who don't demand privileges, favortism and financial gain.

This yahoo is a disgrace to his country and should be dishonorably discharged.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:46 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
My son in law is doing his third tour in Afghanistan. I don't want this coward anywhere near him. I want this coward in the brig where he has a lot of time to think about the brave doctor who had to go in his place.
As an Army Retiree and veteran of multiple tours in Vietnam, I can only agree. This coward needs to be tried for Mutiny and and those who aid him should be tried for Inciting Mutiny in Time of WAR. Sedition at the least

Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Because there is one coward in the Army, please

Old 04-15-2010, 11:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Yes, I can disagree with his "convictions" - this is, at least, conduct unbecoming an officer.

Can you provide some links to your assertion about Obama, or are you simply presenting your opinion?
Where do you get this 99.99% number? Is it something that you can link to?

Old 04-15-2010, 12:02 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
I've read that Lakin has been assigned to Walter Reid, my question is
why is he not disobeying this order as well if he really believes President
Obama is not eligible?

Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I've read that Lakin has been assigned to Walter Reid, my question is
why is he not disobeying this order as well if he really believes President
Obama is not eligible?
'Cause he prefers the cushy bearth in D.C. to the dangers of war. He was there once before and didn't like it as much as he does D.C. So, rather than admit he is a coward and pay the Army back for his education, he latches on to this lame excuse......knowing there are some ignorant idiots who will buy anything....as long as it is against the President. These same idiots would have wanted his guts for garters if he had refused to go to Iraq because he thought it was an illegal war while Bush was President. Cowards and hypocrites make quite a team.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
This coward needs to be tried for Mutiny and and those who aid him should be tried for Inciting Mutiny in Time of WAR.
Well, I don't think of the guy is a coward, nor do I do see him as a disgrace to the uniform or the country. But if you said that he is delusional, a hysterical fruitcake, a victim of neurotic paranoia... I probably agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies