Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 12:17 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Do you understand how ignorant that statement makes you sound? The French colonized Indochina for centuries, but nobody in Vietnam speaks French. The Russians occupied Hungary for 40 years, but nobody in Hungary speaks Russian.
Not at all, if it weren't for the American solder, you would be speaking German or Japanese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 12:18 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
It's kind of funny when you realize that Che' and Castro were killers who really did kill children and did so right in front of their families with a gun pointed directly to the child's head. Che' and Castro are their idols.
How many? You come up with a reliable estimate of how many children were killed under the direction of Castro and Che. I'll bet the number is smaller than the number executed in one day in a soccer stadium, directed by the US-imposed puppet Pinochet, after the US CIA assassinated the legally and democratically elected president Allende. To save the profits of American shareholders in the copper companies using slave labor to extract Chilean ore.

If you want to talk about history, you'd better also talk about Pinochet, Marcos, Sukarno, the Shah, Mobutu, and all the other butchers that the lily-white US hand-picked and supported in defense of higher profits for US corporations. Every single one of the names on that list killed many, many more people than Castro or Che ever dreamed of.

By the way, read about the US-Phillippine war, around 1900, when direct US military action is reliably estimated to have killed about 10% of all Filipino civilians. What? There was nothing in your fifth-grade history book about that? I guess it must have never happened, then.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-23-2010 at 12:30 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 02:21 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Funny how liberals can spout off an imaginary number of Iraqis killed by American soldiers in Iraq or the number of civilians killed by American soldiers in Vietnam but say something about a communist dictator or islamic terrorist groups killing people and suddenly they demand specific details and sources. I don't have specific number killed by Che' and Castro. No one has specific numbers. We do have witness statements of survivors who managed to escape their wrath. Here's a list of his victims,...even with the research they did, they could only come up with a partial list for Che' alone which didn't include ones executed by Castro or under orders from Castro or Che' http://cubaarchive.org/home/images/s..._9.30.2009.pdf
Quote:
How many? You come up with a reliable estimate of how many children were killed under the direction of Castro and Che. I'll bet the number is smaller than the number executed in one day in a soccer stadium, directed by the US-imposed puppet Pinochet, after the US CIA assassinated the legally and democratically elected president Allende. To save the profits of American shareholders in the copper companies using slave labor to extract Chilean ore.

If you want to talk about history, you'd better also talk about Pinochet, Marcos, Sukarno, the Shah, Mobutu, and all the other butchers that the lily-white US hand-picked and supported in defense of higher profits for US corporations. Every single one of the names on that list killed many, many more people than Castro or Che ever dreamed of.

By the way, read about the US-Phillippine war, around 1900, when direct US military action is reliably estimated to have killed about 10% of all Filipino civilians. What? There was nothing in your fifth-grade history book about that? I guess it must have never happened, then.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:16 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janman345 View Post
Thats exactly the stuff the recruiters dont tell you about or down play.
Because you're to do it yourself. Its part of making an informed decision. Its not the military recruiters job to coddle you. Those guys often will seek out a recruiter on their own....Its a voluntary service, remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janman345 View Post
Raising the enlistment age to 21 is probably not a bad idea. Then the preditory practices of recruiters where young people congregate would be limited to universities and by that time they will have had more time to decide if the military is really right for them .... and they will be an officer. This will force the recruiters to really earn their pay check when looking for cannon fauder because they cant just go to high schools anymore they have to scour for them all over the place. That was the point of the no child left behind act was to allow access to high schoolers so a recruiter could give a mass number of young people ASVAB testing and increase there odds of suckering people in.

I agree with internet and information the way it is today its easy to get informatoin but in the late 90's it was the recruiters hay day and even today you have to know where to find the relavant information because the military hypes there advertizing even on the internet.
Oh yes, because every single person in the military should be officers. Yes, that will work superbly. Everyone will be an officer and try to delegate everything else to the other officers.

Based on your post I seriously doubt you've had any experience with the military itself OR its members. You seem to know nothing about how things work within the ranks. Furthermore, not everyone is college material, not everyone even wants to go to college. Alot of the boys I graduated with wanted to go into the military right after high school, and they're making it a career. You act as if these 18 year olds are being forced into the military. Nobody forces them, and HELLO! Its 2010. They are more than able to do their research before making a decision.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:20 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:

Allende blew his own head off while a Chilean military coup occurred. US CIA did not assassinated him. Where is the documentation that we assassinated him? Is that kind of like Arafat having nothing to due with the slaughter of innocent Israeli Olympians at Munich?

Old 05-23-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Allende blew his own head off while a Chilean military coup occurred. US CIA did not assassinated him. Where is the documentation that we assassinated him? Is that kind of like Arafat having nothing to due with the slaughter of innocent Israeli Olympians at Munich?
I have to wonder about this member. He defends muslim terrorist, he defends pedophiles, and now he's defending south american communist dictators? Does he really feel this way or is he just trying to get a rise out of people.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:28 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Here's a list of his victims,...even with the research they did, they could only come up with a partial list for Che' alone which didn't include ones executed by Castro or under orders from Castro or Che' http://cubaarchive.org/home/images/s..._9.30.2009.pdf
How many of those are the names of children who were shot in front of their parents?

Meanwhile, are the lists of the 3,000 Chileans who were either executed or simply disasppeared and are still missing, at the hands of our good friend, the kind Mr. Pinochet, whom Henry Kissinger appointed to kill every Chilean who dared to speak out against the US puppet government and the American shareholders getting rich in Chile:
Ejecutados
Desaparecidos

In Kissenger's own words, the USA "created the conditions as great as possible" for the death of Allende. Those Chileans who were driven to suicide were the only opponents of Pinochet who were not tortured.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-23-2010 at 04:37 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 04:32 PM

jtur88, you defend communist dictatorships, you defend muslim terrorist, and worst of all, you defend pedophiles. You are only the fourth person I've ever added to my ignore list. Don't bother responding to me because I won't see your post.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:37 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
You speak English because of the American solder.
Aveo, my problem is not with the soldiers it is the policies. I have already spoken of this, on this very thread. You will need to reread what I have written.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:50 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Don't you understand just like those who were killed in the Twin Towers on 911 you are guilty of aiding and abetting because you participate in the Banality of Evil. Your guilty of being a mindless killer simply by being a Patriotic American. Welcome to the side of evil.
Can I join, Three years Army..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies