Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 03:14 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times

Advertisements

Unless my home team is involved, I tend to root for big comebacks and underdogs. That's kind of what we got yesterday.

But I agree that the result won't be half as interesting as a couple new entries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 05:50 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Should be a close game. Rather see that than a couple poorly coached teams like Lions and Bills.

Old 01-29-2024, 05:52 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
If you watched Lions games or knew anything about Bagdley, you would know why MC/DC went for it. Lions success rate on 4th is better than Bagdley's kicks from the distances needed by double digits percentage points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Lions loss was almost as soul crushing as the Falcons epic collapse in the Superbowl to me.. The head coaches egos got in the way.

The Lions were literally at 80% conversion on fourth down this year (20 out of 25), which is a staggering conversion rate, so I cannot fault the coach for going for it. It's not like it was 4th and 23 each time. They were all manageable distances but they just didn't convert.

I would have preferred a Lions/Ravens SB, just because the Lions had never been there. Maybe they will get there next year.

Old 01-29-2024, 06:14 PM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
Campbell was really honest about this, " you may not ever get back there".

Look at Joe Burrow when the Bengals had that run a couple of years ago, they added some help to protect Burrow and did not lose any big players and they still took a step back from playoff success. There shot may have passed them up now.

Old 01-29-2024, 07:18 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I can't stand the Chiefs and have no interest in the 49ers. I'm so tired of seeing Maholmes, Travis Swift and the annoying hanger-on-ers that are constantly being show in the luxury boxes cheering them on.

I was hoping to see the Lions in the Superbowl but they choked a big lead and blew it. Dan Campbell should have taken those points in the 3rd instead of playing hero ball. Once they failed to convert on the 4th down conversion the momentum completely shifted. Not to mention that bum wide receiver dropped two crucial passes. Way to go Lions.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Don't watch.

But you will.

Chiefs just beat the 2 hottest teams in the AFC ON THE ROAD and we have to hear whining about Taylor Swift which they briefly showed 3-4 times during a monster Kelce game? Boo freakin' Hoo.

Old 01-29-2024, 07:23 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Unless my home team is involved, I tend to root for big comebacks and underdogs. That's kind of what we got yesterday.

But I agree that the result won't be half as interesting as a couple new entries.
I was rooting for the Lions for their long suffering fan base, but to dismiss Purdy in the same sentence with rooting for underdogs....I think you are missing something.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:01 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I can't stand the Chiefs and have no interest in the 49ers. I'm so tired of seeing Maholmes, Travis Swift and the annoying hanger-on-ers that are constantly being show in the luxury boxes cheering them on.

I was hoping to see the Lions in the Superbowl but they choked a big lead and blew it. Dan Campbell should have taken those points in the 3rd instead of playing hero ball. Once they failed to convert on the 4th down conversion the momentum completely shifted. Not to mention that bum wide receiver dropped two crucial passes. Way to go Lions.
Yep, but he can't help himself. I called him out earlier in the year for his moronic call to go for a 2 pt conversion when the Lions got pushed backed to the 7 vs Dallas and knew he'd pull another dumb move in a big game and this one cost him. You can only play that game so long and at some point it will bite you in the arse. The Niners defense came out hot in the 2nd half. The proper thing to do was kick the FG, but Dan Campbellytic just can't do that.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:03 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
WELP, once again, we have a SUPER BOWL REMATCH (I get to say Super Bowl Rematch one last time this season)

Now this year, we reserved seats at the BAR of our favorite sports bar restaurant and will enjoy all you can eat food, drinks and seeing the CHEFS and the 49ers

The 49ers are a physical smash mouth team. You cannot just bump the running backs and have them go down like in a pro bowl game. You have to hit hard and be persistent Brock Purdy is a good passer

Then there is Andy Reid, Patrick Mahommes and Taylor Swift's Boyfriend on the Chiefs who ALWAYS seem to find a way to win

So Yes, it is going to be a good game.

And even better because there are no Patriots, Buffaloes, Bears, Chargers, Cowboys or Buccaneers involved in it.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,869,118 times
I'm not a Chiefs fan but I'll cheer for anyone who is playing against the 40-Whiners.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:39 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I was rooting for the Lions for their long suffering fan base, but to dismiss Purdy in the same sentence with rooting for underdogs....I think you are missing something.

You read too quickly. I said "comebacks and underdogs." SF had a big comeback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football