Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
RINGWISE, Obama's guarantee doesn't negate my point. That was a broken promise, no doubt but still and all
Under Bush's administration unemployment dipped twice as much as ANYTIME under Obama!

Yet according to you all, Obama is the one DESTROYING AMERICA....

Unbelievable!
y2flyy, you too might read the facts regarding this "promise".

PolitiFact | Cantor and other Republicans say Obama promised stimulus would keep unemployment rates below 8 percent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 PM

450 posts, read 503,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne;
I don't care about the promise, It has absolutely nothing to do with my point
Which is why I'm baffled you all keep pointing to this promise

My point was under who's Administration has unemployment had the biggest increase? Bush or Obama....
Hearing from Conservatives and tea partiers you'd think it was Obama who has had a more negative affect on America's Unemployment
The stats clearly show Unemployment increasing more under Bush than it has Obama.
Conservatives blame Obama and always point to how "Obama is destroying America" by looking at the 9.9% unemployment.
But doesn't say anything about Bush increased unemployment 2x as much as Obama has....

Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
What is perplexing is Bush screwed everything up. He failed to stop the biggest terrorist attack on US soil in history, he started a war under false pretenses, was useless during hurricane Katrina, presided over the worst downturn in the economy since the great depression, and turned a surplus into a huge deficit.

Yet the Conservatives keep saying, "history will judge him."

Under Obama, things are going smoothly. Yet he is criticized!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:15 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
I seriously want to ask all the Doom and Gloom folks (Republicans/Conservatives/TEA-Baggers) that were screaming last year (especially during the 2008 election and Obama's first 100 days) that Obama would cause the end of America!
Armageddon! Get out now! Obama will ruin America! The Depression is coming! The sky will fall! America will fail!

Ok? Why hasn't America failed under Obama as all you fear-mongers claimed would happen?
I don't care how much hate you have for Obama or how you try to spin things. America in May 2010 is in a helluva better position than it was in the End of 2007.
Admit it Fear-mongers! You all called for the end of the world if Obama was elected. America is still standing and getting better and better.
What the heck happened guys?

Now I'm not a liberal by a long shot nor have I completely agreed with everything Obama has done. But I do recognize that his leadership has done wonders for the country (something you all continue to ignore)

Obama's administration saved the country from an inevitable economic collapse!
Do you all even remember how bad things were in 2007???? We were in a RECESSION that was getting worse and WORSE. Everyone said America would undoubtedly enter into a DEPRESSION worse than the 1930s!
What happened? The recession was OVER in Obama's 1st year! America's economy (GDP) has grown every quarter since!
The Stock Market has recovered and hovering near 11,000 (after being in a free fall before Obama)

What about jobs? Yes unemployment is still high, but no intelligent reasonable individual would blame Obama for the surge of job losses (caused by 2007 recession and its aftermath). When Bush left office over half a MILLION jobs were being lost every single month. Now under Obama, America is actually GAINING jobs every month.
Where do you think Unemployment would be if Bush was still in office? Thats a rhetorical question because we all know it would be a whole lot worse.

There are so many areas I could point that has indicated that not only has Obama saved America from near collapse. He has managed to steer America into the Right direction.

Which is the exact opposite of what you Tea baggers said Obama would do!
Lets not get too much into canned tea bagging talking points (the deficit *hey you didn't care under BUSH why do you care NOW?*, heathcare, Banks and car company takeovers, etc...)

I am merely pointing out that you Tea Party (Conservative, Repubs) all cried about how the HOUSE would crumble and be destroyed under Obama.

Ignoring talking points when you all look up and STILL see the HOUSE (America) STANDING, improving, and getting better and better....

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DESTRUCTION OF AMERICA????
This is rich. We are moving in the right direction you say? Things are just peachy and getting better? Hmmm, 17 Trillion bucks in debt right out of the gate, now we are going to bail out Greece under the demands of the EU that we do so, to another couple trill, the moron is going to declare amnesty (just wait for it...gonna happen and you know it) hmmm, the failing countries in the EU are the ones the great and wonderful O is trying to model the US after, we are seeing an ...intteresting uptick in terrorist attacks here (miserable though they may be) our government is doing it' level best to enact social program after social program, mounting the debt even further, telling us all the while we need these things, small businesses are dropping like flys, we are printing worthless money 24-7, and what small worth there is to it is being backed by ...who? yea the CHINESE. Yea, I feel all hopey changey. The house is still standing all right, but it's infested with termites and carpenter ants, the lawn is full of gophers, and the cupboards are full of rats. I don't share your optimism about the state of things...at all. I think you are seriously deluded and in total denial. have the doctor up your meds a bit more and maybe you can hold on to your dreamy state a bit longer.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 AM

114 posts, read 90,618 times
Obama saved this country from an inevitable economic collapse? hahahaa. now i've heard it all. so the spending he did like Bush has helped save this country? wow. How many jobs has Obama created?

Old 05-12-2010, 05:17 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
The recession was OVER in Obama's 1st year

I dont think the sky will fall, but I dont think the recession is over yet. I think the euro will be falling before too long and take the dollar with it. figure the dollar will lose its triple AAA credit rating and inflation will go through the roof. after that who knows what will happen. but when it does I look to the feds to start clamping down on everyones rights, not just a few like they are doing now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies