Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:58 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I once had a "friend" who was so envious of everyone that she could never say anything nice to or about anyone. At first I felt sorry for her that she was so miserable and could only feel good was by putting others down. But I quickly got sick of her and ended the "friendship."

These are some of her comments to me:

1. "That outfit makes you look like you have a good shape."

2. After having invited her to my house for a big dinner for which I had made several complicated dishes that everyone was complimenting me about, and of which she had had three helpings of everything, she said to me, "The white rice was good."

3. After introducing her to my new boyfriend, she said, "That one will never marry you."
I think this must have been the same person as my "friend".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 08:07 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hahaha, you crack me up. Nah, don't wanna send anyone to hell, but I don't believe her intentions were good. People don't say things like that unless they have a little bit of hostility in them.

And it is small potatoes, but I suspected (and see that I am right) that others have dealt with this, so I figured it would be a good topic for the Psych forum.

Wrong. They say things like this because they don't know you well and can't think of anything to say. Sure, it comes out wrong, but hostility has nothing to do with it. People blurt out words without thinking. No big deal. Drop the thin skin and move on. Or continue to think she has an agenda and is out to get you. Your choice.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Wrong. They say things like this because they don't know you well and can't think of anything to say. Sure, it comes out wrong, but hostility has nothing to do with it. People blurt out words without thinking. No big deal. Drop the thin skin and move on. Or continue to think she has an agenda and is out to get you. Your choice.
I don't have thin skin and I don't think she has an agenda or is out to get me. I already suggested why I thought she felt insecure, and it had nothing to do with me. I'm not going to repeat myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology