Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 05:28 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I'm going with Pats Cowboys at this point, that Dallas O Line and running game is dominant....

As for Seahawks Pats this Sunday, most likely will be close but I would not be surprised to see Pats win by double digits, especially if they have Dion Lewis...

Pats just have too many weapons for the Seahawks whose defense has slipped and is vulnerable in the middle of the field to TE's and receiving backs which is exactly the Pats passing game strength...

Add to that the Hawks recent vulnerability to the run and the Pats running game has been overlooked...Blount has been a beast..

Pats have the 8th ranked rushing offense, Seahawks have the 20th ranked rushing defense

Seahawks also have NO running game currently ranked 30th in the league, means Belichick can ignore the running game and concentrate on taking away Graham...

Lastly look at what the Bills just did to Seattle IN Seattle....430 yards of offense, converted 70% of their third downs....took some late game heroics by the Defense to seal the victory and if not for epic referee screw ups to end the first half Bills would have been kicking a field goal to send that game into OT

How did the Pats do against the Bills IN Buffalo the week before against a division rival, in a game that Rex Ryan built up to be a "must win" game with the season on the line, Pats crushed the Bills...

Pats offense is VASTLY superior to the Bills, will be at home and they have had an extra week to prepare for the Seahawks....Pats I believe are 12-4 after the bye

Close game wouldn't surprise me because these are 2 good teams, but the way the Pats are playing right now if the bye didn't kill their momentum, a blowout wouldn't surprise me either

Seahawks still have a great D but they are entirely one dimensional on offense and a much lesser offense went up and down the field on them less than a week ago at home...
Bills were without a couple of key offensive skill players in the Pats game. No McCoy and No Goodwin. And I think I recall both Woods and Clay leaving the game at various points with injuries. It was actually surprising to me that the Bills offense managed as many points and yards as they did.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:00 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I know it won't happen this year, but would love to see a Super Bowl rematch between the Raiders and Redskins.
For as long as I can remember, when I think of the Raiders, I think of Al Davis. And his philosophy always was "the vertical game." But the Raiders Sunday night win over Denver was impressive--they gained 219 yards on the ground against the Broncos. Time of possession 41:19 for the Raiders. I've been saying for the last year that they have been improving. They've arrived now! Though they're 14th in the AFC in total defense, they lead the conference in total offense.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:12 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,536 times
I think Seattle comes out of the NFC. Dallas has an outside shot. Let's see how they look in a couple weeks once they're finished going through the AFC North. AFC who knows, maybe New England, maybe Oakland. If Baltimore could actually start living up to their potential on offense, they have an outside shot. So does Pittsburgh.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:02 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,466,964 times
I don't think Seattle is anywhere near a lock for the NFC. They have plenty of weaknesses that other teams can take advantage of, especially in the playoffs. Patriots from the AFC look to be the front runners although I do like the Raiders as well.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:57 PM

I agree Seattle can be a bit of a mess. But they have the 'it' factor. I just think back to their game against Carolina last year when they nearly stormed back. I sure don't trust a rookie QB in Dallas to go all the way (or Romo). Dak did look good today though, had a nice comeback, especially with Zeke by his side.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:05 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Cowboys might surprise everyone. I know how the Steelers are, Ben is great but you have to hand it to the rookie, he kept his cool, made plays. He is impressive and I'm becoming a believer, him over Romo, playoffs included. The NFC will be interesting this year, too early to call and tonight, FGs for Seahawks, Wilson has good moments then not so much.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:03 PM

My issue with Dak (and admittedly, I've only seen him play basically one game) is that rookies always make big mistakes in big moments. Typically they stay in the pocket too long and get strip-sacked. Happened today, but they managed to come back from it. Next week they play Baltimore, and it could be a very similar situation for Dak.

But I am a big fan of Zeke, pending whatever comes out of his domestic violence allegations. Haven't followed that.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:59 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,640,033 times
Holy ****, Seattle has unleashed a brand new weapon tonight, and he's a rookie (CJ Prosise)!

For a few years now on this board, it is rather en vogue to pick against Seattle. They're not my team, but I love watching them play. I think the decline of their defense was massively overstated, and people continue to overlook the greatness of Russell Wilson. Where is everybody who said this would be an easy Patriots win?

This team is too good, too experienced, elite coaching. They don't flinch. Getting Chancellor back tonight was huge. Brady threw his first pick tonight, and obviously the Patriots weren't ready for Prosise. Russell Wilson, 350 yards and 3 touchdowns...

Chancellor was all over the place, player of the game. This defense may not be as dominant as they were in years past, but they STILL come up with the timely turnovers. And their goal line defense is second to nobody in the NFL....

This is the type of win that could propel them. Seattle typically turns it on in the second half of the season anyway. I can't say whether they'll win it all, but I think you guys are crazy if you don't see Seattle as the NFC favorites. This team has won 52 games since '12, the next closest NFC team (Packers) has won 45. The Seattle Seahawks have owned the NFC and there hasn't been a consistent threat to them in 5 years--first it was the Niners and Falcons, then it was the Packers, then it was the Cardinals and Panthers, now it looks like the Cowboys, but no consistent threat has emerged in the NFC in 5 years. I'd love for the Redskins to knock them off, and on the right day maybe they could (any given Sunday!), but the smart money in the NFC is on Seattle. As well as Dallas is playing, and I believe they are legit, it would be an upset for them to beat Seattle in the playoffs, even if it's in Dallas. Smart money would be on the Seahawks...

Good luck to the rest of the NFC. Wilson is clearly getting healthier, they've coached up a new playmaker in Prosise, they've got Chancellor back and will get Bennett back in 2-3 weeks. I'd be very afraid to play this team, especially in a playoff, one-and-done scenario...

Old 11-13-2016, 10:11 PM

578 posts, read 458,991 times
any team that beats patroits means they are gonna win superbowl. And remember dallas has a rookie quarter back,seattle has been running nfc for years much like patroits and manning run afc.

Seattle vs patroits/broncos this year superbowl!

Old 11-13-2016, 10:18 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
any team that beats patroits means they are gonna win superbowl. And remember dallas has a rookie quarter back,seattle has been running nfc for years much like patroits and manning run afc.

Seattle vs patroits/broncos this year superbowl!
Buffalo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football