Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
1) I don't "claim" anything and I had no "point" to make.

4) Presumably, the male-on-male assaults would be homosexual-on-straight and that's why it would get reported. If a male welcomes the advances of another male, just go somewhere and do it in private--no need for any assault to take place.
^ This sounds like a claim that you are making.

Presumably if a female welcomes the advances of a male, just go somewhere and do it in private--no need for any assault to take place.

Are you getting your fallacy here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 06:42 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
^ This sounds like a claim that you are making.

Presumably if a female welcomes the advances of a male, just go somewhere and do it in private--no need for any assault to take place.

Are you getting your fallacy here?
You are completely ignoring what I actually said and coming up with garbage.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:52 PM

613 posts, read 1,055,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
See what you're siding with, pro-DADT crowd?

Blatant homophobia. Disgusting.
What civil right are being violated. Nobody's saying they cant join just keep ur sex life to ur self. I dont get why they want to join anyway its like the guy who joins then says its against his religion to kill people. ITS THE MILITARY everybody knows how it is before they join. I'm not a homophobe I just disagree with their lifestyle its like if a drug dealer moves in next to me and I dont want him there its my fault I dont want to be around that lifestyle.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I wonder how The Family Research Council did the research on this.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:08 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I wonder how The Family Research Council did the research on this.

LOL

Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Oy.....

1) I don't "claim" anything and I had no "point" to make. I read the article and was commenting on it, since I figured there would be plenty of people posting who did not read the article in full and would jump in with their own silly comments. (I was right about that.)

2) The article cites facts figures available on public records held by the Pentagon. There is a link in the article to the Pentagon report.

3) The assaults that were homosexual in nature were almost totally male-on-male. (A few female-on-female assaults were reported.) These were 8.2% of the reported assaults.

4) Presumably, the male-on-male assaults would be homosexual-on-straight and that's why it would get reported. If a male welcomes the advances of another male, just go somewhere and do it in private--no need for any assault to take place.

5) The heterosexual rape assaults were male-on-female. That's what takes these assaults out of the category of "homosexual assault" and puts it into the category of "heterosexual assault". These were 91.8% of the reported assaults.

Is it clear now? If not, read the article and click on the links provided to read the actual Pentagon report.

To address the question you asked--why the need for heterosexual assault? Why is there a "need" for any kind of sexual assault? It's something that just happens.
Oh it's clear. We need a DADT rule for gender too, obviously, since 91.8% of the assaults were male-to-female. Better get those girls some buzzcuts and fake mustaches.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:30 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
oh it's clear. We need a dadt rule for gender too, obviously, since 91.8% of the assaults were male-to-female. Better get those girls some buzzcuts and fake mustaches.

no because girlz don't shower with boyz don't u c all the gay boyz will be staring at str8 dong omg omg omg. Because like 90% of army life is spent in the shower, u no?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:50 AM

3 posts, read 2,327 times
IT'S DON'T Ask Don't Tell, Don't Harass. I THINK MOST PEOPLE Forget about the last part, the Rule was put in effect not to discourage Gays, just to protect them from Harassment that they may receive from Straight Military members. Don't Tell and Don't ask a person Sexual orintation and you will not have a problem that's the idea with the US Military.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:01 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I am a republican and I am not a lunatic. I believe IN gay marriage and I believe that gays should be able to serve openly in the military. Just because some lunatics are republican does not mean every republican is a lunatic.
Only 5 House Republicans voted in favor of the repeal.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Young peopel all have raging ormones and they 'ALL' want to have sex ! Only difference is when the women do it, they scream rape and the men pay . Some do it to get out of war ,others get caught and place blame on men . The woman gets a check for life claiming stress and the young man gets his rep ruined for life .
Words can't describe....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies