Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 05:53 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
You say Dallas can be beat by proof of the Redskins games. Okay, but Dallas won both times. Dallas is warning respect simple as that. They have the best record in the league. Won in Green Bay, won in Pittsburgh, beat a good Redskins team twice. They deserve the praise they have gotten IMO.

Any team can be beaten in any day, but that doesn't mean Dallas doesn't deserve the praise they are getting.

Seattle's offense is not nearly the threat that the Redskins offense is IMO. What Seattle gains in defense they lose in offense compared to the Skins.
Lot of other NFL fans are not used to Dallas being a dominant team so most think they will fall off in the playoffs but don't realized Romo is no longer the QB.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Being mobile is good, but the key is smart and mobile. Rodgers runs but much different than he did at first, after he had a concussion or two. He really picks his battles now, does have 3 rushing TDs, more because of a lack of a running game.
I agree. Not running just to be running like Michael Vick, RG3, and Cam Newton, but knowing the right time run like when all the receivers covered and the defense is not paying attention leaving a open lane to the first down.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:03 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Lot of other NFL fans are not used to Dallas being a dominant team so most think they will fall off in the playoffs but don't realized Romo is no longer the QB.
I remember the Cowboys of the Jimmy Johnson era quite well. I've seen this before. At the end of the day, though, what some people are used to is not relevant. The Cowboys are winning and have the best record in the league and they're winning games most would think they should lose with rookies starting at QB & RB.

They're a good team again. It's just that simple.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:25 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
And most times the Seattle defense is average when playing on the road.
Average?

They might not be as insanely good as they are at home but they are far from "average" on the road...

Did they look "average" against the Pats in Foxborough where the Pats almost never lose. That Pats offense is every bit as dynamic if not more so than the Dallas Offense, certainly in the passing game and the Seahawks slowed the Pats offense better than anyone had since Brady's return...

I would still pick the Seahawks even in Dallas but I would at least give Dallas a shot at winning, in Seattle I woudn't even give Dallas a shot

Old 11-25-2016, 08:39 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Average?

They might not be as insanely good as they are at home but they are far from "average" on the road...

Did they look "average" against the Pats in Foxborough where the Pats almost never lose. That Pats offense is every bit as dynamic if not more so than the Dallas Offense, certainly in the passing game and the Seahawks slowed the Pats offense better than anyone had since Brady's return...

I would still pick the Seahawks even in Dallas but I would at least give Dallas a shot at winning, in Seattle I woudn't even give Dallas a shot
I don't think the Cowboys have much of an edge at home.. to be honest they are a better road team and they did beat Seattle in Seattle just 2 seasons ago, when Seattle was far better than they are today...

Old 11-25-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Average?

When a team has a explosive running back and a QB who is mobile and not turnover prone they will always have a shot.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:02 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,637,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Seattle's offense is not nearly the threat that the Redskins offense is IMO. What Seattle gains in defense they lose in offense compared to the Skins.
Boy, are you wrong about this....

The Redskins pile up tons of yardage and move the ball and still have one of the worst red zone offenses in the NFL. Seattle is a more efficient scoring team, but screw that even. That statement you made is outdated and shows a lack of information on the Seattle Seahawks offense as currently constructed, especially since their defense supposedly is worse...

@nfceast, I don't know what Seattle team you're talking about is average on the road. Week 2 at the Rams, Week 4 at the Jets, the epic Week 6 at the Cardinals (the two best defensive performances of 2016 no question), two weeks ago at the Patriots...about the only claim you have is the Saints game, but that is the Number One offense in the NFL as of right now, and Seahawks defense still played valiantly. No help from the offense wore them out at the end...

And this is how you know people on this board regurgitate old narratives and aren't learned on current events. This is why I also said the "demise" of the Seahawks defense has been terribly overstated. Is there really another defense you want on the field in the final minutes? Some might say Denver, and they have a case. That defense is deep, well-coached, a who's who of All-Pros, insanely talented, and probably best of all, they love the biggest moments. They're not afraid of it. They want to be responsible for protecting the lead with 2 minutes left, or swinging the game on a turnover, or winning the game at the goal line. I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse me--I didn't say Dallas "has no shot", but yeah, I'll take my chances with Seattle Seahawks defense over the Dallas Cowboys offense. Today and any day until that defense really starts to decline...

They've slipped from an all-time historic level of dominance, and yet they are still dominant. The games show you the holes that the stats don't fully explain. That defense is still big time and as they showed at Arizona and at New England, they are STILL capable of putting on a clinic or sealing the victory when they need the win the most...

Old 11-25-2016, 09:16 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Boy, are you wrong about this....

The Redskins pile up tons of yardage and move the ball and still have one of the worst red zone offenses in the NFL. Seattle is a more efficient scoring team, but screw that even. That statement you made is outdated and shows a lack of information on the Seattle Seahawks offense as currently constructed, especially since their defense supposedly is worse...

@nfceast, I don't know what Seattle team you're talking about is average on the road. Week 2 at the Rams, Week 4 at the Jets, the epic Week 6 at the Cardinals (the two best defensive performances of 2016 no question), two weeks ago at the Patriots...about the only claim you have is the Saints game, but that is the Number One offense in the NFL as of right now, and Seahawks defense still played valiantly. No help from the offense wore them out at the end...

And this is how you know people on this board regurgitate old narratives and aren't learned on current events. This is why I also said the "demise" of the Seahawks defense has been terribly overstated. Is there really another defense you want on the field in the final minutes? Some might say Denver, and they have a case. That defense is deep, well-coached, a who's who of All-Pros, insanely talented, and probably best of all, they love the biggest moments. They're not afraid of it. They want to be responsible for protecting the lead with 2 minutes left, or swinging the game on a turnover, or winning the game at the goal line. I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse me--I didn't say Dallas "has no shot", but yeah, I'll take my chances with Seattle Seahawks defense over the Dallas Cowboys offense. Today and any day until that defense really starts to decline...

They've slipped from an all-time historic level of dominance, and yet they are still dominant. The games show you the holes that the stats don't fully explain. That defense is still big time and as they showed at Arizona and at New England, they are STILL capable of putting on a clinic or sealing the victory when they need the win the most...
UH.. NO.. just NO!
you make a good argument but when you say stuff like this, it undermines everything else you say.. ALL TIME HISTORIC LEVEL OF DOMINANCE - seriously? Did you watch much football prior to 2010 ???

Old 11-25-2016, 09:30 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,637,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
UH.. NO.. just NO!
you make a good argument but when you say stuff like this, it undermines everything else you say.. ALL TIME HISTORIC LEVEL OF DOMINANCE - seriously? Did you watch much football prior to 2010 ???
So the 2013 Seattle Seahawks team wasn't an all-time defense, even though it's been mentioned on Top 10 lists? Do we really have to go and list accomplishments?

And you do realize that they are closing in on five straight seasons of fewest points allowed? That alone is a historic run of dominance unmatched by anybody besides the '50s Browns....might wanna rethink your assessment...

Old 11-25-2016, 11:23 PM

1,180 posts, read 778,609 times
Brady Revenge Tour 2016.

Patriots.

Show some Boston pride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football