Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:35 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
CNN last night showed the results of a poll. Would you contribute to the Oct's mom website? The results were 96% said no only 4% said yes
Unfortunately, that 4% is in fact a pretty large number of people and she obviously will be getting plenty of money on the site.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:46 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,518,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
That church that she says is helping her with a new home and people help, issued a statement that they don't even know who she is, and no help was ever offered.

Her lies just have no end.
The mindset of this woman has been figured out. She has more than a few issues. She is also quite aware of some of the things she is doing.

What is quite unsettling is the fact that there is no clear picture how these 14 children will be cared for.

Not sure if you have children,Stormynight, but changing 8 diapers, feeding 8 babies, putting 8 babies down for naps, taking 8 babies to doc appts, and on top of that taking care of 6 other children by yourself is impossible. It can't be done by one person or even this "mother" & her mom.

And if it could, she wouldn't need her mom helping her or her dad or a website or a PR firm.

The bitterness of this situation has nothing to do with the number of babies or that she choose IVF. The fact of the matter is that she did it knowing FULL WELL she had NO income, NO support from a partner, NO job, NO home....

She expects people to help her based on self-righteousness, not appreciation.

She's quite transparent.

But, how are these babies going to be cared for? How about her 6 yr old child? How about the other 5?

She is not a representation of single moms. She is not a representation of a woman who just loves children. She is the representation of what happens when parents enable to dangerous levels & a person that needs mental help does not get it.

In a few years, she may be a danger to her children b/c she is unable to cope with the reality. She's not accepted the reality so when it does come, it is going to come hard. And these babies will no longer be cute, little things in onesies but active toddlers who have lots of personality.

I am sure that if a mental evaluation was taken of her by a good clinical physchiatrist, her emotional level would teeter right around 15-16 if even that high. Her voice inflection also shows it.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:44 AM

I have a feeling that if she IS "quite aware" of what she is doing (and I'm pretty sure that she is)...that would almost negate any possibility that she could be legally insane and therefore she could not be committed to a psych hospital or have a guardian appointed.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:07 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,132,546 times
are we takin bets on whether or not this 'breeding farm' will have more?????????????????

Old 02-14-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
are we takin bets on whether or not this 'breeding farm' will have more?????????????????
Well, since she is obviously getting donations, unless she plans to use the money on extensive plastic surgery, I'd bet almost anything that she plans to.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:44 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,686,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
That church that she says is helping her with a new home and people help, issued a statement that they don't even know who she is, and no help was ever offered.

Her lies just have no end.
you have a link?

Old 02-14-2009, 11:45 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,069,278 times
Whatever her plans, she doesn't seem to know how to set limits.

As calculating as she is, my guess is that she did not calculate the outrage that has sprung from the very people she was attempting to manipulate and take advantage of. All of us.

Her publicist keeps insisting (She's been on a number of talk shows this week. I've been well informed) that this wretched woman has had numerous offers for TV, reality shows, book deals, etc.. I laugh every time I hear that. I bet she hasn't had even one offer for anything.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
you have a link?
Hold on, I"ll find it. I read it last night. It was posted on here in one of the threads.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:56 AM

Calvary Chapel Golden Springs | Calvary Chapel Golden Springs: News (http://www.calvarygs.org/news/?news_id=55 - broken link)

Calvary Chapel Golden Springs| Calvary Chapel Golden Springs: News

Can't quite figure out how to do this right, but this is where it is.

From what I understand, this is the church she is so counting on for all this help, including a new home. They have issued a statement that they don't even know her, and have not planned on bailing her out of anything.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,191,969 times
No way in hell would I give money to this woman. I have three children myself, and we decided to stop there. Why on earth should I subsidize a woman who declared bankruptcy with six kids and then went to the fertility doctor for more?

At the same time, I really, really feel sorry for the children. This cannot end well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy