Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Aside from the fact that you can't spell to save your life, you also can't keep anything in logical order or in context.

Your great great great grand daughter shouldn't be affected because you did or did not vote for GWB but then again I would hope she would be educated enough to see that what GWB did 75 - 100 years ago to her great great great grandfather shouldn't control how she lives her life nor should it create a victim mentality for her children.
Maybe...maybe not. Have you ever heard of the butterfly effect? A chain reaction of events can radically alter the future from a single event at a moment in time. That is true notwithstanding whether it is spelled correctly or not....lol?

Aside from the obvious hyperbole of your example....the fact that my parents were share croppers in the Mississipi Delta, under Jim crow segregation, did impact my life. When they birthed me....I inherited their socioeconomic status, culture, beliefs..ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
And neither have you, since I sincerely doubt you were enslaved.

I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist, I'm just saying that people take race issues way too far.

The idiotic outrage over this card is mere proof of this.
No one is talking about slavery. I am saying that you are not part of a historically denigrated race of people in this country. You have not existed in a nation under the doctrine of white inferiority to some "higher" race of people. So....again....you are not qualified to say what black people should or should not be sensative about.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:11 PM

683 posts, read 428,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You have not existed in a nation under the doctrine of white inferiority to some "higher" race of people. So....again....you are not qualified to say what black people should or should not be sensative about.
Neither have you.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:12 PM

75 posts, read 60,393 times
Quote:
So....again....you are not qualified to say what black people should or should not be sensative about.
Neither are you.
You're not the leader of the black people.
I'm quite certain everybody is responsible for their own beliefs, and nobody is qualified to tell ANYBODY what they should think.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:14 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
From now on, black holes will be referred to as African American holes, and dark matter is called African American matter.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Neither have you.
I am 45 years old. I was born when racial segregation, as law, was alive and well. I exist currently in a nation where white folks like you feel supreme enough to tell black people what is right and wrong...with us and for us....as if we cannot and have not figured that out for ourselves.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
From now on, black holes will be referred to as African American holes, and dark matter is called African American matter.
Wouldn't that be offensive to black people that aren't African?
To quote an ex-coworker "If you call me African-American, I'm gonna slap you. I'm Jamaican, not African."

Old 06-04-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I am 45 years old. I was born when racial segregation, as law, was alive and well. I exist currently in a nation where white folks like you feel suprem enough to tell black people what is right and wrong....as if we cannot figure that out for ourselves.
Apparently you can't figure it out for yourself, because you're still running around crying about the nasty white people that never wronged you because of what people who weren't them did.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:20 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Brilliant View Post
Wouldn't that be offensive to black people that aren't African?
To quote an ex-coworker "If you call me African-American, I'm gonna slap you. I'm Jamaican, not African."
I see you used the word "black." That's racist. Stop using that word.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I see you used the word "black." That's racist. Stop using that word.
Persons of a dark skin pigmentation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies