Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2017, 03:46 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,974 times

Advertisements

The Steelers come to Arrowhead and this game scares me. The Steelers pantsed the Chiefs twice last year at Arrowhead. With Travis Kelce likely to not play because of concussion protocol the Chiefs will be down a vital cog in their offensive machine. They will also be missing their #2 wide out in Chris Conley as he ruptured his achilies fielding an onside kick late in the Texans game. I know all the talking heads are saying the Steelers are a mess but they just seem to be the Chiefs kryptonite. Its going to take a herculean effort from the Chiefs defense for them to prevail this week and I'm not sure they are up to the task. The Chiefs are going to lose sometime and this just feels like that time to me. I hope I'm wrong as it would be great to have a win over the Steelers come playoff time just in case they right their ship and make the playoffs. The Chiefs are in the toughest part of the toughest section of their schedule as after the Steelers they go to Oakland to play the Raiders on Thursday night followed by hosting the Broncos after a mini bye with a game at the Cowboys before they get their bye week. The dreamer and diehard Chiefs fan in me really wants them to head into their bye at 9-0 but honestly 7-2 would be far better than any of us expected when looking at the schedule before the season began. The biggest caveat is that if they go into their bye 7-2 those 2 can't be against the Raiders or Broncos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 02:38 PM

If memory serves the last time the Raiders beat the Chiefs was on a Thur. night in Oakland a few years ago. Here is hoping that won't happen tonight. It is up to Andy Reid to maintain his mastery of Jack Del Rio and Bob Sutton to keep confusing Derick Carr. Even though the Chiefs are down several starters due to injury and the Chiefs are facing a Raider team staring at 5 losses in a row should they fail to prevail I'm still thinking the Chiefs will win. I don't care if it is the ugliest win in history they do need to escape tonight with a victory. Then they can have a mini bye and prepare to face the Broncos on Monday night Oct. 30th.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:46 PM

2,047 posts, read 1,608,180 times
This game against Oakland(in Oakland) is a bit more concerning than the next game with Denver(at KC). Reid and Sutton usually have a good game plan against Oakland. More relaxed about next week after seeing the Giants defeat Denver by a wide margin.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:49 AM

Well it seems that Thursday night in Oakland is the magic for the Raiders to beat the Chiefs. This loss throws the division wide open. The most concerning thing was the horrible play of the Chiefs defense. Pitiful excuse for tackling. Head down and bumping into the ball carrier instead of seeing what you're hitting and using your arms to wrap up when you deliver the hit. The inability of the secondary to cover without holding. The total lack of pressure by the pass rush. It seems like Bob Sutton's scheme lacks creativity and he for some reason refuses to try to change anything. No blitzes from unexpected directions in an effort to make the opposing QB uncomfortable. Just giving way too much time for the QB to pick apart the secondary as receivers run free. If this doesn't get fixed the Chiefs will do what they always have done when making the playoffs. One and done. After last night's game the Chiefs now are the owners of the third worst defense in the NFL. We've seen this before when Dick Vermeil was the head coach. A top flight offense with an utter garbage defense that led to a playoff loss at Arrowhead to the Colts where neither team punted the entire game. At least they have until Monday ( Oct.30 ) night when the Broncos come to town, to try to get healthy and figure out a better defensive game plan. On a brighter note Alex Smith had another 300+ yard game and Kareem Hunt is now the first rookie to have 100+ yards from scrimmage in his first 7 games.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:44 PM

Chiefs now have command of the AFC West. Defense looked a lot better in the defeat of Denver tonight at Arrowhead.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:37 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Chiefs now have command of the AFC West. Defense looked a lot better in the defeat of Denver tonight at Arrowhead.
I wouldn’t get too excited about that Chiefs defense just yet. That Denver offense can make any defense look good.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
The run defense looked horrible and if not for the ineptitude of Siemian and his receivers the Chiefs may have very well lost this game. Andy got a bit too cute on the halfback option pass that Hunt threw for an interception when the Chiefs were trying to go up 21-0 in the first quarter. Granted Denver has one of the best defenses the Chiefs will face all season so I wasn't expecting many touchdowns from their offense and figured it would take a ton of field goals and perhaps a defensive or special teams touchdown to win the game. If the Chiefs can't figure out a way to shore up their defense I'm afraid they will be one and done again in the playoffs. We shall see what the Zekeless Cowboys have in store when the Chiefs finally finish the roughest part of their schedule with a trip to Dallas next Sunday late afternoon. I was not looking forward to this matchup. I figured Elliot would run for 200+ yards against the pathetic Chief run D. With his suspension the Cowboys might be held to under 150 rushing yards and who knows, Alex Smith and the Chiefs O might be able to make a game of it. Maybe even squeak out a win.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I wouldn’t get too excited about that Chiefs defense just yet. That Denver offense can make any defense look good.
Chiefs defense made some good plays, especially when forcing the Denver turnovers. Had it not been for a dropped TD pass, and an errant pass by Hill getting picked in the in zone, it would likely have been a DEN 19-KC 40 final score.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:28 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Chiefs defense made some good plays, especially when forcing the Denver turnovers. Had it not been for a dropped TD pass, and an errant pass by Hill getting picked in the in zone, it would likely have been a DEN 19-KC 40 final score.
But if you're going to play the "had it not been..." game you have to do it both ways, and that changes the whole game dynamic. It's also pointless because nobody can prove a counterfactual.

The Chiefs defense DID make some good plays, but they won't face another offense as inept as the Broncos until they play the Broncos again in week 17. And as mistake prone as the Broncos were last night, with all the turnovers and inability to get out of its own way, they went into Arrowhead and had their best offensive production since week 2. The turnovers were good for the Chiefs defense but not an anomaly for the Broncos offense. For the Broncos offense to a 2 pt try away from breaking 20 against the Chiefs in Arrowhead is a bad look for that Chiefs defense.

They have the AFC West on lock down so it probably won't be a problem for now. Maybe they'll get some pieces back and see some improvement in time for the playoffs too. But anyone familiar with the epic futility of the Broncos offense probaby isn't reading too deeply into the Chiefs defensive performance last night.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:52 PM

Coming off a bye and prohibitive favorites against the Giants in their house. I know Chief fans are really worried about the defense and think the offense has regressed so they will lose their minds if the Chiefs don't totally dominate this game. For myself I'll be happy with any win. Road wins in the NFL aren't easy no matter which teams are playing. I will be concerned if the Chiefs only manage to squeak out a last minute win while playing a lackluster game, barring injuries. The rest of the Chiefs schedule is much softer and I think they will be favored in all their remaining games and the AFC west is theirs to loose. I hope they can figure out how to improve their defense whether its schematically or adjustment to personnel or a combination of both, work needs to be done. I would also like to see Andy Reid go uncharacteristic and let the offense pile on when they're winning. Keep your foot on the neck of any opponent you have down. As the old saying goes, "if you don't like the score being run up on you then do something to stop it". What Chief fans want to see from these last 7 games is some hope that this team will do something other than go one and done in the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football