Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 10:27 PM

578 posts, read 458,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Buffalo?
their record sucks and they beat patroits without brady

if you look at the last few years patroits get beat by elite teams with defense broncos,steelers(past),ravens,seahawks.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:51 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,536 times
So are the only teams that are allowed to win the SB the teams that beat the Pats?

Old 11-14-2016, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
So are the only teams that are allowed to win the SB the teams that beat the Pats?
No but if you look at stats(seriously)pats have been dominating the WHOLE league(6 super bowl appearances) and they are always in the conference championship for years. But if you look at stats espically playoffs or even regular season,when a team beats patroits they usually go on to win superbowl look at last year's denver BOTH regular season and playoffs they beat patroits and eventually won a superbowl. Heck ravens and steelers last super bowl wins who did they go through?Patroits,patroits are a dominate team in the league and seattle(now second) they have shown that to win championship they are the team to beat.This year be no different patroits are gonna most likely be in the conference championship.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:52 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Still too early, there are other teams besides Seattle. Any team can be beat, I favor the Pats for the AFC but we'll see. The NFC, won't give it to Seattle, Cowboys are playing well, too. Seven games to play, could be Seahawks at Dallas for the NFC championship.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:34 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,536 times
The Pats have also had some stinker years in the playoffs. Losing in the first round to the Jets and Ravens. Even if they win a game, they could lose in the AFCCG and the SB winner could be Dallas or someone else in the NFC. There's obviously a good chance the Pats either win the SB or lose to the SB winner, but viewing this as a rule is pretty silly.

Equally ridiculous, I could say the Pats won't win the SB or lose to the SB winner because every 3 years (in years that are one more than a multiple of 3), they lose to teams that don't win the SB. 3 years ago, they lost to Denver who lost to Seattle (and they didn't play Seattle in the regular season); 6 years ago they lost to NYJ, but GB won the SB (in fact, NE beat GB in the regular season).

Old 11-14-2016, 08:30 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
You're right, mid season projections are just that, speculation on current records, way teams are playing. It is mid season and anything can happen, injuries to key players might make a difference, too.

Pats and Pack have been in the playoffs 7 years in a row, the Packers downturn is somewhat of a surprise. Teams are regularly up and down one year to the next.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Pats and Pack have been in the playoffs 7 years in a row, the Packers downturn is somewhat of a surprise. Teams are regularly up and down one year to the next.
Expect for patroits and look at EVERY literay they are in their conference division. And seattle has few been the beast in the west(who has beaten them??)panthers almost lost. And heck now you got broncos.

All those teams are now franchise and favored to win superbowls.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:00 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,395,835 times
My predictions, if the Seahawks make the Super Bowl, is probably, in my opinion, probably Raiders Seahawks because the Raiders have the best record in their conference. I personally wouldn't want to see another horrible Seahawk-Bronco Super Bowl rematch because Denver got beat up horribly.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
My issue with Dak (and admittedly, I've only seen him play basically one game) is that rookies always make big mistakes in big moments. Typically they stay in the pocket too long and get strip-sacked. Happened today, but they managed to come back from it. Next week they play Baltimore, and it could be a very similar situation for Dak.

But I am a big fan of Zeke, pending whatever comes out of his domestic violence allegations. Haven't followed that.
you would think that a team that is 8-1 with a rookie QB just might be an indicator that said rookie QB is performing quite well overall. and by the way, me feeling is that dallas would be 9-0 right now except for a mistake by terrance williams in not getting out of bounds to stop the clock at the end fo the giants game. i think baily could have made a 60 yard field goal.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:26 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,233,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
My predictions, if the Seahawks make the Super Bowl, is probably, in my opinion, probably Raiders Seahawks because the Raiders have the best record in their conference. I personally wouldn't want to see another horrible Seahawk-Bronco Super Bowl rematch because Denver got beat up horribly.
Except the Raiders don't have the best record in the conference, the Patriots do and if the Raiders win Monday they will be tied with the best record in the conference..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football