Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 07:41 AM

796 posts, read 505,564 times

Advertisements

Crazy game last night. Alex Smith and Kareem Hunt are playing really well. If Boys don't win....wouldn't mind seeing Cheifs win it all. They still have to prove a lot during playoffs and get to AFC Champ game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 08:18 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Congrats. Great game last night! Chiefs looking good.

Next week's road game against the Texans should answer a few more questions.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:54 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Kareem Hunt. Jeepers. That kid is a load! I wish Cousins had a stud like that. Believing in your RB enough to run the ball on 2nd & 10, knowing you'd be facing a 3rd & short is such a luxury. Only a few teams in the league can do that confidently. in 2017 (in my opinion). Dallas, KC, and Rams.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:42 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,787 times
Sunday night prime time and the Chiefs are facing yet another fearsome defensive front. The Chiefs offensive line is banged up with probably 4 out of 5 starters either not playing or playing hurt. I'm not sure how long they can keep this up. Thank goodness for Kareem Hunt and seemingly magical ability to make defenders miss even when they appear to have him dead to rights. Alex Smith needs to keep his outstanding season going as I suspect Houston will be doing their best to limit Hunt's impact. This could be a game where Travis Kelce needs to shine as he is generally a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. Smith will have to find a way to try a few long balls to Tyreek Hill throughout the game just to keep the Texans honest. This game scares me as last year the Chiefs went into Houston and lost. This year they have the same task with one less day to prepare and heal from a tough Monday night game. The defense will have their hands full trying to confuse and contain Deshaun Watson and limit the impact of Houston's wide outs. While it would be nice for the Chiefs to have another AFC win it won't be a disaster should they lose.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:51 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,827 times
This may have been brought up before but why is Alex Smith the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL?
He gets no respect.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:41 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
This may have been brought up before but why is Alex Smith the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL?
He gets no respect.
On the surface since he has been in KC, and even before that, all he does is win. I think its the continuation of the "game manager" meme. If you drill down a bit though since he has been the Chiefs QB this is the first season he has seemed to put all his skills together. In the past he has been faulted for being "check down Charlie" always taking the safer check down route instead of the riskier deep option. He has suffered from "happy feet" when his pocket is breaking down. Putting his head down and running instead of keeping his head up and looking downfield as he begins to run. He doesn't have the strongest arm and you can notice in this preseason the marked difference between Alex's arm and Mahomes'. When Mahomes would throw a deep ball the pass would get there quickly leaving less time for a safety to break on the pass. Alex would never say it but I think having Mahomes as his heir apparent has motivated him. Of course it doesn't hurt that Alex now has 3 top flight options in Kelce, Hill, and Hunt to spread the ball to. Couple his options with Andy Reid's ability to draw up a gameplan finding mismatches to exploit and you get the kind of season the Chiefs are off to achieving. Right now, through 4 games, Alex Smith is playing over all the best QB in the league. I just hope he can keep it up. If he does he will finish with the best season of his career.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:53 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
What's the scuttlebutt in Kansas City regarding the future of Alex Smith? I've read some reports that have indicated he doesn't think he'll be a Chief in 2018. I assume he's in the final year of his contract? If so, I wonder if they would franchise tag or re-sign him. Smith may end up one of the more intriguing offseason stories.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:02 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
What's the scuttlebutt in Kansas City regarding the future of Alex Smith? I've read some reports that have indicated he doesn't think he'll be a Chief in 2018. I assume he's in the final year of his contract? If so, I wonder if they would franchise tag or re-sign him. Smith may end up one of the more intriguing offseason stories.
If the Chiefs make a deep playoff run then Smith is definitely an intriguing story. Otherwise I think it'll be easy for the Chiefs to shift gears and go with the heir apparent. In this case Smith is essentially auditioning for his next team.

This is the Chiefs best start since 2003. I know they were 9-0 in 2013 too but this team is its better looking than the 2013 team.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:17 AM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
One thing that really helps the Chiefs offense is Tyreek Hill. He not only had 4 catches for 68 yards but also got a td on an 82 yard punt return. The Chiefs have had some great punt returners over the years going back to Tamarick Vanover but I think Hill is the best one they've ever had.

Alex Smith went 29 for 37 for 324 yards and 3 touchdowns. Key stat--having the ball for nearly 39 minutes. I didn't get to see but one minute of the 4th quarter, was helping a neighbor with his car. I watch NFL Network games during the week, am curious to see the 21 points that Houston got in the 4th quarter. The Chiefs and the Broncos will be hooking up later this month, I believe the game is at Arrowhead. Needless to say, big game for both clubs.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:03 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
One thing that really helps the Chiefs offense is Tyreek Hill. He not only had 4 catches for 68 yards but also got a td on an 82 yard punt return. The Chiefs have had some great punt returners over the years going back to Tamarick Vanover but I think Hill is the best one they've ever had.

Alex Smith went 29 for 37 for 324 yards and 3 touchdowns. Key stat--having the ball for nearly 39 minutes. I didn't get to see but one minute of the 4th quarter, was helping a neighbor with his car. I watch NFL Network games during the week, am curious to see the 21 points that Houston got in the 4th quarter. The Chiefs and the Broncos will be hooking up later this month, I believe the game is at Arrowhead. Needless to say, big game for both clubs.
The points that Houston got in the 4th were mostly due to Watson throwing up deep jump balls for Houstons receivers. On all 3 or 4, however many there were, the Chiefs DB was right and the WR just made a spectacular catch. They all could have easily been batted down. It was fluky. They game was far more lopsided than the score indicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football