Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 09:46 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Unless you have Ocd you have no clue how is it like. Sometimes you feel like death is far far better option, but you have to obviosuly move on as there are people who love you and care about you. Anyway I was not here for pity party, so I apologize for that.
Productive like what ?
I donote blood every month, help poor in anyway I can. So far its going great. Obviously I have restrictions because I am still a student but you would never find such threads again from me again. I would vanish from internet forever. And that is why I guess I invested it a lot more than I oroginally thought,

You have every right to start any thread you would like to start
You may or may not have OCD. You've never been diagnosed with it. A self-diagnosis and "advice" from "doctors" on the internet is not a diagnosis.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:06 PM

283 posts, read 434,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I wish I could be that strong to face such internal fears,,
You already are. You just haven't realized it yet.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:37 AM

428 posts, read 475,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
That's not a diagnosis.

You may not have OCD at all.

It seems you were just acquainted with Avoidant Personality Disorder. That is something I almost certainly have. Your saying you fear judgement is a telltale sign of that.

Have you ever heard of Asperger's Syndrome? That is something I may or may not have.
You are wrong with your assessment.
Have you ever tried to lock a door only to find youself asking " did i actually lock it the right way ?. ". Then you go back and lock it once again because according to your brain it was not properly locked. Then again. Your brain would never satisfy.
Same thing here. I heard about briffaults law, thought about it, found it shocking and sad. A normal person would grasp it and move on. By my OCD does not allow it to happen, it force me to ask question about it or read about it again and again and again and again. Your brain would never be satisfied.
When i was 8. I loved my toys, so before every sleep i used to hug them, sometimes 3 times and sometimes 10. It used to depend upon upon the hug and the way it felt. I had to repeat it everyday because my brain did not allow me to sleep at any cost before doing so.
These things are happening to me since i was child but never bothered me in the slightest. But as soon as i matured my OCD matured too.
I may have several disorders as well but one thing is certain . Its OCD because no other disorder make you repeat the same process +times infinity.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Have you ever posted under the name "Jay Watson" on this forum? Feel free to PM me with the answer, and I promise I won't share it with anybody.
No. Prince willa is my identity

Old 12-16-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
They didn't know you were locking yourself in your room when you were 15? Who diagnosed you with OCD?
They saw, feared, thought what was wrong with me. They were with me when i fainted due to extreme high blood pressure as obesessive thoughts had taken over my life. But i told them it was due to exam stress and nothing to worry about.
The truth was, my Ocd was very severe one year ago. But as learned about treating ocd like jerk,to ignore it, i improved drastically. . So yeah, it was tough

Old 12-16-2013, 01:28 AM

1,339 posts, read 3,467,499 times
Cold showers?

Old 12-16-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Sorry. But I don't believe this story either. It probably has aspects of the truth, but it also has gross exaggerations and suppositions. You know I'm right, don't you?
No, no and big no. Its upto you to believe it or not. I told you what i have seen and everything i said here so far was true and nothing was made up.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
not only that, the 50% thing is severely flawed. That doesn't mean 50% of people end up getting divorced. But there are some habitual offenders out there that like to get married over and over and over, let's face it--and that 50% is based on any number of divorces within a years' time. That's what dilutes those numbers. The real divorce rate is closer to 10%.
Its funny that some of you want to downplay the divorce rates which are increasing day by day. How do you know those people who are still married are happy in their relationship ?
So many people stay with each other for their kids as they made their whole lives all about kids and lost love and attraction towards each other in process. Don't say they are happy in their relationship.
So many stay with each other for financial reason as they have not enough money for divorce.
So many stay with each other due to family pressure and so on.
So how many marriages are even happy at all ? For me, very very few if at all.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisiin View Post
Hypnosis? Anti-straight therapy?

Seriously, dude, just because 50 percent of marriages end in divorce...does not mean yours would. and not all women out there are gold-diggers in spite of your obvious belief that they are.

Similarly not all men are sex-hounds, as we women might assert....that men want nothing but sex from a woman.

I find your attitude somewhat disturbing, though, dude. If you have such deep feeling of disparagement towards women, you are very likely to attract the kind of woman who is going to eventually take actions that re-inforce your attitude.
I hope I would never attract any woman in this life and hope never fall in love with anyone. So far, its ok.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisiin View Post
Yet there are those who insist those born gay could somehow be converted into straight folks...

Sorry, could not resist that comment. I have many gay friends, and I am pretty sure none of them could...or would want...to be converted.
Obviosuly, ignorance is very profound in our society,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology