Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 06:49 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I am sorry but I fail to see the connection between palying between playing video games, or not having job and being selfish.
Where did I say anything about video games? I'm talking about young men that only want to do what they want to do, and have no sense of responsibility. They only think about themselves and their wants. If they can support themselves and their family, and play video games, who cares.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:54 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You seem bitter towards young men.
Not at all. Just disappointed. I see young men that have children they refuse to support, and have no desire to succeed in life.

I don't blame them entirely. I blame, in part, the feminist movement. We've raised an entire generation of men to believe that they are unnecessary. We see proof the children raised in single parent homes don't do as well in life as children raised in a 2-parent home, but society still sends the message to men that they just need to donate sperm and go.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:17 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Not at all. Just disappointed. I see young men that have children they refuse to support, and have no desire to succeed in life.

I don't blame them entirely. I blame, in part, the feminist movement. We've raised an entire generation of men to believe that they are unnecessary. We see proof the children raised in single parent homes don't do as well in life as children raised in a 2-parent home, but society still sends the message to men that they just need to donate sperm and go.
Perhaps these young men were raised in single parent households themselves. Generations don't exist in a vacuum.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:22 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
I don't blame them entirely. I blame, in part, the feminist movement. We've raised an entire generation of men to believe that they are unnecessary.
Not to beat this dead horse, but feminism is not about making men unnecessary, but about giving women and men more choices as to how they want to live their lives. In a perfect world, feminism frees men from the pressure of traditional gender roles in which they have to be the sole provider, the head of household, the strong, silent type, etc. True, some men have difficulty finding their place without these roles, but it also allows men like the OP who want nothing to do with marriage and family to be open and unashamed of that.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:38 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
You are 18 years old, you will encounter the female sex every day of your life. As time goes by, your negative feelings towards women will change. Also know that women out number and out live men. The good news is that not all women want children, and not all women seek men for financial support. Choose a mate carefully, and you can have an enjoyable and long lasting relationship.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Day View Post
You just haven't met the right woman yet.
I hate these kind of non thinking, knee jerking reaction type answers. NEWSFLASH: There is no "right woman" for any man other then his mother who will be there for him win, loose, or draw.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:

An argument can be made that feminism was, and is, primarily intended to benefit educated, affluent women and it is these women who tend to get and stay married to raise their children in intact families. There are many variables at play when it comes to single parent homes starting with SES disparity, which I think is a major player. And sure, civil rights play a role since women are no longer dependent on men, but I think men are becoming more involved with their children today than they ever have in the past. Historically men have been separate (emotionally, spiritually, even physically) from their children, as opposed to women who have always been the primary caretakers of children while men have been the primary caretakers of women I guess. Based on what I've been reading that is slowly changing and that is where the focus needs to be imo.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:38 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,477,372 times
Save up some money and visit Amsterdam or Thailand.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:23 PM

428 posts, read 474,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Not to beat this dead horse, but feminism is not about making men unnecessary, but about giving women and men more choices as to how they want to live their lives. In a perfect world, feminism frees men from the pressure of traditional gender roles in which they have to be the sole provider, the head of household, the strong, silent type, etc. True, some men have difficulty finding their place without these roles, but it also allows men like the OP who want nothing to do with marriage and family to be open and unashamed of that.
I don't think men are free from gender roles at all. Feminism was not about men. It was all about benefiting women.
Stay at home dads are mocked by society, not appreciated. Men are look down or labeled loser if they don't have job....
Women are free to choose to purse their dreams or be a stay at home mom later on.

I can only open about it in internet otherwise people mostly judge me or label me as gay.
A slogan from a popular feminist " A woman need a man like a fish needs a bicycle".... Pretty much shows the whole picture and i agree with ringwise.....

Old 12-18-2013, 10:26 PM

428 posts, read 474,902 times
]

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I hate these kind of non thinking, knee jerking reaction type answers. NEWSFLASH: There is no "right woman" for any man other then his mother who will be there for him win, loose, or draw.
True that...... She is one of the person along with my father i wake up everyday for.... Mate, seems like you are somewhat like me. Are you in the MGTOW camp ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology