Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2017, 06:48 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,974 times

Advertisements

Chief fans, are you aware that the Chiefs now hold the record for the most regular season games with a 50+ yard touchdown?
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...td-streak-goes

It seems that the last time the Chiefs had a game without a 50 yard touchdown was 11-20 2016 when they lost to the Bucs. The Chiefs now hold the record with 9 consecutive games with a 50+ yard touchdown. To borrow a phrase from a former Royals outfielder, "that what speed do". With the emergence of Kareem Hunt and Andy Reid's RPO(run,pass,option) offence the Chiefs have become a truly dangerous offensive team. Not since Dick Vermeil brought his version of the greatest show on turf to town have the Chiefs had such a fearsome offense. The greatest difference now is that the Chiefs have several playmaking stars on defense to complement their potent offense. So far this season the Chiefs offense has scored all their points. There have been no defensive or special team scores yet. Something the Chiefs of the last few years relied heavily on.
Starting Monday the Chiefs schedule turns brutal for the next 6 games. At home Mon. for the Redskins, Sun. night at the Texans, Sun. late afternoon at Arrowhead for the Steelers, followed by a short week to Oakland for a Thur. night game with the Raiders, a mini bye with the Broncos coming to Arrowhead for a Sun. night game, and finally a late afternoon game at the Cowboys. Thanks NFL schedule makers, couldn't you figure out how to make them fight the zombie apocalypse somewhere in there too? Thankfully the Chiefs get their bye week after the Cowboy game. That gauntlet will truly determine if the Chiefs are contenders or pretenders. I don't know for sure, but I suspect no other team will have to face such a brutal span of 6 games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 10:12 AM

18,223 posts, read 25,871,803 times
On my local sports talk station this morning they came up with an interesting stat--The Chiefs have won their last twelve games in a row against AFC West teams.

ADD--I checked up on that and they are right. Starting week 10 of the 2015 NFL season and going to Sundays win against the Chargers, they've won 12 straight!

Old 09-28-2017, 11:02 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
On my local sports talk station this morning they came up with an interesting stat--The Chiefs have won their last twelve games in a row against AFC West teams.

ADD--I checked up on that and they are right. Starting week 10 of the 2015 NFL season and going to Sundays win against the Chargers, they've won 12 straight!
Wow. Dunno why, but that's a surprising stat.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Wow. Dunno why, but that's a surprising stat.
Considering the quality of teams in the AFC west that is an amazing stat. I'm not sure it can hold up much longer but it should give pause to all the national talking heads touting the greatness of the Broncos and Raiders. I can understand it to some extent because of the Chiefs terrible playoff record but you still have to hand it to them for dominating a division that has been considered the best in the NFL for the last couple of years.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:43 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Considering the quality of teams in the AFC west that is an amazing stat. I'm not sure it can hold up much longer but it should give pause to all the national talking heads touting the greatness of the Broncos and Raiders. I can understand it to some extent because of the Chiefs terrible playoff record but you still have to hand it to them for dominating a division that has been considered the best in the NFL for the last couple of years.
Who are these talking heads? Sure, the Broncos got some props after the Dallas game but just as quickly as they made believers they emptied the band wagon in that awful performance against the Bills. Meanwhile the Chiefs have received high praise all season.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:45 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,290,653 times
I found myself rooting for KC when Joe Montana was traded. Now I find myself rooting for KC again for the combination of Coach Reid and Alex Smith, both of whom have been treated rather harshly by fans and the Press.

Good Luck, Chiefs!

Old 10-02-2017, 04:04 PM

18,223 posts, read 25,871,803 times
Am watching Sportscenter right now and they have the football crew for tonight's game out in the parking lot right now. And the crowd is BONKERS!

Old 10-02-2017, 10:58 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,290,653 times
Smith
4W 0L
76.0% Completion Rate
8 TD 0 INT
1071 yds; 8.8 YPA
124.4 Rating

very balanced offense...

Old 10-02-2017, 11:48 PM

2,047 posts, read 1,608,180 times
No doubt about who the best team in the NFL is right now.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
No doubt about who the best team in the NFL is right now.
Right now I will agree. Alex Smith playing like an MVP, Kareem Hunt playing like RoY, its hard to go against them. Next week will go a long way towards defining just what this Chiefs team really is. Going on the road Sunday night at Houston will be tough. Championship teams find a way to win on the road against good teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football