Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 07:20 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,608,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I didn't know that was California's law. However, you can simply cross the Nevada state border, and sell whatever firearm you want.
In MD I can legally only sell a long gun (rifle, shotgun) to another resident of the state who I believe can legally possess a firearm. Felons, underage persons, persons under a domestic protection order are all banned from ownership.
No handguns may be transferred escept through a FFL holder nor are any UBGs manufactured since the mid-90s even allowed to be sold in the state by anyone.
I may buy a long gun in PA but as a MD resident may not buy a UBG there.

(UBG-Ugly, Black Gun)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 07:24 PM

719 posts, read 2,666,959 times
I'm as far left as they come, and I'm against gun control.
I totally agree that it's mostly the NRA and to a lesser degree conservatives who politicize said issue. =/

Old 05-07-2010, 10:53 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,324 times
Yawn.....

Liberals....particularly RICH liberals will ALWAYS rely on someone else to protect them....

....then...in that case guns are "acceptable"......

Old 05-08-2010, 05:34 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Yawn.....

Liberals....particularly RICH liberals will ALWAYS rely on someone else to protect them....

What kind of sidearm does Rush pack?

Glock? H&K? S&W?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:04 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
The Remington R-15 hunting rifle - Centerfire Rifle - Model R-15 - Remington Centerfire Rifles

Why ban a type of weapon based on cosmetics. My AR-15 shoots the exact same ammo as my niece's .223 hunting rifle - New England SB2-SY3 SUPERLIGHT SYN 223 YOUTH for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $262.00 Same thing with the AK-47. The 7.62x39 cartridge is the equivalent of a .30-30 hunting rifle. Please watch the 'assault rifle' video I posted earlier.

Full auto guns are very expensive and heavily regulated so much that most people can't afford them. I sure don't want the .gov looking that deep into my business to go through the background check. I am looking into a suppressor for my AR though. I don't like the $200 but that is the law and I will pay it.
I know it is largely "cosmetics" and I agree with you except that the AR and AK are designed to intimidate the public and scare people. A hunting rifle, even though it fires the same ammo, is not designed to do that. I am not for the "assault weapons ban" really. If you want to buy an AK-47 rifle, fine with me but carrying it around in public is what I am talking about. It should not be allowed to be displayed or carried in public. If you want to keep it at home or carry it unloaded in the trunk to a gun club, fine with me. But I don't think we need folks walking around with them. I thought that even having soldiers with them in airports after 9-11 was way overboard. What the hell were they going to do with an assualt rifle in an airport? Spray the concourse with cover fire? In a public place like that, a good sidearm- like a glock is much better to have. And if a Glock is clearly visible on a uniformed soldier, people know it means business.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:06 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
In MD I can legally only sell a long gun (rifle, shotgun) to another resident of the state who I believe can legally possess a firearm. Felons, underage persons, persons under a domestic protection order are all banned from ownership.
No handguns may be transferred escept through a FFL holder nor are any UBGs manufactured since the mid-90s even allowed to be sold in the state by anyone.
I may buy a long gun in PA but as a MD resident may not buy a UBG there.

(UBG-Ugly, Black Gun)
Who you "believe" is legal, thats a open ended term.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:07 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I didn't know that was California's law. However, you can simply cross the Nevada state border, and sell whatever firearm you want.
However you should not have to drive to another state to enjoy a right given to you in the Constitution of the United States.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Yawn.....

First, you pass a bill lowering the size of our military, and police force, then I'll see a need to ease gun sell restrictions.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:08 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
snoop dog is a gun loving liberal.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
However you should not have to drive to another state to enjoy a right given to you in the Constitution of the United States.
You know, my home county didn't allow liquor sells for a long time. I didn't like it, but states have the right to legislate laws, as long as they are constitutional.

Cases have already been brought to court over requiring ID to buy fire arms. It is constitutional.

The Constitution only guarantees you the right to bear arms. It doesn't say what loop holes you'll have to jump through to buy those arms, or what type of arms will be available to you.

California doesn't forbid you from buying guns, it only requires a background check.

Can you show me the Constitutional amendment, or law that guarantees you the right to buy arms from a private citizen without a background check?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies