Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 03:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
The majority of the deployed females that get pregnant are doing it so they can redeploy. This tactic was perfected in Desert Storm.
Well, they didn't get pregnant alone --- and I doubt they had help from anyone from the gay tent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 03:27 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
I spent 21 yrs on active duty as a Cav Scout, deployed to 3 separate conflicts, been shot at and missed, shot at and hit, held dying soldiers in my arms, and would do it all over again just if asked. I was doing these things when you were probably learning to punch the clown in jr. high.
What have you done for your country, hero? Mooch off the system, complain, and cheat on your taxes likely. You're just another punk with a computer.
Grow some nuts if you're able and join up when they allow your kind to openly serve. I don't think you'll get the reception you're hoping for.

Save it Captain Oblivious.

You're military service does not automatically entitle you to respect or to be righteously indignant, especially when you seem to not have any common decency or respect for the gay men and women you serve with.

The "I served and you didn't" card is about as useful on me as the race card. The last refuge of those with no other argument. You don't get a pass for being small minded because you were in the military.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:34 PM

138 posts, read 165,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Save it Captain Oblivious.

You're military service does not automatically entitle you to respect or to be righteously indignant, especially when you seem to not have any common decency or respect for the gay men and women you serve with.

The "I served and you didn't" card is about as useful on me as the race card. The last refuge of those with no other argument. You don't get a pass for being small minded because you were in the military.
I'm not trying to get a pass, high speed. I draw a pretty hefty check every month and that's more than enough for me.
It's obvious I'm more qualified than you to make judgement on this matter. I've been there, done that. At the very least, if Nobama wants to modify, he should do it in peacetime.
What are your qualifications, besides having a loud mouth? None I'm betting.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:44 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to get a pass, high speed. I draw a pretty hefty check every month and that's more than enough for me.
It's obvious I'm more qualified than you to make judgement on this matter. I've been there, done that. At the very least, if Nobama wants to modify, he should do it in peacetime.
What are your qualifications, besides having a loud mouth? None I'm betting.

You're not qualified for jack besides giving us the perspective of a grown ass man with obvious sexuality fear and panic issues. Not all in the army support your position. The smarter ones realize that the rest of the first world militaries have advanced well beyond such trivialties.

And sorry, but I'm not impressed with either your a) hefty paycheck, or b) myopic worldview that obviously was never broadened despite your service in foreign locales.

When desperately needed army translators are FIRED in "war time" because they are gay, there is something wrong with both the system, and the thought processes of those running the show.

Any soldier who is not mature enough or intelligent enough to serve next to someone who happens to have a different sexual taste can do something else with their lives.

Your'e right though... I haven't been to war, so maybe I just assumed most soldiers don't get horny when getting shot at, so maybe I thought it wouldn't be an issue. Maybe I'm wrong... or maybe that is, again, a personal issue you're trying to project on the rest of your comrades.

The army works for ALL of America. That means ALL Americans of every race, ethnicity, sex, and yes, sexuality. Deal with it.

BTW, Alexander the Great conquered half the known Classical World and was bisexual. They were enough of men, however, to see their fellow soldiers as comrades in arms, and not sit around worried like a little girl that they were going to get raped!

Last edited by TriMT7; 05-28-2010 at 03:53 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 03:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
It's obvious I'm more qualified than you to make judgement on this matter.
Now if we are to compare your self ascribed military career to that of Admiral Mullen or Gen Petraeus whose military records we can be easily verified, I would have to argue that your opinion is no more valid, or invalid than any other anonymous poster on an internet forum.

So absent verifiable bona fides, I am only left with the question, what soes being a bigot qualifies one for other than being a bigot?

Old 05-28-2010, 03:47 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
I spent 21 yrs on active duty as a Cav Scout, deployed to 3 separate conflicts, been shot at and missed, shot at and hit, held dying soldiers in my arms, and would do it all over again just if asked. I was doing these things when you were probably learning to punch the clown in jr. high.
And you only made Captain?

Old 05-28-2010, 03:52 PM

138 posts, read 165,416 times
So which how many of you are going to join now that the military will be friendly for you? None, that's right. Because all of you making noise are just simple loud mouths, the kind that won't look a person in the eye but likes to mouth off when you know you can get away with it.
And one of you needs to show me a poll that was conducted with enlisted personnel, not some liberal crap from msnbc.
BTW, stop cheating on your taxes. I'm expecting a pay raise at the end of the year lol

Old 05-28-2010, 03:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
So which how many of you are going to join now that the military will be friendly for you?
Oh, spare us the Col Jessup wind ups.

It is estimated that more than 65,000 gays currently serve in the military. There has not been any reluctance on the parts of gays to serve their country despite policies which require them to live a lie and is hostile to their sexual orientation.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
So which how many of you are going to join now that the military will be friendly for you?
Been there. Done that. Got the railroad tracks.

And it didn't take me 21 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious
None, that's right. Because all of you making noise are just simple loud mouths, the kind that won't look a person in the eye but likes to mouth off when you know you can get away with it.
Says the anonymous guy on the Internet forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious
And one of you needs to show me a poll that was conducted with enlisted personnel, not some liberal crap from msnbc.
Aaaah.. So it's really not "Cpt Obvious" after all?

Cpl Obvious maybe?

Old 05-28-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It is estimated that more than 65,000 gays currently serve in the military. There has not been any reluctance on the parts of gays to serve their country despite policies which require them to live a lie and is hostile to their sexual orientation.
You will also find them buried in every military cemetery from Gettysburg to Normandy.

It's Memorial Day weekend. Honor them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies