Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 08:18 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I don't want anyone in this world to cry for me. I just want to be alone. Far away from love and attachment. I know its off topic but that is how i feel.
If this was true you would not be here on CD. You are looking for sympathy and pity, not understanding.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post

Another thing you can do is analyze the Japanese culture. They have low rates of marriage, sex, reproduction, cohabitation etc... and improved robot companions for men and women. Not my thing though.
Japanese men are refusing to marry and they're boycotting women.

Beware the herbivore effect | young, japan, one - Opinion - The Orange County Register

Skeptic's Play: Japanese "herbivore men" hold a mirror to our culture

Old 12-17-2013, 08:49 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
As a lifetime asexual I wish I knew the secret so I could market it. I liked girls as a child but eventually found women unattractive. Gay guys that you can see are annoying, petty and often drug addicted so that turned me away from them really fast. I have friends who are also asexual. It seems that we are all "mad scientist" types and asexuals I know tend to have higher IQ ratings than average. I do have female friends and they are asexual too, one is a physics professor and the other is a cardiologist. She is married to a gay man and they have two children. One of the happiest families in my opinion. She loves her husband despite the fact they sleep in separate rooms and never have sex.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:30 AM

428 posts, read 475,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If this was true you would not be here on CD. You are looking for sympathy and pity, not understanding.
You know i neither crave sympathy or pity. I was frustated when i posted this and wanted solution .
I thought " This is what internet is for. Go on prince willa mode and write everything which is bothering you. Nobody would know you as you are anonymous. You would not get harsh treatment like you would if you talk about it to someone in real life. Just do it. " and i did it.
I never had anyone with whom i can even share my happiness with let alone feelings apart from my soul. And sometimes i feel all alone. I have finally come to the sense that i would forever be a heterosexual and there is absolutely no way to get rid of these feelings without hurting yourself.
Wish there was something which would turn me into a robot or something with no emotion or feelings.
Attention was the last thing i wanted. I have seen how this world operates. There is no place for selflessness, kindness or understanding. Most people are selfish and just want one thing in life MONEY. No idea what they would do they with such money. Maybe they would take it with them in heaven or hell. I

I apologize to everyone for wasting their time. Life is too short, live as much as you can and try to enjoy it.......

Old 12-17-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
As a lifetime asexual I wish I knew the secret so I could market it. I liked girls as a child but eventually found women unattractive. Gay guys that you can see are annoying, petty and often drug addicted so that turned me away from them really fast. I have friends who are also asexual. It seems that we are all "mad scientist" types and asexuals I know tend to have higher IQ ratings than average. I do have female friends and they are asexual too, one is a physics professor and the other is a cardiologist. She is married to a gay man and they have two children. One of the happiest families in my opinion. She loves her husband despite the fact they sleep in separate rooms and never have sex.
I wish i was asexual like you..... Thanks for your views,

Old 12-17-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Licorice root in sufficient quantities supposedly lowers testosterone and thus reduces libido. Supposedly, it has the opposite effect on women. Who knows?

You are aware, of course, that many women share your perspective that getting involved with the opposite sex is nothing but trouble, that even if it works out, they are still getting the short end of the stick.

As the fairy tales of happy ever after, it's why men and women continue to search for their soul mates despite mountains of evidence that it's an impossible quest.

Glad to feel you've found some measure of peace in this discussion.
But a guy In this long discussion said I already have low T levels

Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Sorry but i am not buying this " most marriages are healthy and happier" thing. I haven't seen a single happy marriage in my life. And so many people stay in unhappy marriage due to financial reason or kids.
As for my Ocd. I don't believe in treatments or anything. There is no way a person can get rid of it. I have researched about it. But i have finally learned to live with it,
As for the romantic relationship ? Hmm. You already know my views about it but it seems like you have no solution for my question and just saying what others are saying,
Its ok, i understand. It may seem really hard for you guys to reply to a person whose views are different from others. I am not harming anyone. I am not abusing anyone. So why don't i deserve answers which i am looking for ?
Why people just come here and say " don't worry, things will get better" or " don't worry you will change your mind" or " are you nuts, you are so so weird ". I didn't asked this question to see if someone could change my mind by the example of their ultimate relationship.

But anyway, thanks for trying and i apologize if i was mean to you,
How sad for you. You apparently have surrounded yourself with people that are incapable of happiness, perhaps? There are plenty of very happy marriages, even if you've never seen or acknowledged them.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:01 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
But a guy In this long discussion said I already have low T levels
I don't know that I would take that to the bank. Not sure a C-D diagnosis is all that accurate.

But I can certainly understand not wanting to be plagued by unwanted thoughts and desires.

The only way I know to do this is to think about something else. Find your passion, your life's work, and throw yourself into it.

Baring that, you can always put a rubber band around your wrist and snap it every time you have an unwanted thought.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
My understanding is that Japanese women are reluctant participants in mating rituals as they have found marriage overly confining not to mention limiting their career options. Apparently, it took some time for Crown Prince Naruhito to convince Princess Masako to marry him and there is some speculation that this has not turned out well for her.

Things may be headed in that direction here. Of the women I know in their twenties, not a one is interested in marriage. Several are dating guys that want to marry them, but they keep putting it off. Why trade the best years of your life for sex without seduction? Then there's all the cleaning and cooking and childcare. Not to mention, most wives end up working a full=time job as well. Better just to earn your own way in the world and call it good.

Recently read that Ashton Kutcher was having troubles convincing Mila Kunis to marry him. If you can believe the National Enquirer, she is reluctant to sign a prenup, no doubt worried that this does not bode well for happily ever after.

Or perhaps she is thinking about how things turned out with his previous marriage.
Perhaps young women don't want to get married because they see the men/children that are around them. If I were in my twenties, I wouldn't be interested in marriage either. Men that can't find jobs, live in their parent's basement and toil at menial, go nowhere jobs? Young men today are so completely selfish, I wouldn't want to be in a marriage with them, let alone raise a family. Who wants one more child?

How sad, the folks here can only see the tough part of a relationship. In doing so, you miss out on all the wonderful parts.

As for the OP, they are only 18, aren't they? Hardly mature enough to make decisions like "I'll never be with a women".

Old 12-17-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I don't know that I would take that to the bank. Not sure a C-D diagnosis is all that accurate.

But I can certainly understand not wanting to be plagued by unwanted thoughts and desires.

The only way I know to do this is to think about something else. Find your passion, your life's work, and throw yourself into it.

Baring that, you can always put a rubber band around your wrist and snap it every time you have an unwanted thought.
You know its very difficult. Infact almost impossible because your brain operates you not the other way around. Just recently I was working on my own game which I was building and yes programming is the only think which makes me feel amazing,
And I really liked this rubber band idea. I would definately try it. Great idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology