Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 12:11 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
lol! The FRC is nothing short of nuts. They played "chicken little" when Colorado passed an anti discrimination law for gay people a couple years ago, claiming that men in dresses would be praying on little girls in public restrooms. Surprisingly, that hasn't happend

As a gay man who was in the military, I can assure the FRC that DADT wasn't the reason why I didn't rape heterosexual men! Actually, that's incredibly insulting. They're assuming that gay men are all rapists.
Amen to that. This is just part and parcel of the lunacy the FRC and FOTF spread because they know that NOTHING helps them to rake in the million$ from gullible loons like FEAR. These folks, and quite a few other organizations know that FEAR drives donations; the NRA does it, the Environmentalists do it, just about everyone in the fund raising business does it.

Sad part is that people actually fall for the fear tactics and send it a ton of money to the loons and even vote AGAINST human rights.

Ironic part is that a ton of the anti-gay fear mongers have themselves been outed for being gay. There was "Rev" Ted Haggard in 2006 who was running a mega-chruch and preaching against a gay rights bill here in COLO and all the while he was sneaking off to Denver to visit a gay hooker. Just the other month there was George Rekers who was outed after hiring a gay hooker from "rentboy.com" then touring Europe with him. Rekers and Haggard are both associates of James Dobson, another fear mongering homophobe and I'm sure some day we'll find out more than we want to know about Dobson.

All of these gay guys running anti-gay campaigns are taking millions to the bank for themselves, and are living high on the hog by getting their money right out of the pockets of millions of homophobic clowns across this country, and that's the supreme irony of all.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 01:14 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And don't forget, this is an important part of the base of today's Republican Party. They're lunatics.

Â*FRC: DADT Repeal Will Increase Gay Rape | News | Advocate.com
No, it's true! I don't ever go outside because if I do, a gay man will rape me and leave me in the gutter to die! Ah! Stop following me! Save me Jeebus!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And don't forget, this is an important part of the base of today's Republican Party. They're lunatics.

Â*FRC: DADT Repeal Will Increase Gay Rape | News | Advocate.com
Are these guys connected to that Westboro bunch?

westboro

Old 06-02-2010, 04:57 PM

418 posts, read 1,090,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Obvious View Post
I don't believe that. I am curious to see how commands handle sexual harassment complaints by straight soldiers against the gay ones. That'll be interesting.

Well I would not want to be openly gay on a battle field. Ops---- accidents do happen.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Yes, that's what it is

Haven't you heard about the brutal Gay Gangs who run amuck through our streets and our military?

Yeah, they break into your home, they ass rape you, they re-decorate your home with flamboyant color schemes and then do show tunes as further torture; before leaving.

Oh brother

What was the Family Research Council researching? The hands on effects of eating paint chips and sniffing glue?
Are'nt they the same people that say that you can "Pray the gay away"?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:30 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,623,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
Well I would not want to be openly gay on a battle field. Ops---- accidents do happen.
You are a sick, sad man.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
I'm not anti-gay. I am however, in favor of preserving our military's readiness.
Gays and their activists don't care about that. They just want to stir the pot and conduct their little social experiment. Nobama doesn't even care about gays, he's doing this so he can wrap up their vote.
Some things are just better left as they are. What do you know about the military anyway? I mean, besides what nancy pelosi told you?
Oblivious to the facts.
Discrimination is never a good thing.
How can you even voice such hate-filled drivel?
If it were the group of your sexual orientation that was being discriminated against, you'd be the first to whine.

Most military members find this a non-issue.

I know about the military because I work in the military community.
How about you?

Old 07-29-2010, 03:37 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
My suggestion then is to form battalions of women and gay men. It'd be a win-win situation imo.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:01 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,320,466 times
It's pretty clear that "The Family Research Council" is just a hate group.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
What were YOU doing at such a "filthy festival"?
I wasn't , it was on video along with other very disturbing things going on .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies