Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 02:43 PM

404 posts, read 457,550 times

Advertisements

The Chiefs are in the middle of an epic collapse. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 03:25 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,287,155 times
Yeah, 2-4 the last 6 games. Not good at all.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:51 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
I am a Giants fan, and I am absolutely shocked that the Giants won today. I didnt even see the game (I had to work late last night, so I was sleep), and when friends were texting me the Giants won, I thought they were playing. This isn't a good loss for the Chiefs at all.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:27 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I am a Giants fan, and I am absolutely shocked that the Giants won today. I didnt even see the game (I had to work late last night, so I was sleep), and when friends were texting me the Giants won, I thought they were playing. This isn't a good loss for the Chiefs at all.
That performance from the Chiefs against the Giants was the worst example of pro football since the Romeo Crennel era. My only hope is that game was their low point. If it wasn't then this team is totally lost. The only way it could have been worse was if it had happened in Arrowhead. Given that performance I can't see the Chiefs being favored in any of their remaining games. Alex Smith was pathetic and if he doesn't turn it around against the Bills Sunday he needs to sit and Mahomes needs to take over. That performance deserved a WTF phone call from Clark Hunt to Andy Reid. Coming off their bye week and doing what they did is just unfathomable. The Giants were horrible. It wasn't like Eli or their running back had one of those career making extraordinary days. The Chiefs just played like total hot garbage, and that is an insult to hot garbage.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:59 PM

2,047 posts, read 1,608,180 times
Yep, the Chiefs didn’t show up yesterday. They missed a golden opportunity to beat a weak team. The team looks burned out, even after a bye week. Smith is still a good QB. Hopefully they will improve.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:59 PM

The collapse continued with a home loss to the Bills. A pathetic showing from the offense. Sadly we got the usual coach-speak from Andy Reid. Of course I would expect nothing else. I'm no great football expert but even I can see that Alex Smith has completely reverted to all his old bad habits. Happy feet in the pocket and missing open receivers down field.
The rules of the pro game have evolved so that they favor a shoot out game as opposed to defensive struggles. Alex Smith just doesn't possess the tools necessary to be a top QB in today's game. Every aspect of the offense has to be performing at a top level for him to succeed. The Chiefs will do no better than one and done if they even make the playoffs this season. The Chargers are now breathing down their necks for the division title and playing much better football. It is time to promote Pat Mahomes to the starting job. His basic tool set is much more in tune with the needs of today's game. I know he will make his share of "rookie mistakes" but his ability to make throws from all different angels and on the run and get the ball down field with velocity should out weigh those mistakes.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:52 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,795 times
He can't do any worse than Peterman right?

Old 11-28-2017, 09:13 PM

2,047 posts, read 1,608,180 times
Switching quarterbacks right now probably won’t do much good. That offensive line is terrible. Teams like the Giants and 49ers really have nothing to lose by switching quarterbacks at this point, but the Chiefs do. Stick with the veteran Smith until they are eliminated from playoff contention.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:41 PM

At this point there are just no words left for me to say. The offense finally decided to show up, maybe more due to the fact the Jets seemed to want to play man coverage than anything else. And the defense just shat the bed. This team is a complete mess right now and there really seems to be no hope at this point. I seriously doubt they can win another game. This week they will hand the division over to the Chargers and Raiders. I don't think they can beat the Fins and as for their last game against the Broncos. they should just put this on a loop and blast it out for the entire game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HV1B2CpAaQ

Old 12-05-2017, 07:27 PM

18,223 posts, read 25,871,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
At this point there are just no words left for me to say. The offense finally decided to show up, maybe more due to the fact the Jets seemed to want to play man coverage than anything else. And the defense just shat the bed. This team is a complete mess right now and there really seems to be no hope at this point. I seriously doubt they can win another game. This week they will hand the division over to the Chargers and Raiders. I don't think they can beat the Fins and as for their last game against the Broncos. they should just put this on a loop and blast it out for the entire game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HV1B2CpAaQ
Good post as always Marvin!

It's hard to put any one finger on what has happened to KC, as well as Denver. I've been going back in my mind all the way back to the early days of the American Football League to see where both clubs have done this much of an el' foldo in the end of the season. Painful to watch, that's for sure. Heh, got to take a peek at the schedule for a second, noticed the Bronco/Chief game is on New Years Eve. People will be um, celebrating, being thankful the season has finally come to a close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football