Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 12:25 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,615 times

Advertisements

Mod cut.

It's sad that in this day and age, these guys are still afraid to admit to this experimentation.

And I would estimate 20% of men have done this. I've had SEVERAL men open up and admit it to me.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-07-2018 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 05:26 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I recently read an article about the British boarding school system, of which many great statesmen and writers were the product, and there were all kinds of secret customs about schoolboys having sexual, and even loving, relationships. After they left school, some of these men remained lifelong friends, but they would have never thought of themselves as gay or homosexual.
Christopher Hitchens wrote about this. I got the impression that he was straight but had gay sex in boarding school.

I guess I must be puritanical but despite the fact that I have always had gay friends--and this was long before the term "gay" was used--reading this thread grosses me out. Not sure why. Certainly gay sex is no nastier or more gross than straight sex, if you look at it objectively. Maybe it's my misguided, romantic notions about boys.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:44 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
The only teenagers who have a "same sex experience" are gay. I have never had one, nor have any of my friends from high school, as none of us are gay.

I'd imagine it's only 1-2% of the population, as that is the percent of the population that is gay.
Nope, all of the above is inaccurate. Lots of otherwise "straight" men have had same sex experiences, something like 30%. And about 5% to 10% of men are gay.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:25 AM

911 posts, read 262,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is completely wrong. Your anecdotal experience is not enough to draw conclusion. I'm surprised this comes from someone who goes by "statisticsnerd". Certainly not statistics in the academic sense.

There's plenty of teenagers (mostly girls) that have same sex experiences. Ever go to a party when you were in high school? Girls are doing each other left and right... but they're doing it for the show... not for the sexual preference. Most of these girls never have relationships with girls and they don't continue to pursue sexual experiences after these phases of parties. They aren't gay.
Yup exactly..... I think more times it happens LIKE THIS than actually being gay....

Old 04-08-2018, 08:55 PM

900 posts, read 375,717 times
these reports are nothing close to what I heard, from my Saudi friend, Islamic societies condemn homosexuality and homosexual contact, but in reality this does not happen, all boys who are not seen as sufficiently masculine, are constantly violated by other boys , rape, group sex and all orde of sexual perversion, is found in these societies and things extend into adulthood, just look at how many attempts at homosexual rape take place in refugee camps.
according to him, in Saudi Arabia homosexual sex is much more common than heterosexual sex, many men spend a lifetime together and attend events and places unique to men, from a childhood to the end of life ..

I am gay I grew up and went to school Las Vegas, I took over very early, I had many friends, straight men, I had sex with some of them in adolescence, the boy who took my virginity for example today is the father of 3 children and evangelical pastor.

This is common, young men, are young, trying to get a little sex with a girl at this age is very difficult, and it is still difficult even when they grow up, but at youth age hormones are boiling and anything becomes sexual .

Old 04-09-2018, 10:29 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
I was 6...friend down the street was 7 and a bully
twice he tried to get me to perform oral on him or hed beat me up
twice I got beat up

years later he was caught forcing young boys to do this to him...he was still a minor

now I have heard he is in law enforcement...

Old 04-09-2018, 12:07 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,530,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Not true. I am gay, and I experimented sexually with many girls in high school. None since college though, and probably won't for the rest of my life. . I always knew I was gay but society pressures you into some things.
Same here. I knew I was gay at an early age but was never effeminate so none of my friends growing up ever suspected. I was a teen in the 70s in a rural area but, the girls I knew back then were very sexually active. I had sex with several girls from age 16 until 19 when I finally figured out there were gay bars 20 miles away. I may be more “bi” than some. I always admired “full figured” women and still cannot look away when I see great breasts but, that’s been the extent of my interest in women for the past 40 years! Funny, I AM a little repulsed by flat chested women. Never could figure that one out, lol.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,574 times
It's HIGH. We are conditioned to be hetero. Frats, sports, gyms, homes, reservations, offices, etc a lot of same sex activity goes on.

Old 05-14-2018, 02:38 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph9niX View Post
It's HIGH. We are conditioned to be hetero. Frats, sports, gyms, homes, reservations, offices, etc a lot of same sex activity goes on.
It is high ... most people are hetero - homo on a continuum. I take when you say 'conditioned' you're referring to some kind of general societal expectation, rather than conditioned in the true sense, which would be as preposterous as suggesting that people are 'conditioned' to be gay.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:02 AM

609 posts, read 350,005 times
Dogs do that. After dogs fight, the dominant one humps the other one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology