Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 11:09 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Raiders VS Seahawks would be interesting.
Indeed it would.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:22 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Sunday's game between the Seahawks and Patriots will be interesting. Last I saw the Patriots were favored by 7 or so, but without any running game, a week off, and the Seahawks short week I expect N.E. to win by more than that. Hopefully I'm wrong. Should they meet again in the superbowl, Seattle could have additional players back from injury and Wilson back to 100% strength. He looked a lot better Monday but is still not as mobile as usual.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:58 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
seahawks vs patriots for this super bowl
Nooo! That would be like Hillary vs Trump all over again. NFL fans deserve better.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:00 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
I'm going to the game Sunday night. We'll see how the Patriots and Seahawks look at the midway point of the season.

As of right now, I'd say Pats v Dallas. If Dallas brings back Romo then I'll change my NFC pick.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
this is not a prediction, but rather a hope, i would like to see a cowboys/raiders super bowl. however it is far too early to speculate on super bowl match ups.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:43 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Sunday's game between the Seahawks and Patriots will be interesting. Last I saw the Patriots were favored by 7 or so, but without any running game, a week off, and the Seahawks short week I expect N.E. to win by more than that. Hopefully I'm wrong. Should they meet again in the superbowl, Seattle could have additional players back from injury and Wilson back to 100% strength. He looked a lot better Monday but is still not as mobile as usual.
You can't seriously believe the Patriots will win by blowout. Let me tell you something, it's not gonna happen. The Patriots winning is very likely and not at all surprising should it happen, but even saying they win by 10 is a stretch. From 2012 to now (that's 4.5 seasons of football), the Seahawks have lost by 10 or more points exactly ONE TIME--a 27-17 loss to the Packers in Week 2, 2015. That's 20 regular season losses, and 3 postseason losses in that time span, ONE double digit loss, just barely. Think about that for a second...

That seven-point spread is what surprises here, and indeed if New England runs away with it, it would be a master shock. Pete Carroll is an elite coach, Russell Wilson is an elite quarterback, that defense has slipped and yet you still have to say there are amongst the elite defenses in the entire league. This team comes to play, fights to the 0:00, and does not lose easily. This should be a hell of a game. I'm rooting for Seattle, wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots win of course, but I expect to see the Patriots have to work harder than they have all year to grab a W here...

Will be close. The Patriots will not win by "more than 7"...

Old 11-11-2016, 02:52 PM

578 posts, read 458,308 times
Seattle has all the motivation,espically being the underdawgs remember the superbowl against denver?EVERYONE(yes including me) THOUGHT denver would not only win,but blow seahawks out and look at what happened. Defense wins games,and for everyone to say patroits will blow seahawks is disrespectful to the seawhawks and peter caroll. Have you guys forgotten seahawks been to the superbowl two years in a row?They should have WON against patroits during that superbowl.Their defense looks hungry, at the same time patroits are diffucult to beat but if history hasn't shown us elite defense can take down a elite offense/team. I believe it be a close game for both teams,I WANT seawhawks to win,if they do loose i think it be by a field goal. But I do think seahawks will beat patroits by a field goal.

Seawhawks 26 - Patroits 23

Hopefully I'm right I also got money on this game

Old 11-11-2016, 03:22 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Seattle has all the motivation,espically being the underdawgs remember the superbowl against denver?EVERYONE(yes including me) THOUGHT denver would not only win,but blow seahawks out and look at what happened. Defense wins games,and for everyone to say patroits will blow seahawks is disrespectful to the seawhawks and peter caroll. Have you guys forgotten seahawks been to the superbowl two years in a row?They should have WON against patroits during that superbowl.Their defense looks hungry, at the same time patroits are diffucult to beat but if history hasn't shown us elite defense can take down a elite offense/team. I believe it be a close game for both teams,I WANT seawhawks to win,if they do loose i think it be by a field goal. But I do think seahawks will beat patroits by a field goal.

Seawhawks 26 - Patroits 23

Hopefully I'm right I also got money on this game
Shouldn't put money on sports that you only follow casually, as it's clear basketball is your thing. You're not a true football fan, but it's okay...

The Seahawks were back-to-back conference champs, a whole year has passed since then. It does no good to compare them to the team that went to back-to-back Super Bowls. However, I am with you on not underestimating them. I agree with others that Atlanta and Dallas are better right now, but I am very hesitant to pick any NFC team over them in the postseason. One, that defense which is still elite, is missing two key playmakers (Bennett and Chancellor), and should they be back in a playoff game against Atlanta or Dallas, well, good luck to Atlanta or Dallas. This defense at full strength is absolutely terrifying and though they've underachieved and been hit hard with injuries so far, what reason do I have to believe an Atlanta or Dallas offense can make enough plays to beat them?

Two, as I mentioned earlier, this team just doesn't lose easily. I don't care where they venue is, the Seahawks play every game like it's the playoffs. A typical Seahawks loss is in the 3-7 point range, and they've shown an ability many times to get off the mat when trailing early. A fourth quarter lead is really irrelevant with them (unless you have Tom Brady), and they have one of the best quarterbacks in the game themselves. The Seahawks have been hit by injuries to three of their best players this year. A close to healthy Russell Wilson in the playoffs is terrifying to the field, again, unless you have Tom Brady. Close games tend to favor Seattle. I would not pick Atlanta or Dallas over Seattle even if the game was in Atlanta or Dallas. Not yet, anyway. We'll see how the season plays out, but right now, while those teams are better, I do not trust them over Seattle in a win or go home scenario. Seattle is loaded with talent, they are experienced and battle tested, they have killer instinct, and they have proven to be extremely tough to put away, even with teams up by double digits...

If last year's playoff game against the Panthers had a 5th quarter, Carolina was losing...

One double digit loss in 4.5 years. Several comebacks (this year versus Atlanta, who can forget 2014 NFC title game versus Packers, several others). That is amazing, even the Patriots have more than one blowout loss in the last 4.5 years. So I caution against anyone picking against Seattle in the NFC, for now....

Old 11-11-2016, 03:58 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
I'm going with Pats Cowboys at this point, that Dallas O Line and running game is dominant....

As for Seahawks Pats this Sunday, most likely will be close but I would not be surprised to see Pats win by double digits, especially if they have Dion Lewis...

Pats just have too many weapons for the Seahawks whose defense has slipped and is vulnerable in the middle of the field to TE's and receiving backs which is exactly the Pats passing game strength...

Add to that the Hawks recent vulnerability to the run and the Pats running game has been overlooked...Blount has been a beast..

Pats have the 8th ranked rushing offense, Seahawks have the 20th ranked rushing defense

Seahawks also have NO running game currently ranked 30th in the league, means Belichick can ignore the running game and concentrate on taking away Graham...

Lastly look at what the Bills just did to Seattle IN Seattle....430 yards of offense, converted 70% of their third downs....took some late game heroics by the Defense to seal the victory and if not for epic referee screw ups to end the first half Bills would have been kicking a field goal to send that game into OT

How did the Pats do against the Bills IN Buffalo the week before against a division rival, in a game that Rex Ryan built up to be a "must win" game with the season on the line, Pats crushed the Bills...

Pats offense is VASTLY superior to the Bills, will be at home and they have had an extra week to prepare for the Seahawks....Pats I believe are 12-4 after the bye

Close game wouldn't surprise me because these are 2 good teams, but the way the Pats are playing right now if the bye didn't kill their momentum, a blowout wouldn't surprise me either

Seahawks still have a great D but they are entirely one dimensional on offense and a much lesser offense went up and down the field on them less than a week ago at home...

Old 11-12-2016, 05:20 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Seattle is solid but they have some weaknesses. And their defense doesn't seem as dominate as years past.

I do think between Dak and Wilson though, the odds are at least 50-60% that we probably have a black QB starting in the super bowl for the NFC for the 5th consecutive season. That would be pretty cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football