Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 06:30 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,541,339 times

Advertisements

I heard tonight she had to take her kids and go to hotel because people had said the would kill her or something. Well I wonder if it is because everyday something comes out about this loon. Why would you even think putting a web site up with your childrens pictures is a great thing to do. I also heard that people are calling the state of California complaining that this MOm should not get anything anymore. She had those children by choice and she knew she couldn't pay for them.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,515,165 times
look what she is doing with the donation money
Octomom -- Womb Raider - TMZ.com

Old 02-12-2009, 06:49 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,190,570 times
I might B*tch and moan,and have opinions about this whacked out situation, BUT anyone throwing out death threats REALLY ought to be ashamed...to say or think that horrible of a thought is just as sick and mentally unstable as this mother is appearing to be.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,541,339 times
I agree about the death treats but she knew already people didn't like this , yet she just keeps going with it. She isn't going to get donations from companies I don't think . THis story just isn't heart warming. I guess some people might send her money based on the children. I wouldn't. I hope any money she gets she is reporting this to Social Service because it is income. Although you would already think they would have a welfare case here that she failed to inform before. I wouldn't be surprised if some star right there in her state comes forward and saves her, with a house and nannies and all that.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:05 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,708,333 times
If she goes to a hotel I wonder if she will take her kids though It will also generate more publicity which I suspect is A plus for her sick mind.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:06 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,483,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I might B*tch and moan,and have opinions about this whacked out situation, BUT anyone throwing out death threats REALLY ought to be ashamed...to say or think that horrible of a thought is just as sick and mentally unstable as this mother is appearing to be.
I agree that the death threats are horribly wrong. BUT, you do have to admit she brought all this on herself. She, in a sick way, probably enjoys the added attention of the death threats.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,483,758 times
I love how the website says its her "family" yet it ONLY has the 8. I also like how the biggest picture of all is of her and how they have the little credit card logos right there on the page.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,687,842 times
I wrote them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaindow View Post
Maybe people should contact the Killeen Furtney Group who is the organization who made the website and ask them what is in it for them? I highly doubt they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They are a business after all.

Killeen Furtney Group - Public Relations and Marketing

Old 02-12-2009, 07:43 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,687,842 times
HA! How does a woman with 14 kids - 8 of which are one week old - have the time to go shopping or to play video games?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
look what she is doing with the donation money
Octomom -- Womb Raider - TMZ.com

Old 02-12-2009, 08:26 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,461,961 times
[SIZE=2]It makes me very uncomfortable to realize that excessive language and excessive trashing on this thread comes from some people who are educators.

I try to imagine a teacher whose class has children from multi-siblings family.

Whether the mother gave birth to 20 children every year.
Whether the mother gave birth to twins every year for 10 years.
Whether the mother gave only 4 births to quintiplets 4 years in a row.
Whether the mother gave birth 3 times only, to all 20 children.

Whichever way!

The teacher of her children realizes, of course, that this mother has financial government help. The teacher calling the mother "a nutjob" in every reference is very unsettling for me. Does anyone feel this way?

The kids, whatever poor family they come from, are supposed to be the purpose and the light of the teacher, no?

It would be very unsettling for me if I learned that my daughter's teacher was participating in a berating behavior (of anyone!) on the side.

This is just so incompatible, just like a doctor berating patient's lifestyle in his free time.

Some professions have to uphold some standards in all situations, no? Do no harm?

PS: A mother buying games for her 7- or 5-year-old children could be me or you - that's what mothers of 7- or 5-year-olds do, sooner or later (and no, I don't want to go here into a discussion of appropriateness of video games).
[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy