Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 07:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're clinging to this higher unemployment figure as a last straw
People are clinging to the very same figure that has ALWAYS mattered.. The unemployment rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 07:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
How comfortable are you with that rise in jobs if 180K were projected new jobs based on modeling ?
More than 50% of those new jobs reported are not verified to be real jobs.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
wished for? The only ones that want it destroyed are you libs. And your arrogant dictator is doing a great job of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - "Patriotic" Rush Limbaugh wants Obama to fail

Old 05-08-2010, 08:16 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
People are clinging to the very same figure that has ALWAYS mattered.. The unemployment rate.
I will remind you of this post when that figure inevitably falls (assuming the same course remains).

The economy is creating hundreds of thousands of jobs. How long do you think you have on this unemployment argument (always, I'm sure you know, the last indicator to turn in a recovering economy).

Old 05-08-2010, 08:23 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
A little bit?

I am talking over all we are no better. How do you think we are better?

Is having higher debt as a nation better? Is having such high unemployment for so long better? Is going to have to pay higher taxes better for us as a person. Is having higher medical cost due to this health care bill going to help us? Is companys canceling insurance going to make us better?

I think having to work more to have less doesnt make us better

You all talk about things are so much better what exactly is better
I'm sure you are educated enough to know that it is economists, not politicos, who explained why the unemployment rate ticked up temporarily due to people coming back into the job search.

Anyway, you're making the same argument Democrats made against Reagan when he had sky-high unemployment well over 3 years into his first term. They were wrong and so are you, unless you want someone to just snap their fingers and make everything better after the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression.

Somehow, though, I suspect you hold Reagan on a higher pedestal than you do Obama. Will you credit Obama with saving the economy as so many credit Reagan? I wait with anticipation to see it.

And we are far better over all:

Creating hundreds of thousands of jobs instead of losing over 700,000 a month when Obama took over.

Beginning the process of paying down the debt (you don't pay down the debt in the middle of a crisis - every economist knows that).

A vast majority of Americans are paying fewer taxes than they were under Bush. 1/3 of the stimulus was tax breaks.

The health care law (it's not a bill anymore) has not seen any businesses actually drop coverage, just look into it. And there's no evidence that it will be more expensive for a vast majority of people.

So, if you accept progressive values that are in power right now favor the middle class over the wealthy, then things are going well.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
I seriously want to ask all the Doom and Gloom folks (Republicans/Conservatives/TEA-Baggers) that were screaming last year (especially during the 2008 election and Obama's first 100 days) that Obama would cause the end of America!
Armageddon! Get out now! Obama will ruin America! The Depression is coming! The sky will fall! America will fail!

Ok? Why hasn't America failed under Obama as all you fear-mongers claimed would happen?
I don't care how much hate you have for Obama or how you try to spin things. America in May 2010 is in a helluva better position than it was in the End of 2007.
Admit it Fear-mongers! You all called for the end of the world if Obama was elected. America is still standing and getting better and better.
What the heck happened guys?

Now I'm not a liberal by a long shot nor have I completely agreed with everything Obama has done. But I do recognize that his leadership has done wonders for the country (something you all continue to ignore)

Obama's administration saved the country from an inevitable economic collapse!
Do you all even remember how bad things were in 2007???? We were in a RECESSION that was getting worse and WORSE. Everyone said America would undoubtedly enter into a DEPRESSION worse than the 1930s!
What happened? The recession was OVER in Obama's 1st year! America's economy (GDP) has grown every quarter since!
The Stock Market has recovered and hovering near 11,000 (after being in a free fall before Obama)

What about jobs? Yes unemployment is still high, but no intelligent reasonable individual would blame Obama for the surge of job losses (caused by 2007 recession and its aftermath). When Bush left office over half a MILLION jobs were being lost every single month. Now under Obama, America is actually GAINING jobs every month.
Where do you think Unemployment would be if Bush was still in office? Thats a rhetorical question because we all know it would be a whole lot worse.

There are so many areas I could point that has indicated that not only has Obama saved America from near collapse. He has managed to steer America into the Right direction.

Which is the exact opposite of what you Tea baggers said Obama would do!
Lets not get too much into canned tea bagging talking points (the deficit *hey you didn't care under BUSH why do you care NOW?*, heathcare, Banks and car company takeovers, etc...)

I am merely pointing out that you Tea Party (Conservative, Repubs) all cried about how the HOUSE would crumble and be destroyed under Obama.

Ignoring talking points when you all look up and STILL see the HOUSE (America) STANDING, improving, and getting better and better....

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DESTRUCTION OF AMERICA????
Could it be that we are living on the money we borrowed or the paper that we printed?
You know, the money our children will have to pay back with interest.
Is that why the sky hasn't fallen yet?
Wait until the credit card is MAXED OUT, then you can watch the sky fall.
Hope you enjoy the crash!

Old 05-08-2010, 09:41 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
because, he passed his laws not to come into effect untill after he leaves, so that he can sit back and blame the next guy. HE IS destroying the country!!! You'll see. He hasn't "fixed" a thing that he promised. He's only making things worse. How is anything that he is doing an improvement on? Unemployment at near 10%, the government owning the big banks, Freddie and Franny, and the student loans, the car company. Getting rid of NASA programs....to name a few and you still worship this man that came out of nowhere, with no experience?????
Yes, for now we live on borrowed money so he can "look" good.
All of our problems, he can blame on Bush.
After he leaves, he can blame the problems on the new President.
He comes out smelling like a rose because he is smart enough to know that his "congregation" can't figure anything out.
He is either laughing at you or he is to dumb to figure it out himself.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yes, for now we live on borrowed money so he can "look" good.
All of our problems, he can blame on Bush.
After he leaves, he can blame the problems on the new President.
He comes out smelling like a rose because he is smart enough to know that his "congregation" can't figure anything out.
He is either laughing at you or he is to dumb to figure it out himself.
So his predecessors didn't borrow money?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:22 PM

30 posts, read 67,494 times
Get off your butt and vote!!!!! We have to get rid of most of these Republicans. A wounded animal is a dangerous dangerous unpredictable thing. These guys are reaching for straws. They actually are going after the unemployed Americans. Republicans have stopped, slowed and are constantly talking about ending the unemployment benefits that keep so many families off the streets. I have been taking a look at these guys ...real time on C-Span. They are cold hearted and ruthless.
They bailed out Wall Street......Now they want to pull the plug on Main Street.
Vote the Republicans out of Office!

Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What do "tea baggers" have to do with politics?
Contrary to the person who left me a rep, I am not a tea bagger. Or, in fact, not a Tea Party member (I am with them in spirit but haven't attended any protests). The person, of course, did not leave his/her name. Coward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies