Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,713,621 times

Advertisements

She recklessly gave birth to 14 children she could in no way provide for. Matters not if she is married, straight or Martian. She used a junkie rationale, that everyone else would have to carry the weight of her burden while she had her way...

From the source, as reported:

She lied to her parents, withholding the monies she was awarded for her injury and allowing THEM to cover all her household expenses.

She spent the money on fertility treatments while claiming she was so badly injured as to be unable to work...yet she can carry several pregnancies.

She defrauded school loans by using the funds for things other than educational expenses.

What source she utilized for the new face has not yet been disclosed.

Pursuing a Masters Degree? With what money? She is already greatly indebted. And, just an aside, stating an intent is not the same as actually completing the task.

She accepts food stamps and benefits for her children, begs for donations and yet spends foolishly on cosmetics at high-end retailers...lets her mother struggle and ultimately lose the house they live in.

She willingly chose to be implanted with 6 fertilized eggs, knowing that there was a good chance they could all be viable pregnancies.

She has no way to pay back the medical expenses being incurred for the care of her children. She knew that long before now.

She has a right to choose...but no right to expect anyone else to have to pay for her decision.

Last edited by 33458; 02-26-2009 at 02:31 AM..

Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,872,820 times
Default Has Anyone Commented on the Octuplets Website?

Unfortunately, I think that the subject of the Octuplets is going to be a sore spot for a very long time. I also think that had the economy issues not been so severe that this woman may have been hot news in a good way just like all the other multiple births are. Although I do NOT agree with what she or the doctor who implanted the six embryos did, these babies are here. It is not their fault that their Mom is a tad daffy and that in her mind what she did was sane. Dr. Phil did an interview with her yesterday and is again on today at 9:00 am on the East Coast interviewing her again. Yesterday she told Dr. Phil that if she had not had all six embryos implanted, she would have paid to store them FOREVER. She truly feels in her mind that these were living human beings long before she had them implanted in her.

Ok, so now she has a website asking for donations. Think about it...even if you all were to give $1.00 per child, that would only be a $14.00 donation at this point. Not a lot of money considering that there are foreign countries who through Save the Children get money for their poor children all the time. Will I donate, I am not sure just yet. I want to hear the second half of the Dr. Phil interview today before I make a decision. More than likely I will...again, it is not the fault of these kids.

From what I saw yesterday, the Mother of these kids has some serious problems. First and foremost, I feel she is addicted to being pregnant. Why, I don't know as it can be one of the most uncomfortable physical conditions ever, i.e., swollen feet, swollen hands, running to the bathroom constantly, backache, moodiness. Not pleasant. This alone makes me wonder where her head is.

The devastating effect this has all had on her parents makes me feel that she has to be the most selfish person on the face of this earth and if I were to donate money, how could I be sure it wasn't going to go for a pedicure or manicure instead of formula and diapers? Is someone besides her going to manage the money? After seeing her Dad on Oprah, it probably should be him. He is a smart man who absolutely won my heart.

Well, yall do what you feel is right in your hearts but don't forget the kids. Be sure to find out who is going to manage her money before you turn loose of any of yours.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:35 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,487,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Unfortunately, I think that the subject of the Octuplets is going to be a sore spot for a very long time. I also think that had the economy issues not been so severe that this woman may have been hot news in a good way just like all the other multiple births are. Although I do NOT agree with what she or the doctor who implanted the six embryos did, these babies are here. It is not their fault that their Mom is a tad daffy and that in her mind what she did was sane. Dr. Phil did an interview with her yesterday and is again on today at 9:00 am on the East Coast interviewing her again. Yesterday she told Dr. Phil that if she had not had all six embryos implanted, she would have paid to store them FOREVER. She truly feels in her mind that these were living human beings long before she had them implanted in her.

Ok, so now she has a website asking for donations. Think about it...even if you all were to give $1.00 per child, that would only be a $14.00 donation at this point. Not a lot of money considering that there are foreign countries who through Save the Children get money for their poor children all the time. Will I donate, I am not sure just yet. I want to hear the second half of the Dr. Phil interview today before I make a decision. More than likely I will...again, it is not the fault of these kids.

From what I saw yesterday, the Mother of these kids has some serious problems. First and foremost, I feel she is addicted to being pregnant. Why, I don't know as it can be one of the most uncomfortable physical conditions ever, i.e., swollen feet, swollen hands, running to the bathroom constantly, backache, moodiness. Not pleasant. This alone makes me wonder where her head is.

The devastating effect this has all had on her parents makes me feel that she has to be the most selfish person on the face of this earth and if I were to donate money, how could I be sure it wasn't going to go for a pedicure or manicure instead of formula and diapers? Is someone besides her going to manage the money? After seeing her Dad on Oprah, it probably should be him. He is a smart man who absolutely won my heart.

Well, yall do what you feel is right in your hearts but don't forget the kids. Be sure to find out who is going to manage her money before you turn loose of any of yours.
The problem is if you donate, you have no clue what the money will REALLY be used for. It could be used to fund the next series of implants (and yes I guarantee she could find a publicity-craving doctor who was crazy enough to agree). It could be used to fund more cosmetic surgeries.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:11 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,303,497 times
I don't get all the venom against this woman. Yes, it is an unfortunate circumstance and her children have quite a tough road ahead of them. What is so bad about donations? I hear people calling for boycotting companies who help her out. If they are providing diapers and clothes for the babies why should they be boycotted? It's not like Gucci is giving her free designer outfits.

Some people have children for the wrong reasons. This woman happened to do it and have it laid out for the world to see. I'll be happy when I don't have to hear about this lady anymore.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:12 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,487,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I don't get all the venom against this woman. Yes, it is an unfortunate circumstance and her children have quite a tough road ahead of them. What is so bad about donations? I hear people calling for boycotting companies who help her out. If they are providing diapers and clothes for the babies why should they be boycotted? It's not like Gucci is giving her free designer outfits.

Some people have children for the wrong reasons. This woman happened to do it and have it laid out for the world to see. I'll be happy when I don't have to hear about this lady anymore.
I agree with providing diapers and baby clothes...but NOT money.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:55 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,928,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Maybe for you, but for a lot of women there's no problem. In fact, I felt really damned good both times I was pregnant. Never had a day of morning sickness, no swelling, no moodiness...nothing that you mention. Never felt better.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,210,919 times
What revolts me the MOST is the "in your face" attitude that Nadya Suleman seems to display. It's like, "I'll do whatever the h*ll I d*mn well please and you can just get over it." I have a feeling that this is how it's been for her her entire life. Her parents let her get away with so many things (this is apparent), never letting her pay the consequences. For those that don't believe that she thinks like this, watch the video with her and her mom. She tells her mom to "let it go, let it go."

From what I understand, each time she was pregnant with a baby, she hid it from the parents (is this a teen-ager or a grown woman?), she lied and said they were tumors, then when the lie couldn't be contained anymore, she admitted she was pregnant. When do the lies end? How does anyone know when she's lying or telling the truth?

And if you don't like her methods, guess what? YOU'RE the idiot, you're the nut, YOU'RE being judgmental. All that matters is "fork over that money, let me live in your house for free, take care of my children, and shut the heck up. This is MY life, this is MY business, everyone else just be on the stand-by when I need you as my own personal ATM."

Is this a woman or a child at a grocery store that throws themselves on the ground and has a fit when you don't buy them their favorite cereal or cookies?

Yes, like many others here, I am extremely concerned about the health and welfare of the kids, of course, we all are. Children are innocent; they rely on others to raise them, that's why they are children and not adults. However, the things that their mom has done, the kind of behavior she has displayed, makes me NOT want to reward her.

As a parent myself (along with others who are or aren't parents), I refuse, absolutely refuse, to play patsy or door mat to this woman. Maybe her mother and father have a hard time saying "No" to her, for me, it is very easy to say, "NO!" Normally, I'm a loving and generous person (like many are), but this is where I have to draw the line because quite frankly, I wouldn't be too surprised if there aren't more nutcases in the incubator. By that I mean, other people who are viewing this whole Nadya Suleman thing and saying, "Hey, if we can't beat them, let's join them", let's go get ourselves impregnated with 20 embryos, let's have 10 or 12 or 20 - whatever it takes. I refuse to reward bad behavior. I don't do it for my own children and I certainly refuse to do it for her or anyone else who decides to copycat this situation.

Last edited by Donna7; 02-26-2009 at 10:30 AM..

Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,210,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Maybe for you, but for a lot of women there's no problem. In fact, I felt really damned good both times I was pregnant. Never had a day of morning sickness, no swelling, no moodiness...nothing that you mention. Never felt better.
Me too- I have a large family and have been very healthy during all the pregnancies. Now, may I ask you if you have been receiving disability payments for a bad back like Nadya has? If someone wants to get on here and say how EASY it is being pregnant at the very, very end, with all of the weight up front being counter-balanced by the back and the spine, then they are full of it. How she managed to have 14 children, count them, 14 children, with a back injury that was SO severe that she was left incapacitated/disabled, then she truly is wonder woman. Either that, or Wonder Liar/cheater/scammer.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:46 AM

23,900 posts, read 33,655,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I don't have "venom" for her.. I just don't trust that the kids will even get most of what will be donated.

She seems like the type that would sell stuff to get money to use towards herself. Say I gave her a brand name jacket like from Kimora's line - a jacket that cost close to $100. Do I think she'd let her kids use it? No, it would be on ebay so that she can fund her next "project" whether that be a tummy tuck or hair/nails.

I would feel better about donations if there was a trustee watching what happened with said donations. Now, if she had excess clothes for example they then donated that to single mothers or something, that's fine or if they got sold on ebay to use for something else the kids need, that's ok. I don't trust sending her or her parents anything.

This is due to those pics of her getting nails & video games after the donation site went up.

She's also said she needs to buy a new 15 seater van

Old 02-26-2009, 11:15 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,854,608 times
I heard a nonprofit organization has offered to assist her with caring for the kids. I would suggest donating to that established oragnization if she takes them up on the offer. That way the money will be used for the care of the children and not to possibely fund the mother's need to go out buy expensive non-essentual items.
She has the right to have children, she just didn't act in a resposible way with how she did it or why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy