Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 02:41 AM

191 posts, read 262,477 times

Advertisements

Didn't mean to get you riled up. Sorry! Sheesh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 02:46 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Thanks everyone for responding!

I do NOT want to drink at all as I feel I can not control my drinking. One glass turns to 5 ( I don't see the signs insert smack & disgusted sign here!!)

So far, I have not gotten into trouble with the law which is great but I have driven to work hung over.

My problem is that the SO feels he needs a drink to""relax"" after work but since I can no longer control myself, instead of having 1 glass of wine to ""relax"" with him it turns into 5.

Plus I'm having all sorts of health issues!

Plus if I divorce the SO I am bound to face financial issues.

So my relief is the bottle. Stupid I know. Please dont crucify me I know I'm a bird already. I don't need that thrown to my face I already know it. But I need constructive criticism.

My idea would be that if the SO ONLY needs one or two glasses to ""relax"" (insert sarcasm here"") then his needs are inferior to mine because his need to ""relax"" has pledged me into a full time alcoholic. He needs a glass or two & his need for a glass or two leads me to 5 UNWANTED glasses?

Thoughts?

Do NOT blame your husband for YOUR NEEDS. His needs have nothing to do with what you decide you need so blaming him is just another excuse to NOT take responsibility for your own actions.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:00 AM

191 posts, read 262,477 times
Christ almighty. This is why I don't hang around AA. Too much needless drama.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Old 12-08-2013, 07:09 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
The only place I know where people "Hang around A.A." is a place at York Street in Denver and it's called Dead Pecker Row.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:54 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
I stopped drinking by simply recognizing there was a problem developing and saying, "f--- this!"

Old 12-10-2013, 11:09 PM

170 posts, read 373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvest123 View Post
ALCOLHOISM IS A DISEASE. ASK A DOCTOR - ANY DOCTOR.
Alright. I'll ask Dr. Stanton Peele.

Alcoholism Is Not a Disease - YouTube

Old 12-11-2013, 10:38 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
That youtube vid there is a fine example of folks who have nothing better to do than hate on AAers and they are the same kind of folks who not only like to call themselves atheists, but they waste their time trying to debunk the claims of those with faith and stable happy lives.

Don't believe me on that? Just read the comments and follow the works of those youtube posters.

But to say that Alcoholism is not a disease is exactly what A.A. says, that it's NOT a disease. It's a spiritual malady.

Go to your doctor or your nurse practitioner and ask him/her what pill they can give you for a spiritual malady.

Dr. Stanton Peele is trying to categorize alcoholism along a behavioral vs disease malady and he says that alcoholics are most likely to be poor folks. Folks living under bridges are NOT alcoholics/addicts. They are just willful. Alcoholics don't typically live under bridges or at least not for long because they build a structure around them then tear it down with a series of sprees. And they repeat this over and over until they die, get sober, get locked up, etc.

Dr Stanton Peele promoted Audrey Kishline's Moderation Management program until she got drunk one day and killed a man and his 12 year old daughter.

If doctors were not criminals then they'd tell about 80% of their "true" diseased patients to start eating green veggies, nuts, healthy grains, etc. and to lay off breads, white flour, white sugar, white cocaine, etc. and to excercise. But instead, they give them a prescription, and tell them to mix that in with good eating and exercise. But do folks follow even that advice?

America must be layden with behavioral misfits... which I agree with.

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-11-2013 at 10:47 PM..

Old 12-14-2013, 07:46 PM

726 posts, read 1,228,673 times
Every time I wanted to smoke I drank a large glass of water then took a fast walk down railroad tracks and sang as loud as I could. And I cleaned everything of that smoke smell, teeth first.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:36 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
Every time I wanted to smoke I drank a large glass of water then took a fast walk down railroad tracks and sang as loud as I could. And I cleaned everything of that smoke smell, teeth first.
How long since your last cigarette ?

Old 12-19-2013, 12:35 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
December 12 was two years quitting smoking for me, woo hoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology