Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:25 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes, we know those are the rules, but it doesn't make it right.
I haven't commented anywhere on either the "rightness" or "wrongness" of the rule......Only that until that rule is changed, that's just the way it is. If anyone wants to have any effect--either for or against--write and call your senators to tell them to vote the way you want them vote on the issue. That's the sensible thing to do, at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
sexual gratification ( male orgasm) is just a side effect ?

Never heard of any male having an orgasm during a murder, armed robbery, assault, etc.
Ok (sighs) Lets try this again, A rapist goal is not to have an orgasm his (or her) reason is to have POWER/CONTROL over another person, sex is just a way to do it. There are instances were rapist never reach orgasm.

A another example would be a woman with a strap on, penetrating another woman or even a man. They may have an orgasm but that is more likely contributed to the power/control aspect of the act.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:27 PM

218 posts, read 239,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And don't forget, this is an important part of the base of today's Republican Party. They're lunatics.
I am learning something about you. You are nothing but a political hack who doesn't care about gay rights. You place party before principles. As long as Republicans are made out to be the bad guys, you could care less about gay rights. I have never seen you spoke about the absurd position that Dems takes.

Here is what the Dems think about gay rights.

In a second round of civil disobedience at the White House organized by the grassroots group GetEQUAL, six LGBT service members were arrested after handcuffing themselves to the perimeter fence Tuesday afternoon to protest “don’t ask, don’t tell.”

DADT Protesters Arrested at White House | News | Advocate.com

Old 06-02-2010, 03:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
From the Pentagon Report. A link to that report is in the FRC article.
I've read the Dept of Defence Fiscal Year 2009 Annual report on Sexual Assault in the Military. And I've also looked at the other "sources" the FRC have cited to make their claims.

Sprigg (a known extremist anti-gay campaigner) from FRC draws his conclusions based purely on his own prejudice and bigotry plus the misrepresentation of figures from an 18 year old survey. Typical stuff from these anti-gay lobby groups.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I've read the Dept of Defence Fiscal Year 2009 Annual report on Sexual Assault in the Military. And I've also looked at the other "sources" the FRC have cited to make their claims.

Sprigg (a known extremist anti-gay campaigner) from FRC draws his conclusions based purely on his own prejudice and bigotry plus the misrepresentation of figures from an 18 year old survey. Typical stuff from these anti-gay lobby groups.

Don't know where you got your information about an 18 year old survey but just to set the record straight, here are the most recent stats and this information is from the report you reference above.

Quote:
This year 2670 military victims reported sexual assault, which reflects an 11 percent increase in reporting from FY08
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/seagrape/rapechart.jpg (broken link)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/seagrape/rapechart2.jpg (broken link)

These pie charts represent only the reported unrestricted sexual assaults. (Unrestricted means the victim has given permission to prosecute the perpetrators.) The actual number of sexual assaults that take place is unknown as most go unreported.

Are there male victims? Yes. Eleven percent of the victims were male.

What is the sexual orientation of the perpetrators of those committing sexual assault (all forms) upon men? Unknown.

Is it reasonable to assume that a portion of the sexual assaults on the men were perpetrated by heterosexuals? Yes.

Is it reasonable to assume that a portion of the sexual assaults on the men were perpetrated by homosexuals? Yes.

Is Sprigg anti-homosexual? Yes.

Does Sprigg have an agenda? Yes.

Does that negate the fact that sexual assaults on men occurs in the military? No.

Is Sprigg correct when he asserts that the incidence of sexual assaults by homosexuals will rise if DADT is repealed? Impossible to either confirm or disprove.

Do CD members condemn forcible heterosexual sexual assault? Yes, across the board.

Do any CD members condemn forcible homosexual sexual assault? Yes and by doing so they risk being called a "homophobe".

Do the self-identified homosexuals here on CD go on record and condemn forcible homosexual sexual assault? Not that I've seen. Instead, deflection to the greater numbers of heterosexual sexual assaults is more the norm.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
sexual gratification ( male orgasm) is just a side effect ?

Never heard of any male having an orgasm during a murder, armed robbery, assault, etc.
Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Quote:
And don't forget, this is an important part of the base of today's Republican Party. They're lunatics.

Â*FRC: DADT Repeal Will Increase Gay Rape | News | Advocate.com
lol! The FRC is nothing short of nuts. They played "chicken little" when Colorado passed an anti discrimination law for gay people a couple years ago, claiming that men in dresses would be praying on little girls in public restrooms. Surprisingly, that hasn't happend

As a gay man who was in the military, I can assure the FRC that DADT wasn't the reason why I didn't rape heterosexual men! Actually, that's incredibly insulting. They're assuming that gay men are all rapists.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:31 AM

628 posts, read 1,316,262 times
I think what a lot of people are missing here is that the repeal of DADT will merely mean that an openly gay person will no longer be discharged from the military, HOWEVER, being caught engaging in homosexual activity at any time would still be grounds for court marshall

Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,368 times
Quote:

Â*FRC: DADT Repeal Will Increase Gay Rape | News | Advocate.com

Yes, that's what it is

Haven't you heard about the brutal Gay Gangs who run amuck through our streets and our military?

Yeah, they break into your home, they ass rape you, they re-decorate your home with flamboyant color schemes and then do show tunes as further torture; before leaving.

Oh brother

What was the Family Research Council researching? The hands on effects of eating paint chips and sniffing glue?

Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
You bring up and interesting and little discussed point here--that of sexual arousal in men when the adrenaline rush is on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies