Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 08:14 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,957,903 times

Advertisements

Its going to be one heck of a chess match. The Chiefs went in to Baltimore and knew they could not get into a shootout with the Ravens. The old Mahomes would have done so. The 49ers can light up the scoreboard, I wonder how the Chiefs will play the offensive side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2024, 12:09 PM

16,288 posts, read 10,434,651 times
I think this is a great matchup and I look forward to the game. We have the Chiefs who are rapidly climbing the ranks of the greatest teams of all time. Love 'em or hate 'em they are a draw. The Niners have been the best team in the NFC all season, they play an exciting brand of football and are also an excellent team.

What's not to like?

Old 02-01-2024, 04:22 PM

1,992 posts, read 981,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I can't stand the Chiefs and have no interest in the 49ers. I'm so tired of seeing Maholmes, Travis Swift and the annoying hanger-on-ers that are constantly being show in the luxury boxes cheering them on.

I was hoping to see the Lions in the Superbowl but they choked a big lead and blew it. Dan Campbell should have taken those points in the 3rd instead of playing hero ball. Once they failed to convert on the 4th down conversion the momentum completely shifted. Not to mention that bum wide receiver dropped two crucial passes. Way to go Lions.
Crappy Super Bowl? Do you even watch football?

Old 02-01-2024, 05:42 PM

9,182 posts, read 6,222,919 times
This is all the excitement I can take in a day:

Meet the Players of Puppy Bowl XX

"On Sunday, February 11th, these puppies can't wait to show off their moves on the field for PUPPY BOWL XX! Here's the 2024 full player line up from Team Ruff and Team Fluff. Plus, meet the sixteen Starting Line Up players competing for the title of "Most Pupular" in the Pupularity Playoffs.

This PUPPY BOWL will be the biggest yet, featuring 131 puppies, 73 shelters and rescues across 36 states and territories – including the all-time smallest pup, Sweetpea, at 1.7 lbs and the biggest, Levi the Great Dane at 70 lbs.

Will Team Ruff or Team Fluff win the Lombarky trophy? You can watch this feel-good sports competition on Sunday, February 11 at 2P ET/11A PT on Animal Planet."

https://www.discovery.com/shows/pupp...-puppy-bowl-xx

These pups need homes.

Old 02-02-2024, 03:56 AM

The Super Bowl is the only game I watch live all year. Everything else I record and start a little later so I can skip the commercials. But the SB ads are part of the show but they have really fallen off in recent years. 20 years ago they were brilliant, hoping to get back to that level.

Old 02-02-2024, 04:48 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,571,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The Super Bowl is the only game I watch live all year. Everything else I record and start a little later so I can skip the commercials. But the SB ads are part of the show but they have really fallen off in recent years. 20 years ago they were brilliant, hoping to get back to that level.
I don't think they'll ever get back to that level of entertainment now that a lot of the tech companies are placing the ads. The Pepsi and Doritos ads used to be hilarious. And then who could forget the original GoDaddy commercial. Unfortunately those days are gone.

Old 02-02-2024, 08:14 AM

1,992 posts, read 981,048 times
Quote:
Same here. It is exciting to see what they come up with.

Old 02-02-2024, 08:21 AM

22,611 posts, read 47,726,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
I don't think they'll ever get back to that level of entertainment now that a lot of the tech companies are placing the ads. The Pepsi and Doritos ads used to be hilarious. And then who could forget the original GoDaddy commercial. Unfortunately those days are gone.
And the Paramount+ SB ad painfully reinforces that...

Old 02-02-2024, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
The 2000 SB was full of tech ads, this was the big tech boom Super Bowl. The monkey dance ad where it ended with "we just wasted $2 million, what are you doing with your money?" was the highest rated ad fort that Super Bowl So they can make good ads, just like other brands. They are just not nearly as good at it now.

Some off the top of my head which were my favorites:

The Monster add where the kids says "when I grow up I want to claw my way into middle management" was great.

Then of course there was my favorite ad of all time, Terry Tate Office Linebacker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg5cdZ-Fnpc

Old 02-02-2024, 10:56 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,571,162 times
Quote:
The 2000 SB was full of tech ads, this was the big tech boom Super Bowl. The monkey dance ad where it ended with "we just wasted $2 million, what are you doing with your money?" was the highest rated ad fort that Super Bowl So they can make good ads, just like other brands. They are just not nearly as good at it now.

Some off the top of my head which were my favorites:

The Monster add where the kids says "when I grow up I want to claw my way into middle management" was great.

Then of course there was my favorite ad of all time, Terry Tate Office Linebacker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg5cdZ-Fnpc
I remember it well. It was the Ravens/Giants Superbowl and by the time it hit the 3rd quarter, me and everyone at our party were all saying WTF on the commercials. Ratings aside, we weren't the least bit impressed by any of the commercials that year and thought it was the worst ever. I realize the advertisers don't care about anything but that rating, but for us it was not the least bit entertaining.

I don't feel like linking them right now, but my all-time favorites include the Doritos ad in the laundromat, Michael J Fox and the angry dog (Pepsi), Betty White being tackled in a Snickers commercial, and just because it's something that they could never get away with today... The GoDaddy commercial with the stripper. Of course who does not appreciate the Clydesdales and the Bud light commercials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football