Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 07:01 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,625,905 times

Advertisements

The top 10 RBs are all good, stats don't mean much as it depends on the individual team and how they are using their running back. I get very tired of the stat conversations. It all depends on plays called. Look at the Cowboys guy, he is good and they don't even use him as they should.

I love Eddie Lacy but if someone said you can't have him, you have to take one of the other top 10, Lynch would be good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 07:44 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
tomato / tomaato

unless they are an Andrian Peterson type of back... then it doesn't really matter. Neither Lynch nor Morris are going to carry their teams very far.. those teams rely on great QB play and a strong defense.. well at least the Seahawks do.. you could swap Lynch and Morris and neither team would miss a beat..

Old 12-18-2013, 07:53 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
The problem with that statement is Marshawn Lynch is going to the playoffs and Alfred Morris isn't. Now which would you rather have on your team?
What does that have to do with anything? Tony Gonzalez isn't going to the playoffs either. So would you take Brent Celek over him? The Lions very well may miss the playoffs. So would you take Desean Jackson over Megatron?

Your comment seems to imply that Marshawn Lynch got his team to the playoffs whereas Morris couldn't therefore making Lynch the more valuable RB. But that kinda glosses over the reality that there are a number of other positions on both sides of the ball that matter as much if not more than the RB position, no?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
The top 10 RBs are all good, stats don't mean much as it depends on the individual team and how they are using their running back. I get very tired of the stat conversations. It all depends on plays called. Look at the Cowboys guy, he is good and they don't even use him as they should.

I love Eddie Lacy but if someone said you can't have him, you have to take one of the other top 10, Lynch would be good!
Stats mean a whole lot because your job as a RB is to move the chains. The NFL is a "What have you done for me lately" League. That's especially the case if you're a RB. The average RB only lasts about three seasons so it's not like the NBA where a player has several seasons for his "potential" to be realized. The Jerome Bettises and Curtis Martins--who are fortunate enough to play 10+ NFL seasons--are the exceptions. RBs need to come into the League and get it going pretty quickly.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:02 AM

6,239 posts, read 3,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Tony Gonzalez isn't going to the playoffs either. So would you take Brent Celek over him? The Lions very well may miss the playoffs. So would you take Desean Jackson over Megatron?

Your comment seems to imply that Marshawn Lynch got his team to the playoffs whereas Morris couldn't therefore making Lynch the more valuable RB. But that kinda glosses over the reality that there are a number of other positions on both sides of the ball that matter as much if not more than the RB position, no?
Yes I would rather have Lynch over even Peterson. I am not sure Tony Gonzalez has ever helped a team to the Super Bowl, has he?

Now your comment about 'Megatron'. I watched the game the other day between Detroit and Baltimore and after watching Johnson drop so many easy passes I just might take Jackson or even Tate over him.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Yes I would rather have Lynch over even Peterson. I am not sure Tony Gonzalez has ever helped a team to the Super Bowl, has he?
That's because Tony Gonzalez played on a number of mediocre to horrible teams. You can't blame a Tight End who only gets thrown to a handful of times per game for the failures of an entire team. What type of sense does that make?

Quote:
Now your comment about 'Megatron'. I watched the game the other day between Detroit and Baltimore and after watching Johnson drop so many easy passes I just might take Jackson or even Tate over him.
And on that note...

Old 12-18-2013, 02:14 PM

6,239 posts, read 3,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's because Tony Gonzalez played on a number of mediocre to horrible teams. You can't blame a Tight End who only gets thrown to a handful of times per game for the failures of an entire team. What type of sense does that make?
Atlanta last year was a mediocre or horrible? I stand corrected.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:29 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,604,857 times
Quote:
Neither has Lynch... or anyone else for that matter.

At the end of the day Pete Carroll is still a barely above .500 lifetime NFL coach who has never advanced past the divisional round of the playoffs.

*yawn*

Old 12-19-2013, 02:12 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,885,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post

At the end of the day Pete Carroll is still a barely above .500 lifetime NFL coach who has never advanced past the divisional round of the playoffs.

*yawn*
Most of your posts are Yawn

Old 12-19-2013, 06:11 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,466,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post

*yawn*
He's well above .500 in Seattle. Time will tell how far he can get the Hawks this year but anything less than the SB game would be disappointing given the talent they have on offense and defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football