Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

"I want the sky to fall NOW, or it isnt happening"...

Another Democrat unable to think long term down the road. Everything is NOW.

Guess you guys have learned nothing from the numerous crashes we've had in recent years..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 12:50 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
America needs more god and Jesus. Pray every day! If all patriotic Americans pray, all our problems will be solved. We all know that prayer works all the time.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:53 PM

450 posts, read 503,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
IMO, when they stop paying the extended unemployment (and they will) the whole house of cards will come down.
And that may be the case Driller1, but who the hell knows?
Again ALL I DO KNOW is that the whole house of cards was SUPPOSED to come down when Obama became President. Obama was going to ruin and destroy America!

When we look up that hasn't happened.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:56 PM

450 posts, read 503,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Guess you guys have learned nothing from the numerous crashes we've had in recent years..
PGH I haven't said the sky will or wont fall.
I'm just saying that the TEA BAGGERS said it would BY NOW. I'm just asking what the hell happened to the destruction of America by Obama?

If the sky hasn't falling after tea baggers claimed it would. You all lose credibility!

Just listen to Tea baggers now, you all sound like the Chicago Cubs. Next year! Next Year! Next year!
America will be destroyed next year! We wont be a country anymore! Under Obama leadership THE END is next year!

LOL! YEAH BUT YOU SAID THAT LAST YEAR!

Would you all ever admit that MAYBE Obama will not destroy America?

Old 05-07-2010, 01:43 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
IMO, when they stop paying the extended unemployment (and they will) the whole house of cards will come down.
LOL..this is excatly what the OP was about..Nonstop fear mongering.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Thing is, fear mongers like yourself want everybody to live their day to day believing that your dreadful prognostications are correct when none of them have ever come true. That's some madam cloey crap..Your always right when what you predict hasn't "yet" happened. Oh, it's coming, it's coming!! Conservatives always want timelines, they wanted Obama to have fixed the country in his first five minutes in office to "justify" his election. I want an Armageddon timeline. John Boehner said Armageddon was coming. When shall it arrive so I can have my popcorn ready.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:50 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LOL..this is excatly what the OP was about..Nonstop fear mongering.
What do you think is going to happen when millions still dont have a job and we have to stop paying unemployment?

Should we avoid issues because its not all pretty bows and flowers and sunshine? Should we hide and pretend something isnt happening?

What is it when Obama said if we dont pass his stimulus ( that was suppose to keep us at 8% unemployment) we might not ever recover?

Or when Obama said that if we dont pass his healthcare will we will bankrupt the nation ( ignore the spending increasing the national debt. That wont bankrupt the nation but not passing his HC bill will )

Old 05-07-2010, 04:50 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Any gains that the country has made has come in spite of what Obama has been doing. If anything he's slowed the recovery or even prevented it. And long term he's definitely hurt the country. But take whatever it is you're taking to keep thinking otherwise.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What do you think is going to happen when millions still dont have a job and we have to stop paying unemployment?

Should we avoid issues because its not all pretty bows and flowers and sunshine? Should we hide and pretend something isnt happening?

What is it when Obama said if we dont pass his stimulus ( that was suppose to keep us at 8% unemployment) we might not ever recover?

Or when Obama said that if we dont pass his healthcare will we will bankrupt the nation ( ignore the spending increasing the national debt. That wont bankrupt the nation but not passing his HC bill will )
We shoud not avoid issues that are ugly. That's why it was wrong for Republicans to try to block healthcare. It is wrong for the Republicans to try and block even having a conversation about financial reform, pre-blocking immigration reform, refusing to even discuss climate control, threatning to block the new Supreme Court Nominee before the person has been nominated. Those are REAL issues that are occuring not your crystal ball reading fear mongering.You guys were quiet as church mice as Bush doubled the deficit, expanded government (DHS), passed the bank bailouts, started an illegitimate war, and stripped your freedoms via the patriot act more than any President in history BUT you're crying about what will happen when we stop paying unemployment(that republicans tried to block). Your fear mongering is little more the Obama hate.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:11 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
I seriously want to ask all the Doom and Gloom folks (Republicans/Conservatives/TEA-Baggers) that were screaming last year (especially during the 2008 election and Obama's first 100 days) that Obama would cause the end of America!
Armageddon! Get out now! Obama will ruin America! The Depression is coming! The sky will fall! America will fail!

Ok? Why hasn't America failed under Obama as all you fear-mongers claimed would happen?
I don't care how much hate you have for Obama or how you try to spin things. America in May 2010 is in a helluva better position than it was in the End of 2007.
Admit it Fear-mongers! You all called for the end of the world if Obama was elected. America is still standing and getting better and better.
What the heck happened guys?

Now I'm not a liberal by a long shot nor have I completely agreed with everything Obama has done. But I do recognize that his leadership has done wonders for the country (something you all continue to ignore)

Obama's administration saved the country from an inevitable economic collapse!
Do you all even remember how bad things were in 2007???? We were in a RECESSION that was getting worse and WORSE. Everyone said America would undoubtedly enter into a DEPRESSION worse than the 1930s!
What happened? The recession was OVER in Obama's 1st year! America's economy (GDP) has grown every quarter since!
The Stock Market has recovered and hovering near 11,000 (after being in a free fall before Obama)

What about jobs? Yes unemployment is still high, but no intelligent reasonable individual would blame Obama for the surge of job losses (caused by 2007 recession and its aftermath). When Bush left office over half a MILLION jobs were being lost every single month. Now under Obama, America is actually GAINING jobs every month.
Where do you think Unemployment would be if Bush was still in office? Thats a rhetorical question because we all know it would be a whole lot worse.

There are so many areas I could point that has indicated that not only has Obama saved America from near collapse. He has managed to steer America into the Right direction.

Which is the exact opposite of what you Tea baggers said Obama would do!
Lets not get too much into canned tea bagging talking points (the deficit *hey you didn't care under BUSH why do you care NOW?*, heathcare, Banks and car company takeovers, etc...)

I am merely pointing out that you Tea Party (Conservative, Repubs) all cried about how the HOUSE would crumble and be destroyed under Obama.

Ignoring talking points when you all look up and STILL see the HOUSE (America) STANDING, improving, and getting better and better....

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DESTRUCTION OF AMERICA????

Obama is not done with his four year term. There is plenty more destruction to occur. Stay tuned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies