Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 01:55 PM

683 posts, read 428,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Just out of curiosity….why do whites ONLY focus on slavery? Answer: Because it happened long enough ago where all the masters and slaves are dead and gone. NEVER, do you hear whites mention the 100 year period of racial apartheid that followed slavery, known as Jim Crow. Why? Answer: It’s due to the fact that there are millions of people alive today who were the victims and perpetrators of this system.

Whites seem to only be willing to admit wrongs when all the people involved directly in the wrongs are dead and gone. That way no one (meaning whites) can be held responsible. Fifty years from now whites will be saying that Jim Crow ended long ago and it was terrible but everyone is dead and gone now…so no one can be held accountable. Classic. It’s just like MLK….hated when he was alive and only respected in his death. If he were still alive…they would treat him the same way as they treat Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.
You didn't live through slavery or Jim Crow, you're not one of those people today who were victims. If MLK were alive today he would laugh at people like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 01:55 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times
I'm offended at how unfunny those Hallmark cards are in general.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
The NAACP claims had nothing to do with slavery. My claims did not metion slavery. I mentioned racial OPPRESSION and white supremacy.
You're not and have never been racially oppressed and there is no such thing as white supremacy, get over it and actually do something with your life instead of living this victim lifestyle always trying to blame your failures on other, usually white, people.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Who says he is not doing anything with his life?

Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,860,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Does anyone remember when, someone, some mayor, used the word *****rdly? I think he was talking about some financial matter. That was national news.
*****rdly is an adjective, do describe spending habits

it is no more offensive than the hallmark card

IS' and NAACP's ignorant racism is much more offensive than any of the above.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:04 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
And so what qualifies another to be the arbiter of what offends blacks? The fact that you are not offending by “white labels” means what? Are you using what white people do as the TEMPLATE for all that is right and good? Why do you assume what whites do or do not do as the “Standard” for validity?
The only qualification that counts is the intent. There was no racist intent to the greeting card. If you see racism, that's on you. Tough. Get a grip. Get a job. Be somebody.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:04 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
You're not and have never been racially oppressed and there is no such thing as white supremacy, get over it and actually do something with your life instead of living this victim lifestyle always trying to blame your failures on other, usually white, people.
Yes...and your "whiteness" gives you Omnipotence to know my stature and experiences as a black man in America.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yes...and your "whiteness" gives you Omnipotence to know my stature and experiences as a black man in America.
No, a history book and a calendar gave me all the info I need to know that you're not and have never been a slave or racially oppressed by white people no matter how much you lie about it. Thanks for spell checking those big words though, I appreciate that a lot!

Old 06-04-2010, 02:07 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
The NAACP claims had nothing to do with slavery. My claims did not metion slavery. I mentioned racial OPPRESSION and white supremacy.
Damn those oppressive greeting cards!

Old 06-04-2010, 02:08 PM

"Be not the slave to your past"

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies