Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 04:13 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,872 times

Advertisements

"If you think kids are cruel, wait until you become familiar with adults"

He used to tell me this when I was a kid, very often. Was he trying to warn me about how malicious adults can be?

I'm sure he was and he is 100% correct.

Adults act worse than children. I've been in middle to senior level management jobs most of my post college career and that experience alone, confirms what my dad used to say. I am often times disappointed when I see acts act like complete and utter fools/babies.

When people are born, they're not born "fools/idiots". Adults have the worst behaviors that I've ever seen. Where do all of the "hang ups" come from? Snideness, workplace bullies, prone to debating about ANY and EVERYTHING........adults have a "lock" on complicating things to know end.

If I were a child in this day and age, I'd be highly reluctant to listen to this era of "modern" adults.

Where does idiotic adult behavior come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 12:02 PM

865 posts, read 1,489,885 times
You kind of answered it in a nutshell but didn't realize it - the idiot adults breed, and the children act like them. When you get to know a child and their parent, you can see how the apple usually doesn't fall far.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:14 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,748,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
You kind of answered it in a nutshell but didn't realize it - the idiot adults breed, and the children act like them. When you get to know a child and their parent, you can see how the apple usually doesn't fall far.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I recall someone asking for advice in an auto magazine what he should do about the neighbor boy who has loud mufflers and " guns" his car day and night.

The author said you could go and talk to the parents but don't expect results.

He stated what you did..........."unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

I recall whenever I had a younger co-worker who was an inconsiderate jerk, soon another co-worker would say............." you think he is bad ? You should see his dad ! "

Old 02-27-2014, 03:32 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post

He used to tell me this when I was a kid, very often. Was he trying to warn me about how malicious adults can be?

Adults act worse than children. I've been in middle to senior level management jobs most of my post college career and that experience alone, confirms what my dad used to say. I am often times disappointed when I see acts act like complete and utter fools/babies.

When people are born, they're not born "fools/idiots". Adults have the worst behaviors that I've ever seen. Where do all of the "hang ups" come from? Snideness, workplace bullies, prone to debating about ANY and EVERYTHING........adults have a "lock" on complicating things to know end.

If I were a child in this day and age, I'd be highly reluctant to listen to this era of "modern" adults.

This actually hasn't been my experience. I have met some petty adults, but I've also met plenty of great people who for the most part have there heads on right. Sorry your experiences haven't been so pleasant.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:51 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post

I would more chalk it up to adult WOMEN (men are aholes too but usually not in the way you are referring to) but it's true that adults are worse than children. Adults should know better. They act immature in a bad way while condemning people like me for having a young spirit and the worst part is they don't admit to it. Sure children and teenagers can be bratty but they're not malicious in their intent. At worst, they are shallow.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:36 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I would more chalk it up to adult WOMEN (men are aholes too but usually not in the way you are referring to) but it's true that adults are worse than children. Adults should know better. They act immature in a bad way while condemning people like me for having a young spirit and the worst part is they don't admit to it. Sure children and teenagers can be bratty but they're not malicious in their intent. At worst, they are shallow.

You've clearly stated the difference. Adults are malicious in their intent.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:09 PM

255 posts, read 407,469 times
I think it's definitely true. I got bullied quite a bit in school, especially by a group of girls in High School. However, I've met some adults that make those girls seem tame, and they were in their 50s. When I first started working at the job I am at now, I was only a temp. The older women did everything they could to try and get me fired and I don't know why. I am a shy quiet girl. I never did anything to them. I just did my work for my eight hours, and I went home. They seemed to really hate me though. It was the three of them that were against me, and if it hadn't been for my team leader I think they would have succeeded. Temps can get fired over any little thing. I think purposely trying to get someone fired for no reason is pretty bad.

I've also met other people who have been pretty rude to me. I was bullied because of my looks, I am not pretty at all. I've met some adults who have been more harsh with me about my looks than teens were. When I was a teenager I used to live in a dream world that once I was an adult, all the teasing and bullying and backstabbing would stop. I wish I could go back and tell my 15 year old self how wrong I was. Adults are a lot worse.

This one woman at my work is one of the biggest bullies there to everyone. She backstabs, she laughs at peoples appearances, she is very manipulative, and yet she speaks at school about how bullying is wrong. She has a Facebook page and everything telling people that bullying has to end. She sets an amazing example...

Old 02-27-2014, 10:11 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,423,528 times
I get bullied by women in my neighborhood. It's so embarrassing; people think I'm being ridiculous. I have no idea how to defend myself against these women without actually feeding their frenzy.

An outsider would probably think they're "normal", and I'm just a nut making it up. People like this are amazingly clever.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
It's eat or be eaten.

Not really -- there are a lot of very nice people. You just have to find them and stop associating with people who make you feel bad.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:27 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,774,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's eat or be eaten.

Not really -- there are a lot of very nice people. You just have to find them and stop associating with people who make you feel bad.
Yep, I agree. Gravitate to what you believe are good people. Awful people come in all age groups, sex, socio-economic backgrounds and so forth. Avoiding drama kings and queens is key. Don't let the negative people bring you down. Avoid them all like the plague and seek being around people you like spending time with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology